Username
Password

11:18 AM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
OctoberOrigins
Jack
Spartanburg, SC
Male - 21 Years Old
was it one of those side cheek things? cause many girls i know do that to other girls and guys. i never initiate it though cause i think it's a bit awkward. i just wait if they do it to me. if not i just wave awkwardly.

You probably shouldn't do it unless someone says you can anyway, because not everyone wants all these people to just randomly kiss them. It can be gross and rapey if there's no consent.
11:34 AM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
assasiNATE
Male - 23 Years Old
You probably shouldn't do it unless someone says you can anyway, because not everyone wants all these people to just randomly kiss them. It can be gross and rapey if there's no consent.

i'm not sure you get the idea. it's not gross or rapey, at least not to anyone i know.. this is how the scenario plays out: i'm with a group of people of mixed genders. when i leave i usually give all the guys some type of handshake bro-hug thingy and all the girls some type of sidecheek hug thingy. i never initiate the sidecheek thingy cause i find it a bit awkward unless it's a girl i really know well. in all other cases i wait for a girl to say bye and initiate it. so it's not something someone says you can do, it's just something people do. although it be nice if someone would just say if i could do it, cause everyone else is freely doing it and i just feel awkward and then i think, "hey maybe that girl thinks i'm rude or don't like her because i'm not greeting her or saying hi in the appropriate fashion that everyone else is doing."

edit: why can't i just give everyone a firm handshake and a half-nod.
11:42 AM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Las Vegas, NV
Female - 20 Years Old
was it one of those side cheek things? cause many girls i know do that to other girls and guys. i never initiate it though cause i think it's a bit awkward. i just wait if they do it to me. if not i just wave awkwardly.
I don't even know. He walked with me to my car and was talking to me with my window open, and then he like put his arm in for a hug and tried to kiss me on the cheek. It was the most awkward thing ever.
11:59 AM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
OctoberOrigins
Jack
Spartanburg, SC
Male - 21 Years Old
i'm not sure you get the idea. it's not gross or rapey, at least not to anyone i know.. this is how the scenario plays out: i'm with a group of people of mixed genders. when i leave i usually give all the guys some type of handshake bro-hug thingy and all the girls some type of sidecheek hug thingy. i never initiate the sidecheek thingy cause i find it a bit awkward unless it's a girl i really know well. in all other cases i wait for a girl to say bye and initiate it. so it's not something someone says you can do, it's just something people do. although it be nice if someone would just say if i could do it, cause everyone else is freely doing it and i just feel awkward and then i think, "hey maybe that girl thinks i'm rude or don't like her because i'm not greeting her or saying hi in the appropriate fashion that everyone else is doing."

edit: why can't i just give everyone a firm handshake and a half-nod.

Right but not everyone is comfortable with it, and they shouldn't have to put up with some person assuming it was okay.
02:16 PM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
I hate filling out scholarship applications but I guess I hate debt more. Still, it's weird to brag about myself and sometimes I feel overwhelmed. I feel like I'm so used to underplaying everything that idk how to talk about how awesome I am, especially since I think I'm fairly average. I have finally found some that don't need letters of rec tho so I'm just gonna force myself to do it. I keep hearing people with worse grades than me getting amazing scholarships, so if they can do it, then I should be able to. My lack of extra-curriculars is always depressing tho when it comes to filling these out.

Also, omg I need to take the plunge and just take a shower because it's already 2:00pm but I have an injury and when I took a shower yesterday it hurt so bad I had to try not to scream, and I have a pretty high pain tolerance. fml.
08:01 PM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 21 Years Old
I missed my first Chiodos show in 10 years. I'm a lot more upset than I thought I would be and now I regret not going. Almost like I feel like a bad fan. Ugh. But I'm going to see Danny tomorrow so that makes me happy.
09:27 PM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
My hatred for you grows every day
10:04 PM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
kianacarly
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
A couple weeks ago I was standing in line at a show and someone came up to me and asked me a question about which line was the right one and I had no idea and my shyness/anxiety came through and I just froze up and didn't respond immediately and did kind of a half shrug thing in response, and they said "So you're a mute? Yeah? You're a mute who can't speak??? Awesome." but not even in a joking manner, just really rudely and confrontational, and I've been feeling bad about it ever since which sounds dumb but... here I am.
10:45 PM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
A couple weeks ago I was standing in line at a show and someone came up to me and asked me a question about which line was the right one and I had no idea and my shyness/anxiety came through and I just froze up and didn't respond immediately and did kind of a half shrug thing in response, and they said "So you're a mute? Yeah? You're a mute who can't speak??? Awesome." but not even in a joking manner, just really rudely and confrontational, and I've been feeling bad about it ever since which sounds dumb but... here I am.

Sounds like a jerk... I know exactly what you mean. Thankfully, people aren't usually so confrontational to me, but, yeah... I totally get looking back weeks and even months and feeling stupid about the way I responded to a social situation. I guess we should take comfort in knowing that most people don't think about it like we do?
11:38 PM on 04/15/14 
User Info.
kianacarly
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
Sounds like a jerk... I know exactly what you mean. Thankfully, people aren't usually so confrontational to me, but, yeah... I totally get looking back weeks and even months and feeling stupid about the way I responded to a social situation. I guess we should take comfort in knowing that most people don't think about it like we do?
Yeah my small comfort is that the other person probably forgets by the next day. I get you with thinking back at past social situations tho. Sometimes I even think back years to middle school or high school about social situations I should have done differently, lord.
05:21 AM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
shrathecat
Illinois
Female

Ugh I've been in similar situations, it sucks and most people just don't understand. I have an auditory problem that can cause me to have a delayed reaction and a lot of times people just don't have the patience for it and they'll be rude as hell because they think I'm being rude even though I'm not, I just have a "disability". Or if they do wait for me to respond then they always just have this look on their face or think I'm weird. Awkward people problems. :/
06:24 AM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
assasiNATE
Male - 23 Years Old
logged in to good 'ol facebook to see something i didn't want to see.
08:52 AM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 22 Years Old
at first I didn't expect to get much out of you reaching out to me, but I'm surprisingly looking forward to your texts. every time my phone vibrates and I get a message, my heart skips a beat.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets