Username
Password

05:57 AM on 05/14/11 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
http://mif.co.uk/event/bjork-biophilia/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biophilia_(album)

It's going to be the world's first 'App Album'. It was partly recorded on an Ipad, and will be released in a series of apps. As always, with Bjork, I'm sure it will be an interesting listen. I was a little disappointed with Volta, so hopefully a bit of a return to form from her. The first song is interesting.

I barely hear any talk about Bjork on this site, so we don't have to talk solely about this album, a general Bjork discussion would be awesome. I love pretty much everything she's ever done, but my favourite album is probably Post. Any thoughts?
11:22 AM on 05/14/11 
User Info.
Bloodsucker II
ExcuuUUuuse ME, princess!
Alameda, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
color me excited
06:58 PM on 05/15/11 
User Info.
Plus155
Keep it Crispy
SLC, Utah
Male - 25 Years Old
I love me some Bjork, but not too excited about the whole 'app gimmick.' It didn't work too well for Damon Albarn, but I'll definitely check this out.
05:49 AM on 05/16/11 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
I love me some Bjork, but not too excited about the whole 'app gimmick.' It didn't work too well for Damon Albarn, but I'll definitely check this out.

Yeah, I'm not convinced by that either. I don't own an Iphone, so I'm not sure exactly how I'll be able to hear it. Hopefully she releases it physically at some point.
08:54 AM on 05/16/11 
User Info.
chokemeout
Leicester UK
Female - 26 Years Old
Love Bjork.... I couldn't pick a favourite record but Joga is my favourite track. Hope the new record is released as a hard copy.

My other half managed to see The Sugarcubes back in the day - super jealous! Anyone seen her live?
09:16 AM on 05/16/11 
User Info.
Burn That Shit
a strange turn of events
Milwaukee
Male - 27 Years Old
it does seem kind of gimmicky, hmm.
09:20 AM on 05/16/11 
User Info.
Bloodsucker II
ExcuuUUuuse ME, princess!
Alameda, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm assuming this will be released on CD as well, yes? Or at least downloadable through itunes.
10:18 AM on 05/16/11 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Love Bjork.... I couldn't pick a favourite record but Joga is my favourite track. Hope the new record is released as a hard copy.

My other half managed to see The Sugarcubes back in the day - super jealous! Anyone seen her live?

Joga is a beautiful song. I love when I listen to her songs and you can hear her smile while she sings. If that makes any sense. No, unfortunately I've never seen her live, I'd love to though. Wow, how did he manage to see The Sugarcubes, they split up in 92 didn't they, how old is he? I'm pretty jealous though, The Sugarcubes are great.

Does anyone hear listen to KUKL? They were a punk band Bjork was in during the mid-80s.

11:08 AM on 05/16/11 
User Info.
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
Aberdeen, Scotland
Male - 23 Years Old
As everyone has said, seems a bit gimmicy, but always good to hear some new Bjork...
04:01 AM on 05/17/11 
User Info.
chokemeout
Leicester UK
Female - 26 Years Old
Joga is a beautiful song. I love when I listen to her songs and you can hear her smile while she sings. If that makes any sense. No, unfortunately I've never seen her live, I'd love to though. Wow, how did he manage to see The Sugarcubes, they split up in 92 didn't they, how old is he? I'm pretty jealous though, The Sugarcubes are great.

Does anyone hear listen to KUKL? They were a punk band Bjork was in during the mid-80s.

There is so much emotion in every line she sings. You know she absolutely loves what she does. I really like the line "I'm no fucking Buddhist but this is enlightenment"

And yeah... he is slightly older than me and often I want to gag him when he goes on about all the bands he has seen.
10:20 AM on 05/17/11 
User Info.
Baines on Toast
RIP Peace
Liverpool
Male - 24 Years Old
Stoked.
09:30 PM on 06/01/11 
User Info.
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
--------------------
Male
http://pitchfork.com/news/42685-more...hiliai-emerge/

Quote:
Details continue to trickle in concerning Björk's forthcoming album/multimedia project Biophilia. The Guardian reports that it'll be released both as a conventional album with music videos (including a clip directed by frequent Björk collaborator Michel Gondry), and as an "app album"-- specifically, a package of 10 apps for the iPad, bundled within one "mother" app. Each app will correspond to a different song on the album and will evolve in general makeup over time.
For example, an app for the song "Virus" features a virus attacking a group of cells, with an interactive game where you have to stop the virus from decimating the cells. The catch is, if you stop the virus, the song ends-- so in order to hear the whole thing, you have to essentially lose the game. Pretty sneaky, Björk!

As we previously reported, Björk is planning a series of concerts in Manchester starting June 30 to preview Biophilia material, and those in attendance might get to see her play around with some truly bizarre instruments. Icelandic organ maker Björgvin Tómasson told The Guardian that he was commissioned by Björk to create two new gadgets: a MIDI-controlled organ, and a "gameleste," which is an organ-based instrument redesigned to create the sounds of a gamelan.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos