AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rise Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Make Do and Mend Set for 2012 Full-Length Release on Rise

Posted by - 11:30 AM on 11/30/11
Make Do and Mend will release a full-length album on Rise Records in 2012, as announced in AltPress' list of 2012's most anticipated album releases. It is estimated for a summer release. The record will be the band's first for Rise and recording will begin February 20 with producer Matt Bayles (Mastodon, Rocky Votolato, Botch).

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 148
11:32 AM on 11/30/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Thanks for posting this Thomas.
11:33 AM on 11/30/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Haha, so Jay was right after all.

Great news.
11:34 AM on 11/30/11
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
Matt Bayles is doing the new Cursive record due this winter. For anyone who doesn't know, he was in Minus the Bear and did the keys/synths on Highly Refined Pirates. He's produced, written, and played on a lot of great records.

MDAM have so much potential, End Measured Mile was great.

I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record.
11:35 AM on 11/30/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Matt Bayles is doing the new Cursive record due this winter. For anyone who doesn't know, he was in Minus the Bear and did the keys/synths on Highly Refined Pirates. He's produced, written, and played on a lot of great records.

I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record.
ACA's douchey elitism shows...as in every post.
Either way, really enjoyed the acoustic EP. curious to see where they go with this. Still don't see how they fit in with the rest of the Wave, as the styles aren't even close.
11:36 AM on 11/30/11
HometownHero
User Info.
Lol cwhit just called someone a douchey elitist lol.
11:36 AM on 11/30/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ACA's douchey elitism shows...as in every post.
Either way, really enjoyed the acoustic EP. curious to see where they go with this. Still don't see how they fit in with the rest of the Wave, as the styles aren't even close.
How is that douche-y elitism?
11:37 AM on 11/30/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

They absolutely won't go that route, I have more faith in this band than basically any band I've ever worked with in my life. They have a great sound, a sound that's JUST different enough to carry some water, and an excellent mentality. Their LP is my most anticipated for 2012 by far!
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How is that douche-y elitism?
"I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record."
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
BEST POST
11:38 AM on 11/30/11
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lol at kyle laughing at someone else for calling someone a douchey elitist.
11:38 AM on 11/30/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.

This is what I was thinking.
11:39 AM on 11/30/11
givemegravity
nvr slp
User Info.
Rise, you're doing it right.
11:39 AM on 11/30/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record."
That's not elitism...that's stating an opinion.
11:40 AM on 11/30/11
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
They absolutely won't go that route, I have more faith in this band than basically any band I've ever worked with in my life. They have a great sound, a sound that's JUST different enough to carry some water, and an excellent mentality. Their LP is my most anticipated for 2012 by far!

I don't expect it, but I'm scared for all of these "new" bands.

The temptation to put out a worthless record and cash in on a generation of dumb ass kids is just so large. It's so easy to do, and, until MDAM really establish themselves, it's a worry of mine. Though, a tour with Thursday, meWithoutYou, Aficionado.. covering Touche Amore.. endorsement from La Dispute, Pianos, etc.. that should erase that fear. Here's to hoping it's fucking awesome!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos