AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Something Corporate News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 46.
02:20 PM on 03/19/13
Nardes
User Info.
so 500 split between there and hot topic? i thought it would of sold out already! thanks for sharing!
the first pressings were:
500 red -Andrew's store
500 white - ETR records
500 black - Hot Topic

And we're now on the second pressing
500 clear -Andrew's store
500 green -ETR records
500 (???) -Hot Topic

So altogether 3,000 pieces were printed
02:26 PM on 03/19/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Never would have thought this would be out on vinyl. Makes sense the band isn't happy about it, but hey, that's how it goes with SRC sometimes.
02:33 PM on 03/19/13
bigt151
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well done SRC. Another release w/o a band's consent. I won't be purchasing this. Official release of 'North' due out in October. I'll wait for that.
02:40 PM on 03/19/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
so 500 split between there and hot topic? i thought it would of sold out already! thanks for sharing!

its a very nice gatefold release, and it also sounds great.

the only thing i would note is that the 'green marble' is much darker than i was expecting it to be, its almost black.

still love having it though.
02:42 PM on 03/19/13
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
Yeah, i'll wait for North.
03:13 PM on 03/19/13
mkohler
Unnerved the nerve.
User Info.
I don't want to get this because of the lack of consent from the band but Wait is my favorite SoCo song.
03:14 PM on 03/19/13
krockradio24
User Info.
They should do a 7 inch with all of the bonus tracks minus Konstantine, unless they can fit it.

Watch the Sky
Forget December
Wait
Letters to Noelle

That I would buy
Etr mentioned trying to do this and that andrew was on board but needed to talk to the label first

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/to...xlp-src/page-2
03:20 PM on 03/19/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Enjoy The Ride will be releasing North in the fall, so don't spend money on this
03:29 PM on 03/19/13
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
the first pressings were:
500 red -Andrew's store
500 white - ETR records
500 black - Hot Topic

And we're now on the second pressing
500 clear -Andrew's store
500 green -ETR records
500 (???) -Hot Topic

So altogether 3,000 pieces were printed
just ordered myself a copy and hot topic says its blue! http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Mus... P-357383.jsp
04:34 PM on 03/19/13
thenewline
memories from ashes
User Info.
I'm really torn on if I want to buy this or not. I understand everyone is pissed at that fact the band had no knowledge or involvement in it. But we wouldn't have a lot of the represses and albums we loved pressed on vinyl if everyone went though the bands first. Did it stop everyone from buying the two Midtown records recently done by hot topic? No. How about Finch's WIITB? I do understand this is all just a way to cash in on the soco vinyl craze, but I'd love to have some of those songs on a record to play. Even if I'm not to keen on the way it was done.
05:01 PM on 03/19/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I love greatest hits albums. but a greatest hits on vinyl makes me wanna puke.
05:14 PM on 03/19/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They should do a 7 inch with all of the bonus tracks minus Konstantine, unless they can fit it.

Watch the Sky
Forget December
Wait
Letters to Noelle

That I would buy

Apparently there's already talks of that going with the North release hahahah
05:30 PM on 03/20/13
thirtyfourdays
Brandon
User Info.
They make a comment about it somewhere? I'll update this post.

A lot of vinyl gets released "without consent" of the artist ... cause they don't have the licensing rights themselves for it.
what Jason said.

If they don't have the licensing rights its really not even "without the bands consent." They signed those rights over years ago in a contract more than likely. That doesn't make it the best situation by any means and I'm not condoning it. Just saying.

Still won't pick this up though, not worth it for the price especially with North coming out in the fall.
05:34 PM on 03/20/13
thirtyfourdays
Brandon
User Info.
I'm really torn on if I want to buy this or not. I understand everyone is pissed at that fact the band had no knowledge or involvement in it. But we wouldn't have a lot of the represses and albums we loved pressed on vinyl if everyone went though the bands first. Did it stop everyone from buying the two Midtown records recently done by hot topic? No. How about Finch's WIITB? I do understand this is all just a way to cash in on the soco vinyl craze, but I'd love to have some of those songs on a record to play. Even if I'm not to keen on the way it was done.
yeah I'm with you on this one. It's not the best practices but what they are doing isn't really illegal or anything and some of the records are really sweet. It's a really sticky situation.
05:59 PM on 03/20/13
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
North will be great. I'd rather have the two actual LPs than a compilation mishmash of songs I already have.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums