Username
Password

02:11 PM on 10/21/12 
User Info.
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
Edmonton, AB
Male - 20 Years Old
Hey guys so I recently got a new Taylor acoustic guitar and I have a question I am hoping someone can answer for me.

yesterday and today I have been noticing a slight buzz on most of my strings and I'm not sure what the problem is. I googled it first and I went to this page: http://www.taylorguitars.com/blog/ta...ltiple-strings

I noticed this point instantly: "Did you change to a different string gauge or tuning? Either of these can change the amount of tension on the neck, making it backbow and cause buzzing. If this is the case, a simple truss rod adjustment will fix it. For more information, review Taylor Tech Sheet “Truss Rod Adjustment.”

I haven't had my guitar in standard tuning for, I'm guessing a week, do you guys think this is what the buzz is from? Whenever I was finished playing though i would loosen the the strings that went particularly high for the tuning, just because I didnt want the neck to be under too much distress when I wasn't playing it. Also whenever I wasnt playing I kept it in its hard case and had an oasis humidifier in the between the middle strings so im assuming humidity isn't the problem here.

one more question: If it is because of tuning, is this happening just because it is a newer guitar? Surely im not going to have to re-adjust my truss rod everytime I dont play in standard tuning??

Also in case anyone wanted to know for some reason, this is the tuning I was playing in most of the week: FACGCE
05:34 AM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
Deluminate
No Avatar Selected
Male - 23 Years Old
Never been a fan of taylor made guitars myself, this one is lovely though. Not sure what the problem is with it though, i hope someone can answer soon
02:40 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
NJ
Male
What gauge are you using when you're tuned down? I find that sometimes if I use lower gauge strings in open & dropped tunings then I get a slight buzz.
06:33 AM on 10/31/12 
User Info.
gsaadg
No Avatar Selected
Pakistan
Male - 18 Years Old
While this subject can be very touchy for most people,no. 1 matrimonial site in the world my opinion is that there has to be a middle or common ground that we all can find.jobs in pakistanI do appreciate that youve added relevant and intelligent commentary here though. Thank you!
07:13 AM on 11/13/12 
User Info.
doctintucmoi
No Avatar Selected
Female
good advice, thanks for sharing !!!

doc tin tuc moi | doc tin tuc moi nhat

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music