But the +44 is better than most of Blink's output
This
03:28 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
JustinTheHate
Hater
Golden, CO
Male
I love Matt Skiba but apart of me wishes they got Jordan Pundik from NFG to play this show (if they weren't touring right now obviously), his voice is a lot more "whiny", for lack of a better word, like Tom's and he also plays guitar, but I'm not sure how well. I just feel like his voice would compliment Mark's a lot better. That being said I'm still extremely excited to see how this show with Matt goes.

I don't think it needs to be whiny, just in a naturally higher register. I mean if you want Tom's exact voice back we should just clone him and do a vocal chord transplant.
03:39 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Every cloud is in your way
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 26 Years Old
If you want toms voice get that clone from man overboard
03:41 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
BrenChampReilly
Self Proclaimed Ladies Man
Washington DC
Male - 24 Years Old
This is either really gonna suck or going to be great for blink. I personally don't think Matt's voice will work with Mark's that well heck, even their names are almost similar 😛
03:50 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
I was gonna say the most exciting thing about all of this is that there's such a different sounding vocalist and guitar player joining them for the show. Pointless trying to recreate it exactly because then they'd also play the same setlist as ever probably. This opens up so many exciting ideas for them/fans.
04:48 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philly / Boston
Male - 22 Years Old
So Mark DJ'ed for Taking Back Tuesday in LA for the second time last night, maybe this will be a regular thing. Really loving his song choices and gets me excited for potential openers if Blink and Skiba actually do a tour.

http://www.himynameismark.com/blogs/...esday-set-list
http://www.himynameismark.com/blogs/...-march-edition

Interestingly he played Anthem Pt. 2 and All The Small Things so maybe they'll make the setlist.
05:45 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
So Mark DJ'ed for Taking Back Tuesday in LA for the second time last night, maybe this will be a regular thing. Really loving his song choices and gets me excited for potential openers if Blink and Skiba actually do a tour.

http://www.himynameismark.com/blogs/...esday-set-list
http://www.himynameismark.com/blogs/...-march-edition

Interestingly he played Anthem Pt. 2 and All The Small Things so maybe they'll make the setlist.
he played the 8-bit version of "All The Small Things." haha awesome.
07:13 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
Cbates07
Syracuse, NY
Male
are you young? you've had enough opportunity in the past 6 years

I mean, you haven't been able to since 1998

I'm 19. I live in upstate NY, so they were never close as long as I've been going to shows
07:16 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
Cbates07
Syracuse, NY
Male
To be fair, not everyone can get out to gigs all the time. I had to travel an hour and a half and sleep on the couch of a guy I'd barely talked to in 10 years when I went to see them. Sometimes things just don't work out.

Perfectly said. I was hoping with a new release and touring cycle I'd be able to catch them this time around, but yeah...
07:19 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
Squidward
Squiddy
Byron Bay, NSW
Male
They'll definitely play I Miss You. One of those rehearsal pics Mark posted had him playing that jaguar bass with the capo….its the only song he uses that for.
Well spotted!
07:27 PM on 03/04/15 
User Info.
Squidward
Squiddy
Byron Bay, NSW
Male
I don't mean this in any holier-than-thou way or anything, but I am legitamately surprised at the number of people in their 20's/early 30's on AP who have not heard of Alkaline Trio prior to this news.
I hadn't got any of their songs til I saw them at soundwave in 09
But Id only heard their name up until then and only heard 1 song "stupid kid"

But in saying that outside of my own iPod I haven't heard their music since at Rock and punk clubs that spin their genre here in Australia. I guess they always were that bit too moody to be played for parties and mainstream radio

I do like the idea of Jordan NFG someone said before.

Who had those YouTube clips of the German guy who literally thought he was Tom delonge. It was scary. He could join haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos