Password
Rise Records News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 89 of 89.
05:19 AM on 10/14/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's nice to see Rise sign a ton of good bands but hopefully they can afford to give them all the support they deserve. Given their affiliation with Victory this is a cause for concern.
08:25 AM on 10/14/11
betweenvega
one two three fo fiffffffffffffffff
User Info.
Why does everyone say that rise is affiliated with Victory? They're affiliated with Velocity, not Victory.
Rise has Attack Attack, Of Mice and Men, Dance Gavin Dance, (had) The Devil Wears Prada, From First to Last, Woe, Is Me, etc etc keeping them afloat. They won't run out of money.
10:33 AM on 10/14/11
nickrelapse
Nick Hamm
User Info.
Why does everyone say that rise is affiliated with Victory? They're affiliated with Velocity, not Victory.
Rise has Attack Attack, Of Mice and Men, Dance Gavin Dance, (had) The Devil Wears Prada, From First to Last, Woe, Is Me, etc etc keeping them afloat. They won't run out of money.

Isn't Rise owned by Victory?

Also, it will be funny to see when all these people hate Rise once again when pop punk isn't hot. Rise likes what is popular, they aren't coming to their true colors with pop punk...it's all a matter of what is popular. It's a good business strategy but let's see how long it lasts til they are on to something new.
10:45 AM on 10/14/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Isn't Rise owned by Victory?

Also, it will be funny to see when all these people hate Rise once again when pop punk isn't hot. Rise likes what is popular, they aren't coming to their true colors with pop punk...it's all a matter of what is popular. It's a good business strategy but let's see how long it lasts til they are on to something new.
No, Rise is not owned by Victory.

And your second thought is bullshit... Rise Records got STARTED in this kind of music. I already posted about this earlier in the thread, but clue yourself into Rises' first releases.
The way I see it, it's not as simple as "pop-punk is getting big again so the labels are signing pop-punk bands." That's such a load. How about pop-punk is getting big again because the labels are signing GOOD bands that put out GOOD releases? That creates the market for it, not all of a sudden everyone got sick of crab core and went back to pop-punk.
10:50 AM on 10/14/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
No, Rise is not owned by Victory.

And your second thought is bullshit... Rise Records got STARTED in this kind of music. I already posted about this earlier in the thread, but clue yourself into Rises' first releases.
The way I see it, it's not as simple as "pop-punk is getting big again so the labels are signing pop-punk bands." That's such a load. How about pop-punk is getting big again because the labels are signing GOOD bands that put out GOOD releases? That creates the market for it, not all of a sudden everyone got sick of crab core and went back to pop-punk.

Crabcore was actually just a "genre" (if you could call it that) of one: Attack Attack! Of Mice & Men tends to get grouped in there because of Austin Carlile, but when crabcore came around, Austin was already starting Of Mice.

Just food for thought.
10:59 AM on 10/14/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Crabcore was actually just a "genre" (if you could call it that) of one: Attack Attack! Of Mice & Men tends to get grouped in there because of Austin Carlile, but when crabcore came around, Austin was already starting Of Mice.

Just food for thought.
Yeah I know this but the semantics don't change the point.
11:10 AM on 10/14/11
Rob McWilliams
User Info.
Yeah I know this but the semantics don't change the point.

If your point is that Attack Attack was the band that launched a thousand ripoffs, then yes, I understand it entirely.

Rise, however, is a label that takes in a majority of its income from those ripoffs. People aren't "switching back to pop-punk," otherwise, the world would never have heard of That's Outrageous!, Abandon All Ships, or Woe, Is Me, all of which released debuts sometime within the last 18 months.

Now, look at the year in pop-punk. New Found Glory, blink-182, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, and multiple others I have neither the time nor the patience to list have all released albums, the majority of which (can't really call the ATL album great) have been successes. Rise isn't going back to its roots, it's stocking up.

It's a scene label. It always has been, it always will be. Whatever's popular, Rise will market it. It's why "crabcore" succeeded, and it's why they're going for all these pop-punk bands now.
11:35 AM on 10/14/11
inthemix
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If your point is that Attack Attack was the band that launched a thousand ripoffs, then yes, I understand it entirely.

Rise, however, is a label that takes in a majority of its income from those ripoffs. People aren't "switching back to pop-punk," otherwise, the world would never have heard of That's Outrageous!, Abandon All Ships, or Woe, Is Me, all of which released debuts sometime within the last 18 months.

Now, look at the year in pop-punk. New Found Glory, blink-182, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, and multiple others I have neither the time nor the patience to list have all released albums, the majority of which (can't really call the ATL album great) have been successes. Rise isn't going back to its roots, it's stocking up.

It's a scene label. It always has been, it always will be. Whatever's popular, Rise will market it. It's why "crabcore" succeeded, and it's why they're going for all these pop-punk bands now.
when things begin to become popular again with kids, it also generates more kids starting those types of bands. When that happens, there are more bands that are good in a genre.
11:39 AM on 10/14/11
Rob McWilliams
User Info.
when things begin to become popular again with kids, it also generates more kids starting those types of bands. When that happens, there are more bands that are good in a genre.

True, but for every pound of gold, there are two pounds of shit. It's why the term "screamo" has been pretty much saturated by non-screamo bands to the point where we even had to rebrand it "genericore."

Not that t
12:53 PM on 10/14/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.

Does Daytrader sound close to any of those bands? Rise hasn't been signing ripoff scenepop bands, none of their bands sound like any of the few bands who are selling tons of records in the genre. If they signed some All Time Low wanna-be or band trying to be old Blink 182 I could agree with you, but the style of their latest signees isn't something that is going to explode for scene kids anytime soon. None of the non-metalcore bands they've signed have been gimmicky trash that will be quickly successful. I don't know why people can't accept that Rise can support a great band without trying to make obscene piles of money. Or why ap.net people always think pop-punk is going to be huge again anytime soon.
01:00 PM on 10/14/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

I don't really think you get it. Dude who owns raise has made a lot of money putting out scenie records. He loves punk music so now he's putting out punk records. It's the circle of life. All labels have bands that make money and they have bands that get records put out because they love them and they don't make as much money. Rise is not exactly signing black holes - Man Overboard, Transit, AL4W, blah blah - these bands will sell albums. But it's just the circle of life when you talk about cash flow and revenue, and they have the resources to help these bands do bigger things. Just look at Transit's website and their campaign for this album compared to the last album. It's obvious that Rise has got the resources to make things happen. They just handled three releases in a three-week span like nothing.
07:17 AM on 10/15/11
MILFCORE
User Info.
Wow, Rise is quickly becoming one of my favourite labels. Never thought that would happen. Hopefully their change in direction also puts an end to them signing "Rise-core" bands.
09:36 AM on 10/15/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Happy to see Rise turning around.
01:42 PM on 10/15/11
ZHettrick
User Info.
I really hope Rise puts their promotion and money into these guys, MOB and Transit. They deserve the attention.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS