Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 153
01:50 AM on 09/20/11
eons
It's my mistake to make.
User Info.
I'm glad to see that they've bounced back so well after The Alchemy Index's
Those are my favorite Thrice releases. This is a _very_ close second though. Great review.
02:30 AM on 09/20/11
canvasofwinter
User Info.
This is my favorite album Thrice has done since Vheissu. "Words in the Water" is one of my favorite songs they've ever written by a long, long shot.
03:04 AM on 09/20/11
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
User Info.
Your opening and closing paragraphs are wonderful. Great job, Alex :D
03:30 AM on 09/20/11
Nathan Tompkins
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really good review, or synopsis shall I say. I'm not usually one for the track-by-track style of review but I like the way you've not only really thought about how to put this record down onto paper, but you've also been very smart about how to pack all 12 amazing tracks down into one consistent review.
I especially like the way in which you depicted 'Blur', noting the way the 'two parts' work together side-by-side simultaneously in the second verse. And the fact that you delved into the background story surrounding the make-up of the album is pretty special too, I came out feeling like I'd just taken a trip through the Thrice museum after reading.
Good job dude, Thrice have really outdone themselves this time around. This record is massive.
03:38 AM on 09/20/11
CH!MP
planning a prison break
User Info.
AOTY. Anthology and Words In The Water are amazing. solid review
03:58 AM on 09/20/11
WasteofPaint31
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album is nothing short of breathtaking.
04:00 AM on 09/20/11
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
Really good review, or synopsis shall I say. I'm not usually one for the track-by-track style of review but I like the way you've not only really thought about how to put this record down onto paper, but you've also been very smart about how to pack all 12 amazing tracks down into one consistent review.
I especially like the way in which you depicted 'Blur', noting the way the 'two parts' work together side-by-side simultaneously in the second verse. And the fact that you delved into the background story surrounding the make-up of the album is pretty special too, I came out feeling like I'd just taken a trip through the Thrice museum after reading.
Good job dude, Thrice have really outdone themselves this time around. This record is massive.
thanks a lot!

and if a Thrice museum existed I'd most likely be the director. hah.
04:20 AM on 09/20/11
davefalcone777
@davidgfalcone
User Info.
This album is incredible. Not many albums blow me away on during the first listen, but this did. Thrice never disappoints.
04:35 AM on 09/20/11
jvg4444
User Info.
Great review, Alex and this record is one of the finest of the year. Standout tracks for me would have to be "Promises" and "Treading Paper" so far. It's shocking how much better this band gets with age.
05:03 AM on 09/20/11
TomMcCloud
User Info.
This album is incredible. Not many albums blow me away on during the first listen, but this did. Thrice never disappoints.

THIS
&
I'm now at "Listen Through me" and obviously the best track is yet to come, I liked the acoustic version, so I'm excited to hear the full band one. Awesome record so far. Not quite sure about AOTY, but definetly close. Let's see what Blink is doing on friday

Goosebumps Music!
05:03 AM on 09/20/11
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
As a Thrice fan for 8 years now, I thank you for the great review. Especially because you make it clear what I feel - this isn't their best record yet, but that's because every record is equally amazing.

favorite track for now: Cataracts. It's the quirkiest I've seen Thrice go haha.
05:04 AM on 09/20/11
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
awesome review! i will acquire this presently.
05:30 AM on 09/20/11
astaticskyline
Musician, Network Services Engineer
User Info.
Perfect review. AP should have a new reviews section to review reviews. I'd give this review a 9 or 10 for each category :)

If Thrice does decide to take a break from being a band, this would be one fuck of an album to end on - a big finale of sorts. Hopefully that will never happen though, they are too important to too many people.

Haven't stopped spinning this album since i've had it - buying a physical copy today.
05:55 AM on 09/20/11
Elsewhere
User Info.
"Too much of a track-by-track analysis rather than a review but the writing was good nonetheless. I absolutely love this record." Agree.
06:01 AM on 09/20/11
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
Good review. I need to just bite the bullet and get every Thrice CD I do not yet own.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos