AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

03:48 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
Male - 21 Years Old
Yes but as long as the character works for the movie, why does it matter? It's like not liking Bane in the Dark Knight Rises because he didn't use venom and wasn't hispanic. Or Ra's al Ghul from Begins because he didn't have a Lazarus Pit. Yet these are examples of comics interpreted well into movies.

You're talking about aesthetic features of those characters, I'm talking about the personality of a character, which is much more important. It's not like they just gave Maguire a different haircut from what Parker had in the comics haha. They completely changed the character! How can you say "why does it matter"? Spider-man is one of my favourite fictional characters so of course I want to see him represented correctly on the big screen! It's really not that hard to grasp, dude. I mean, you can make excuses for Raimi's rather dated films all day but it doesn't change the fact that Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker is one of the worst casting decisions in superhero-movie history ever.

Quote:
And while I realize that this may invalidate my whole opinion to you, Peter's character done "correctly" means nothing in the context of the sub-par movie surrounding it that was the Amazing Spider-Man.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos