AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:27 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Same here. Love the mix of humor and actual info.

You were in the man's league? That's really cool. I would love that. How'd you do?

i did pretty well, i made the playoffs but didn't win. and yeah, i love the mix of nonsense and fantasy info.
06:28 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I don't think the Browns would pass on Floyd with their 2nd 1st round pick

i doubt holmgren would go offense-offense with the two first round picks. i'm also not as high on floyd as most people are, so you might be right.
06:35 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
Vanislh
Believeland
Cleveland
Male - 22 Years Old
i doubt holmgren would go offense-offense with the two first round picks. i'm also not as high on floyd as most people are, so you might be right.

I think we would. I think this will be a huge offensive draft for us. I wouldn't be surprised if we took RB/WR/OT in the first 2 rounds
06:38 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I think we would. I think this will be a huge offensive draft for us. I wouldn't be surprised if we took RB/WR/OT in the first 2 rounds

yeah, the problem is, it's not like the defense has set the world on fire or anything this year. browns could be another team that could trade up for a QB.
06:40 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
Vanislh
Believeland
Cleveland
Male - 22 Years Old
yeah, the problem is, it's not like the defense has set the world on fire or anything this year. browns could be another team that could trade up for a QB.

True. I'd give my left nut for luck lol. How much do you think we'd have to give? 1 1 2?
06:56 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
True. I'd give my left nut for luck lol. How much do you think we'd have to give? 1 1 2?

it's gonna be crazy i think, especially with the new rookie contracts. it might take a whole draft like ricky williams did. more than 1 1 2, either 3 1s or 1 1 2 2. i really don't know, there's gonna be a lot of trades though this season. i doubt the rams stay as high as they'll wind up.
07:25 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
porttheman
SERENITY NOW!
Urbandale, Iowa
Male - 29 Years Old
I'd be fine if Broncos picked up Dennard. I could see them picking a LB or CB in the first.
08:51 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
it's gonna be crazy i think, especially with the new rookie contracts. it might take a whole draft like ricky williams did. more than 1 1 2, either 3 1s or 1 1 2 2. i really don't know, there's gonna be a lot of trades though this season. i doubt the rams stay as high as they'll wind up.

I think you're getting close. I bet it would take just a huge amount since apparently Luck compares favorably to Elway at this time. There was a really big article out a few weeks ago on ESPN or CBS or somewhere where a bunch of scouts anonymously talked about it. Rave reviews.... and so it would probably take a huge deal.
06:44 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
wesgemm08
Dance Yrself Clean
Male - 28 Years Old
29. Baltimore Ravens
Kalechi Osomele, OG, Iowa State
Osomele would be a major improvement over Ben Grubbs at LG and might even be able to play tackle in the NFL. An improvement along the interior line could help make Ray Rice even better than he already is.

When healthy, Ben Grubbs is one of the better LG's in the league. The only reason the Ravens would take a G in the first round is if they are planning on not resigning Grubbs. IMO, at this point the most likely first round pick for the Ravens is at ILB or C.
06:51 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
<*)))><
Put a T-Shirt On
Oswego,NY
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm betting luck will be a bust
07:04 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
here is my updated mock:

1. Indianapolis Colts
QB Andrew Luck, Stanford
The Colts are basically destined for this pick as they already have a 2 game jump on everyone else. Not sure what more needs to be said about Luck that already hasn't. He will be special.

2. Minnesota Vikings
OT Matt Kalil, USC
The Vikings offensive line is currently one of the worst in the NFL. Being able to grab a talent like Kalil to bolster the line will make everyone in Minnesota happy, especially that Peterson guy.

3. St. Louis Rams
WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State
Blackmon is likely the best receiver in the class and adding him to Brandon Lloyd will finally give the Rams some options for Sam Bradford.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars
WR Alshon Jefferey, South Carolina
The Jaguars receivers are the worst corps in the NFL currently in my opinion. They miss out on Blackmon, but are able to snag what is likely the 2nd best receiver in the class.

5. Carolina Panthers
CB Morris Claiborne, LSU
The Panthers offense has been solid all year under rookie Cam Newton, but their defense needs help. Claiborne is the leader of the vaunted LSU defense and can step in right away and be a difference maker in the Panther secondary.

6. Miami Dolphins
QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor
I will say that I am not 100% sold on Griffin III being a legitimate NFL QB. However, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross will not go another season without trying something new at QB. With Griffin's potential to be a star, I think he would be the pick over Matt Barkley.

7. Washington Redskins
QB Matt Barkley, USC
The Redskins are thrilled that Barkley falls to them at #7. Redskins fans should be as well, as he will instantly be a better option than John Beck and Rex Grossman.

8. Arizona Cardinals
OT Riley Reiff, Iowa
The Cardinals offensive line is pretty brutal this year, namely Levi Brown. Reiff (or Stanford's Jonathan Martin) seem to be the players that make the most sense here so that the Cardinals can protect Kevin Kolb's blindside.

9. Philadelphia Eagles
LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State
Its pretty well known that the Eagles don't believe in taking linebackers in the first round, but I think with the way things have turned out this year that has to change. Burfict is arguably the most athletic linebacker in the draft and if he can keep his attitude in check he can turn out to be a stud at the next level.

10. Cleveland Browns
RB Trent Richardson, Alabama
Peyton Hillis will likely not be back. Montario Hardesty cannot stay on the field because of his injuries. This pick makes all too much sense.

11. Kansas City Chiefs
QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma
Another pick that just makes too much sense to me.

