Username
Password

Album Review - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 120 of 121.
03:29 PM on 11/24/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Haha, oh? Realizing I'm falling for troll bait, which scores would you disagree with? I really hope this isn't about Issues, because it takes a special immaturity to think one album review by one band affects another.
I was clearly joking, c'mon now. I should've added more exclamation marks on that one.
03:30 PM on 11/24/12
agl
User Info.
A few thoughts:

1. The chug-chug riffs are so fucking repetitive, if they don't let their lead guitarist go and replace him with someone with talent then I'll know they truly don't care. Even AAS sounds a hundred more times interesting than this, what the hell is Paiano doing

2. Some of the least inspired lyrics ever. Doriano sounded better with TO!, now he just sounds like a cliche, and Hance's vocals are too overproduced to sound good, despite whatever true talent he may have.

3. Thornton's image for this band is just horrible, if this sound and 'pissed off at the world' lyrical theme is his idea of good music then it really is no wonder why most of the musicians he's ever worked with have parted ways with him over creative differnces.
06:50 PM on 11/24/12
hotrod
2 legit 2 quit
User Info.
this band is a joke to me, but to be honest i think the worst part of this album is the lyrics. They are so cliche that they ruin the music (which is hard to do) and the music is pretty good on this album. The production is fantastic, they spent a lot of money, and the playing is superb, but this guy's lyrics are awful.
10:25 PM on 11/24/12
LAFlightPlan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think this is the worst thing I've ever heard that wasn't supposed to be a joke... Every song sounds exactly the same except for the last one. Please don't listen to this and DON'T waste you time.
10:36 PM on 11/24/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
For anyone who likes this album, I'd be happy to provide you with a list of heavy albums that are infinitely better.

I would love to hear what you think is a good heavy album so I can laugh. You RIYL this to "everything wrong in the world" then turn around and give that issues band (another by the numbers, equally shit band in shit genre) a 70%. Its ALL the same tired old crap that boring bands have been putting out over and over.
11:23 PM on 11/24/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been going with ETID, Letlive, Night Verses, and a few others. Thoughts? I want to make sure I'm suggesting bands that could legitimately draw their interest.
Stray From The Path.

For something a little closer to that sound, Destroy the Runner or Art By Numbers? Maybe The Human Abstract?

Glass Cloud, Periphery, Oh, Sleeper, etc etc etc
10:27 AM on 11/26/12
George_mm
You bred raptors?
User Info.
For anyone who likes this album, I'd be happy to provide you with a list of heavy albums that are infinitely better.
Just curious any idea what this album is supposed to sell in its first week? Alot of scene bands have been having relatively good first week sales, and I know w,im was getting really popular but I feel like this album will turn away more people than you think.
10:33 PM on 12/08/12
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
Just curious any idea what this album is supposed to sell in its first week? Alot of scene bands have been having relatively good first week sales, and I know w,im was getting really popular but I feel like this album will turn away more people than you think.

Apparently it didn't chart at all. I also went to their headlining tour and a lot of people seemed to leave before they came on.
06:06 PM on 12/27/12
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
sooo generic. I like "family first" though.
04:15 PM on 02/06/13
Alvin0125
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

YES PLEASE! I'd like to update my library 😊
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums