Username
Password

09:02 AM on 06/28/15 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
Get Hurt fucking rules. Love the sound of it. I was actually really disappointed they barely played any songs off it when I saw in March. Brian's voice is so smooth.
fact.

and that's weird, they played a pretty good selection of songs from that album when i saw them this past spring. hm.
07:03 AM on 07/02/15 
User Info.
abw123
No Avatar Selected
fact.

and that's weird, they played a pretty good selection of songs from that album when i saw them this past spring. hm.

Yeah, first tour they did, but they ditched the majority of that album from setlists pretty quickly after the initial tour, I have always wondered why. They went from playing certain songs EVERY NIGHT to not at all.

They're not playing Dark Places, Stay Vicious, Get Hurt AT ALL anymore.

I think they (and their fans in general) underrate the album.
07:14 AM on 07/02/15 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
Dark Places is in my top 5 Gaslight songs. Such a shame they don't play it.
07:16 AM on 07/02/15 
User Info.
Paulb-182
woodandnails.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 26 Years Old
Get Hurt is massively underrated. I don't ever go back to Handwritten or American Slang but Get Hurt still gets me coming back for repeat listens.
07:44 AM on 07/02/15 
User Info.
abw123
No Avatar Selected
Dark Places in is my top 5 too, and I think Red Violins and Selected Poems are arguably top 10. I'm not a Stay Vicious or Stray Paper fan but I love the rest of the album, including the bonus songs.

I think it's a little more consistent than Handwritten but Handwritten is excellent too. To me Handwritten is just a little top heavy, it takes a dip in quality for me after track 5, and Mae/National Anthem/Teenage Rebellion is too many really slow songs almost in a row at the tail end.

I love me some American Slang. So underrated.
09:30 AM on 07/02/15 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
Troy, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah, first tour they did, but they ditched the majority of that album from setlists pretty quickly after the initial tour, I have always wondered why. They went from playing certain songs EVERY NIGHT to not at all.

They're not playing Dark Places, Stay Vicious, Get Hurt AT ALL anymore.

I think they (and their fans in general) underrate the album.
They played Stay Vicious on one of the NY dates for the spring tour and at Skate and Surf, but out of the three times I caught them this year they;ve only played Helter Skeleton/1000 Years/Stay Vicious/Underneath the Ground, and Have Mercy/Sweet Morphine for b-sides. Maybe Halloween.

I am DYING to see Selected Poems, Dark Places, and Mama's Boys.
02:34 PM on 07/02/15 
User Info.
abw123
No Avatar Selected
I saw 2 shows in October and got to see all the new songs except for Selected Poems, Rolling and Tumbling, Break Your Heart, and Halloween.

Selected Poems seems like it should be a regular in the set FOR SURE.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos