|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Scott - We started this band as a side project of our old bands and didn't plan to take this seriously, so I jokingly suggested Dads and it stuck, unfortunately.
John - Scott called me and said he wanted to do Dads instead of Really Hot Feminists, and I agreed.
2. How did this band get started?
Scott - We started this as a side project, then it turned into the main focus of ours.
John - Scott and I started playing around in his basement when we weren't getting drunk.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Scott - Colossal, R. Kelly, Minus The Bear, Kidcrash.
John - Rick Ross, Drake, Rihanna (sometimes), Katy Perry.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Scott - Paramore.
John - Paramore.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Scott - Anything not from a gas station.
John - Subway.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Scott - Because we don't sound like Dads from Florida.
John - Because we're two hot dudes from the east coast that can please you/your girlfriend.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Scott - Steven Gray.
John - LEBRON JAMES.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Scott - John.
John - Scott.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Scott - I would eliminate Kickstarter from ever existing.
John - I would find a way to start selling fresh cakes at the merch tables at shows.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Scott - Almost getting diabetes from Blow Pops.
John - Driving home from South Carolina after we played our set and getting to my front door 16 hours later.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Scott - It is the place to get all my THESE BRANCHES news.
John - AP.net means the best twitter feed to follow for quick fast punk music news.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Scott - "Walk" - Pantera.
John - "Turn The Page" - Bob Seger.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Scott - John's body (it's a wonderland).
John - California.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Scott - The Beach Boys.
John - Outkast.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Scott - To have X-ray vision so I could see through John's clothes at all times.
John - To fly around.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Scott - 10 beers. Forget which tuning every song is in.
John - I put baby powder on my hands like LEBRON JAMES.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Scott - I love throwing up.
John - That I LOVE getting n00dz.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Scott - No, but Hot 97 is maybe the only good part about living in the "tri-state area".
John - I don't see our band on the radio, but I do love the current state of hip hop radio stations.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Scott - Boink my girlfriend.
John - I like to read and watch TV and maybe take some photographs in my spare time.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Scott - I'm really good at the internet.
John - I can also play other instruments besides drums, as well as please a woman really well...better than anyone else.
01:48 PM on 08/12/11
I rather enjoy this band's music. They should probably stick to music and avoid comedy, however.
02:19 PM on 08/12/11
brush your teeth (again) was a good listen... not too big on the band but, i def respect their unique approach.
08:12 PM on 08/12/11
I dig 'em. Mostly because of their name.
10:48 PM on 08/12/11
Twelve Year Old, Preteen Mess.
I've been listening to Brush Your Teeth pretty often lately. I really like these guy's sound!
10:42 AM on 08/13/11
Their comedy is so bad, it's good.
"I'm really good at the internet."
01:33 PM on 08/13/11
That's not us trying to be funny :/ It's mostly inside jokes or us just not taking this seriously.
10:32 AM on 08/14/11
these pretzels are makin me thirst
The answer to Question 4 is the best.
07:25 PM on 08/14/11
That is the most non-jokingly thing about this. We almost never listen to "real" music, if you will, in the van. We're huge into radio rap/pop in an un-ironic way so we'd usually rather listen to catchy fun stuff (Rick Ross, R. Kelly, Katy Perry, Paramore) than put on "punk" album after album. It makes touring way more fun that way!
Buy The Music