Username
Password

07:03 PM on 04/17/14 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
The Raid 2 is not nearly as good as the first, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I found it far too self serious at points and there were many fight scenes that seemed completely unnecessary and only there to add more action. It was fun though.
08:06 PM on 04/17/14 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
The Immigrant is a deeply moving film about the ways we lie to each other and ourselves about opportunity and self-worth. It is as close to a "perfect" film as one might see this year.
Glad to see you enjoyed it as much as I did. How do you feel about me putting Gray up there as one of the greatest working film makers a few months back after seeing this?
08:19 PM on 04/17/14 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 25 Years Old
Glad to see you enjoyed it as much as I did. How do you feel about me putting Gray up there as one of the greatest working film makers a few months back after seeing this?

After The Immigrant and Two Lovers, there is certainly a case to be made. He has some very interesting ideas about how to frame dramatic conversations between characters. I have not seen his first two films, though.
05:29 AM on 04/18/14 
User Info.
drewbaldy
drewbaldy
Florida
Male - 29 Years Old
Nurse 3D 6.5/10 - it was a fun, well made movie. But, it just couldn't decide whether it wanted to be self aware or a straight up horror movie. Gore was pretty good. Writing was pretty bad. The two leads were gorgeous. All in all I'm glad I only paid 1.29 on red box to watch it.
01:45 PM on 04/18/14 
User Info.
airik625
you mess with the bull...
Memphis, TN
Male - 24 Years Old
I downloaded it but haven't got around to watching it yet. Don't know if I'm going to either.
06:29 PM on 04/18/14 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
I saw the second part of Nymphomaniac today and it wasn't as good as the first part, but still very solid all around. Some of it was hilarious, especially the scene with Marcel on the balcony. I didn't like the final 30 seconds or whatever though, seemed like von Trier wrote himself into a dead end and he wasn't sure how to end it.
06:31 PM on 04/18/14 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
Oculus so good !!!
03:21 AM on 04/19/14 
User Info.
bree1981
No Avatar Selected
The Lifegaurd 8/10
Really great coming of age/early life crisis movie starring Kristen Bell. All the characters in the film feel fully formed with the kind of problems that most people face in the early part of there adult life. The movie has a really strong supporting cast as well including the likes of Martin Starr, Amy Madigan and Alex Shaffer (the kid from the fantastic Win,Win). Final mention has to go to the soundtrack which includes a Frightened Rabbit song at the end of the film that just fits perfectly.

The Proposition 9/10
Really brutal Australian western starring Guy Pearce and Ray Winstone. Watched this on blu-ray and it looks terrific, the outback vistas really looking superb in high-def. This is a bleak film about savage men where even the so called good guys commit inexcusable acts of violence but it rings true to the place in time where the weak don't survive for long.
04:15 AM on 04/19/14 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
The Proposition is good, makes Lawless even more disappointing, even though I still think it was okay. I haven't seen it since it was in theaters though.
08:14 AM on 04/19/14 
User Info.
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
No Avatar Selected
Male - 23 Years Old
The Proposition is a gorgeous film
12:58 PM on 04/19/14 
User Info.
secretsociety92
secretsociety92 for last.fm & Xbox
England!!
Male - 21 Years Old
2 Guns - 6.5/10
01:43 PM on 04/19/14 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't think I rated this one the last time I posted something. So here's this: The Purge - 6.0/10. Went in expecting to hate this but I surprisingly loved it in my first view. I haven't rewatched it or anything sense, but I definitely read up on it, thought about it..and realized all the plot holes with it and terrible dialogue (the two biggest complaints I could come across).

The deal breaker for many people seemed to be the unbelievable premise.. but I actually liked the idea of a weird dystopian future where murder is allowed for a day. Not too sure how I feel about the reasoning for it (to release the beast.. a real line believe it or not), but it did create an unique world. Bottom line with this is that I'm way more interested in the sequel, you know, the movie that will actually show us more about the one captivating aspect of the film. The Purge is a typical home-invasion horror premise.. without even a lot of home-invasion. The villains were creepy enough though and the ending was oddly satisfying. Would only recommend if you have an hour and a half to kill and were excited by the Purge Anarchy trailer.
07:33 AM on 04/20/14 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 25 Years Old
A lot of the premise of Snowpiercer makes makes absolutely no sense, but it is certainly fun and has some interesting ideas about how class systems propagate themselves.
07:39 AM on 04/20/14 
User Info.
williek311
Richmond, VA
Male - 27 Years Old
A lot of the premise of Snowpiercer makes makes absolutely no sense, but it is certainly fun and has some interesting ideas about how class systems propagate themselves.
I don't understand why there needs to be a train that travels around the earth but I don't care.
08:00 AM on 04/20/14 
User Info.
secretsociety92
secretsociety92 for last.fm & Xbox
England!!
Male - 21 Years Old
Django Unchained - 9/10

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music