12. Seattle Seahawks
CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
Realistically, I see the Seahawks doing whatever it takes to come away with one of the top QBs in this draft. But in this mock I have them taking Kirkpatrick, who arguably is the best player available.

13. San Diego Chargers
OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford
The Chargers are in desperate need of upgrading their offensive line, specifically right tackle. Martin fits that bill perfectly.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska
With Ronde Barber seemingly 100 years old and Aqib Talib seemingly always having legal issues, the Bucs need to get another good, young corner. Dennard is the best available at the spot and could slot right in as a starter in Tampa Bay.

15. Buffalo Bills
DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
The Bills need help in the pass rush department and they will instantly get that with this freak out of Alabama.

16. Tennessee Titans
OG David Decastro, Stanford
The Titans offensive line is not exactly one that scares opposing teams. They need to get better to help open up holes for Chris Johnson, and Decastro would most certainly be an upgrade.

17. New York Jets
WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame
Sure, it may not matter who the Jets have at receiver until Mark Sanchez drastically improves or is ultimately replaced, but the chance to grab a talent like Floyd at this spot.

18. Denver Broncos
CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
Jenkins, the former Florida gator that was kicked out of school because of his troubles with the law, is still a very promising prospect. The Denver secondary is ancient and they need to look towards the future and if Jenkins can keep his head straight he has a great shot of being a very good shutdown cornerback.

19. New York Giants
LB Luke Kuechly, Boston College
The Giants desperately need help at the LB position and it just so happens that arguably the best linebacker in the draft falls to them at 19. Kuechly will be paired with his former college teammate Mark Herzlich in NY.

20. Dallas Cowboys
CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia
Could also see them going with Gilmore here, but the Cowboys still need to address some holes in their secondary.

21. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta)
DE Quentin Coples, North Carolina
Hard to believe that Coples would fall this far, but the Browns are ecstatic he is there at 21 with the pick they got in the Julio Jones trade.

22. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)
DE/DT Devin Still, Penn State
The Bengals will likely be picking twice right around the same spot in the draft so they can add multiple pieces to fill in holes.

23. Cincinnati Bengals
CB Stephen Gilmore, South Carolina
The Bengals add another piece to their defense. Gilmore is the best corner available in a position of need for Cincy.

24. Chicago Bears
WR Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers
The Bears need an upgrade at WR to give Jay Cutler some more options. With Blackmon, Jefferey, and Floyd all gone well before they pick, they go with with the physical freak in Sanu.

25. Detroit Lions
OT/OG Barrett Jones, Alabama
The Lions need to address holes in their offensive line and the versatile Jones will be a great option.

26. Houston Texans
DT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington
One of those picks that makes way too much sense. Ta'amu will likely step right in and be the starter in the Texans 3-4 defense.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers
DT Dontari Poe, Memphis
With Ta'amu off the board, the Steelers go for the next best thing in Poe. They need to get younger on their defense and this is a step in that direction.

28. San Francisco 49ers
S TJ Mcdonald, USC
The Niners gave up quickly on another USC safety in Taylor Mays, but may not want to pass up the opportunity to land arguably the best safety in this draft class.

29. Baltimore Ravens
LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
I think its time for the Ravens to start looking for a replacement for future Hall of Famer Ray Lewis.

30. New England Patriots (from New Orleans)
DE/OLB Vinny Curry, Marshall
The Patriots need help in the pass rush and they get one of the best pure pass rushers in the entire class here. This could out to be another steal of a pick for Belichick and company.

31. New England Patriots
S Mark Barron, Alabama
The Patriots also need help in the secondary and Barron has the potential to start right away opposite Patrick Chung.

32. Green Bay Packers
DE/OLB Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma
The Packers need to find a consistent pass rusher opposite Clay Matthews and Lewis has the potential to be just that.
07:11 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
When healthy, Ben Grubbs is one of the better LG's in the league. The only reason the Ravens would take a G in the first round is if they are planning on not resigning Grubbs. IMO, at this point the most likely first round pick for the Ravens is at ILB or C.

grubbs has been bad this year, he's been injured and he's a free agent next year. i suspect he won't be back.
07:48 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
brandonisstupid
Virginia
Male
But top pick money doesn't mean what it used to mean. Cam's "only" getting 22 million for 4 years. That's a lot of money, but it's not enough that they couldn't afford them both for a year or whatever, if they wanted.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I just think it's unlikely. There is no question that the Colts are a better team with Peyton and would have undoubtedly had a shot at the playoffs, but that team needs to be complete retooled if they want to be a championship contender and they obviously need money to do that. Peyton's got two maybe three years left and nobody is sure if he's even going to be the same player, so if you believe Luck is worthy of the first overall pick then you must think he's your future. It'll definitely be interesting to see how what happens, but if Peyton goes or stays he is not going to play second fiddle to anyone, even if he misses extensive time in the offseason, because his neck is still recovering.
08:01 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
jimjam32
www.myspace.com/withhonorsmusic
Monticello
Male - 25 Years Old
the talk of no manning in indy is so depressing. no matter how good andrew luck is, no one can do what manning has done here. i don't think any player as ever put as much study time into the game.
08:01 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
wesgemm08
Dance Yrself Clean
Male - 28 Years Old
grubbs has been bad this year, he's been injured and he's a free agent next year. i suspect he won't be back.

He's only played 5 games this year, 4 of which were against the steelers, 49ers and bengals defenses. He hasn't been BAD in any of those games.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos