No Avatar Selected
angels and airwaves are awful.
11:06 AM on 07/24/14 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah, at this point the only songs I listen to off of that album are The War and The Adventure.

From I-Empire: Call To Arms, Everything's Magic, Love Like Rockets
Love 1: Young London, Epic Holiday, Flight of Apollo (occasionally)
Love 2: Surrender, Anxiety, All That We Are (yes I know it's cheesy as hell, but I still really like it)

I'd actually make the argument that I-Empire or Love 1 are AVA's most solid albums.
yeah, they're all pretty mediocre but I'd say Love pt 1 might be their best. and then it's a toss-up between I-Empire and WDNTW
11:56 AM on 07/24/14 
User Info.
Dom-182
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
The lyrics on the revelator are so bad.

I just re-listened to love part 1, there's some cool parts musically but the lyrics ruin the songs for me. The ending of Some Origins of Fire is cool. Hallucinations is probably the closest thing to a good song on the album.
12:11 PM on 07/24/14 
User Info.
LogikaX
Project Tu
No Avatar Selected
Hmm, we give them a lot of grief for their lyrics. (Grocery store perfection, anyone?)

What are everyone's favorite lines/verses?

Dom reminded me that I really like this lyric from Epic Holiday:
Quote:
Every single day, every nine to five
Everybody works it hard, but then we finally die
And there's no remorse, or the slightest sound
We're forever cool with the way it all breaks up and down
09:09 PM on 07/24/14 
User Info.
crf1895
get kinda awesome
Brazil
Male - 20 Years Old
Am I the only one that likes Love PT 2? I think it has a few of AVA's best songs: My Heroine, Saturday Love (even though it's almost Video Killed The Radio Star), All That We Are, and The Revelator.

ha, i thought i was the only one who realized how much the chorus sounded like VKTRS. also their worst opener so far.
07:00 AM on 07/25/14 
User Info.
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
Killeen, TX
Male - 27 Years Old
Whisper is my favorite. It's got the best good song/cap song ratio. I think it only being 10 songs helps me get through it too.

I also remember listening to that album with headphones on and picking up new parts in every song all the time. Soo many layers haha
10:36 AM on 07/25/14 
User Info.
FormalShorts
Male - 28 Years Old
So how much blink stuff do you guys own? I've seen a few of you talking about records. I stumbled across this guy's collection http://jbenjamin182.weebly.com/index.html and it's pretty crazy. He has like Turkish versions of albums on cassette and stuff. A lot of the alternate art on the CDs and vinyl and whatnot looks pretty cool though.

11:24 AM on 07/28/14 
User Info.
InvaderPhantom
Germany
Male - 18 Years Old
I could also never really understand the general opinion of "The first AvA album is great, the second one is okay and the Love albums suck". I'd agree with the opinion that Love Part Two is the weakest one, but I think all the other albums are on the same level of okay-ishness.

I'm pretty sure people like Whisper the most because that was the first AvA album they listened to, so they got the opinion most people got about this band: At first intrigueness and genuine interest, then realizing that all the other albums sound the same, so the band must have become "worse with time".

My favorite AvA album is actually Love Part One, and that was the first one I ever listened to. I liked it a lot, but when I listened to the other albums I was pretty disappointed. Then I eventually realized that most of the AvA albums are just the same thing, and I only like Love Part One the most because it was the one that sparked my interest in the band.
11:51 AM on 07/28/14 
User Info.
crf1895
get kinda awesome
Brazil
Male - 20 Years Old
People like Whisper the most because that's their more inventive and honest record so far, when they hadn't yet attempted to push for the mainstream with catchier hooks and generally faster songs (I-Empire) nor built a supposedly epic concept spanning over a hundred minutes of music that was actually just pretentious recycled material from their own past works, showcasing Tom at a loss for creativity (Love).

I'd agree that WDNTW is the best and most substantial one out of the four so far, although I-Empire is the most diverse, acessible, fun and my personal favorite.
12:14 PM on 07/29/14 
User Info.
berbakay
No Avatar Selected
So how much blink stuff do you guys own? I've seen a few of you talking about records. I stumbled across this guy's collection http://jbenjamin182.weebly.com/index.html and it's pretty crazy. He has like Turkish versions of albums on cassette and stuff. A lot of the alternate art on the CDs and vinyl and whatnot looks pretty cool though.

I'm 99% sure I sold that Dude Ranch Advance to that guy haha such a cool item.

I sold most of my collection. The only thing valuable I have now is my TCTCU vinyl which I got signed by Tom (so it has no collectable value now). I'm going to try to get it signed by Tom at the Brixton show then get it framed.
12:50 PM on 07/29/14 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm 99% sure I sold that Dude Ranch Advance to that guy haha such a cool item.

I sold most of my collection. The only thing valuable I have now is my TCTCU vinyl which I got signed by Tom (so it has no collectable value now). I'm going to try to get it signed by Tom at the Brixton show then get it framed.
Mark you mean? or do you want 2 Tom signatures on it?
03:39 PM on 07/29/14 
User Info.
berbakay
No Avatar Selected
Yeah I'm such a Tombot I want his signature twice

yeah I want Mark's next week haha. I got Tom's at an AVA meet & greet while blink were broken up. He signed it TD182 and I nearly jizzed myself haha.
10:00 AM on 07/30/14 
User Info.
luke569
No Avatar Selected
lucky
03:47 AM on 07/31/14 
User Info.
paullmusic
PaullMusic
No Avatar Selected
Hope you all get a chance to listen to my new original song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVDBGCE6Tkw
03:52 AM on 07/31/14 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
I've got a LOT of blink merchandise and different copies of all their different stuff from when I was a super fan when I was a kid. 7" Vinyl singles and EP's like Lemmings and Uranus, 12" records of the LP's, all of the CD and DVD singles, old school tour t-shirts. More stuff that I would really care for now really.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos