AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
After Midnight Project - The Becoming Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.25
Musicianship 7.25
Lyrics 6.75
Production 8.25
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 7.25
Reviewer Tilt 7.5
Final Verdict: 74%
Member Ratings
Vocals 9.5
Musicianship 9.5
Lyrics 9.5
Production 9.63
Creativity 9.5
Lasting Value 9.88
Reviewer Tilt 9.5
Average: 96%
Inside AP.net

After Midnight Project - The Becoming

Reviewed by: newfoundmichael (05/18/08)
After Midnight Project - The Becoming
Record Label: None
Release Date: August 7, 2007

Who?

Both fan and ear friendly, After Midnight Project put together a clearcut alternative rock sound on their 2007 EP The Becoming.

How is it?

With a combination of pop rock, industrial, and a pinch of nu metal, After Midnight Project have released an EP that will definitely turn heads. The question is, which heads will it turn? Certain songs on The Becoming sound as if they would fit in on an old school Warped Tour lineup with the likes of Pennywise and Bad Religion. While those songs have a more seasoned punk rock sound, there are certain tracks such as “Digital Crush” and title track “The Becoming” that sound as if they could be on your typical party radio station. This could be looked upon as a good or bad thing depending on the listener’s musical taste. After Midnight Project have definitely gained national attention by earning a spot on the prestigious “Top Four Unsigned Bands in the Nation” list in Alternative Press. The first song on The Becoming, “Take Me Home,” is also featured on the Xbox 360 game Prey. While those are two things that any band would be ecstatic about, it is obvious that the music they are making is going to appeal to your average Red Jumpsuit Apparatus fan who bought their album because they heard “Face Down” on the radio and couldn’t get it out of their head. If you can get over that mountain or anthill (depending on how important this fact is), then you could be in for quite a fun listen.

Recommended if You Likenewer Incubus, the instrumentals of Mae, rock that is on popular radio stations

myspace.com/aftermidnightproject

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5.
12:43 PM on 05/27/08
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
I didn't want to mention this in the review, but does anyone else think this cover looks a little too much like North by Something Corporate?
12:09 AM on 05/28/08
IndieMusicRep
Restless Management
User Info.
Such a cool band and great sound...
10:08 AM on 05/28/08
zoozeevee
andIamSuzy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their performances blow me away
i have their music on repeat everyday

nuff sed

=]
01:35 PM on 05/28/08
purplebtfy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i love this band. i can't wait until they come back to Dallas which they have already agreed to do!!!!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests