Password

Album Review

Grieves - Together/Apart Album Cover

Grieves - Together/Apart

Reviewed by
Grieves - Together/Apart
Record Label: Rhymesayers Entertainment
Release Date: June 21, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from Ian Walker. You can see all of Ian Walker's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
01:01 PM on 06/24/11
benandthesounds
User Info.
I love Grieves. As a lyricist, a writer; he's superb. He has a way of delivering particularly emotional rhymes that just gut you. Like most of RSE's roster, Grieves blurs the line between rap and beat/slam poetry. Together/Apart is easily his most evolved work... and it will probably have a spot on my top 10 list this year.
01:42 PM on 06/24/11
J Rumspringer
User Info.
I felt the exact same way about this album. I loved both "Lightspeed" and "Bloody Poetry" when they were released as singles but the album as a whole blurs together way too much. I love Grieves' rapping and singing and his delivery is so smooth but it almost puts me to sleep. I mean that somewhat in a good way but he needs to switch it up every once in a while to keep me interested.
04:53 PM on 06/24/11
D' Evils
User Info.
the songs dont blend as much as you say, boogie man has its own identity and is unlike any other track. along with prize fighter and falling from you... not to mention the full singing tracks.
12:40 PM on 06/25/11
kustykash
User Info.
Decent album
06:34 AM on 06/26/11
overdrive91
set if off and let it burn
User Info.
Love the album and Boogie man is probably his best song yet. This is definitely going to be on my top 10.
11:26 PM on 06/26/11
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
User Info.
Really loving this album.
07:46 PM on 07/13/11
trenteverywhere
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Digging the album, did you get the chance to watch the documentary that came with it? The trailer made it look pretty sick
10:10 PM on 07/28/11
glogglies
User Info.
Liking this album. Sometimes the beats can be overly simplistic, and that can cause tracks to kind of blur together. But tracks like Growing Pains and Bloody Poetry are pure hip-hop bliss.
05:53 PM on 09/30/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first 7 songs on this record would have made a perfect 10/10 EP. Bit of a shame that the rest is a tad disappointing but the good songs on here are total gold.
05:25 AM on 04/21/12
kurtdaniel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really enjoy this so far. Lyricism is absolutely stellar. Production leaves a bit to be desired.. amazing percussions all over.. makes me want to enroll in percussion lessons..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos