Username
Password

01:36 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
OctoberOrigins
Jack
Omaha, NE
Male - 21 Years Old
I think it's getting old. Honestly, how many videos do we need to see of people getting buckets of water poured on them.

Then don't watch anymore of them?
03:14 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
I dont have the heart to tell my mom I lost my job
03:37 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
Southern California
Female
so your argument is based on the premise that people of a certain age wouldn't know who croatian amor is, let alone send him nudes, and i happen to be living proof that you're wrong. you're pathetic.

(did not send croatian amor nudes tho)
04:08 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
Croation Armor Nudes: The Every Time I Ty Story.
05:20 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
I think the "Ice bucket challenge" is stupid. "Must complete within 24hrs or donate $100"
how about no to either of them. If people want to donate, thats great! But they mustn't be 'forced' to because of some silly challenge
And the cynic in me begins...I just think there are better ways to declare you donated or to raise awareness than to simply waste a bucket of water.

Why couldn't it have been a different kind of challenge? Something more fun and creative. A sports/art/joke challenge or whatever. Or as this guy says in this comment in this article, if it has to involve water, why not do something like water a plant or give water to a food bank? http://lbpost.com/news/2000004218-ic...ent-1548274011
06:39 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
And the cynic in me begins...I just think there are better ways to declare you donated or to raise awareness than to simply waste a bucket of water.

Why couldn't it have been a different kind of challenge? Something more fun and creative. A sports/art/joke challenge or whatever. Or as this guy says in this comment in this article, if it has to involve water, why not do something like water a plant or give water to a food bank? http://lbpost.com/news/2000004218-ic...ent-1548274011

I'm so glad I'm not alone with this. Everyone is jumping down my throat because I refused 3 nominations. The same people who are dumping the water on their heads to GET OUT of donating money. And if I wanna donate to a cause, I'll donate to one that I feel strongly about. Not just one because I wanna follow a trend
07:49 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old

I don'tů. a pletora of them continue to appear on my news feed, then I also see articles about celebs doing the challenge.

I agree! What bothers me more when people do something to "raise awareness" is positing some stupidfuck photo telling people to "like" and "share" and if they don't, they don't have a heart; the ones that go "how many likes can this get." But I agree with you, instead of wasting water, do something different. Were in a major drought right now in CA, and people continue to waste water!! I like it when theres fundraisers such was 5K/10K walk/run fun runs for different causes. Why not someone create one or something similar for ALS? (or other).

I'm so glad I'm not alone with this. Everyone is jumping down my throat because I refused 3 nominations. The same people who are dumping the water on their heads to GET OUT of donating money. And if I wanna donate to a cause, I'll donate to one that I feel strongly about. Not just one because I wanna follow a trend

Agree!! People also shouldn't feel obligated to donate money for any cause. People should only donate because they want to, and for a cause of their choice. I'm the same way, if I want to donate money to a cause, I'll do it for one I feel strongly about too, one that has meaning to me. Not because of a silly "trend"
09:01 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
II agree! What bothers me more when people do something to "raise awareness" is positing some stupidfuck photo telling people to "like" and "share" and if they don't, they don't have a heart; the ones that go "how many likes can this get." But I agree with you, instead of wasting water, do something different. Were in a major drought right now in CA, and people continue to waste water!! I like it when theres fundraisers such was 5K/10K walk/run fun runs for different causes. Why not someone create one or something similar for ALS? (or other).
Yeah, the FB statuses are so much worse..."CLICK LIKE TO END THIS" - really? WTF? It's attention seeking actually. This video pretty much sums it up, I think you'll laugh at it.
09:53 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old

Some people are doing it near plants or somewhere they'd use the water anyway. Ben Schwartz did. I wish more people would tho.

edit: omg I thought these ice buckets posts were in the tiny annoying things thread and it's not. wtf
10:52 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Yeah, the FB statuses are so much worse..."CLICK LIKE TO END THIS" - really? WTF? It's attention seeking actually. This video pretty much sums it up, I think you'll laugh at it.

lol that is kinda funny
11:45 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
texan4lif281
Kyle, TX
Male

I'm not.
11:53 PM on 08/19/14 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
It really worries me that my girlfriend keeps making subtle remarks that basically add up to her thinking that us moving in together is a terrible idea that she's going to regret. Changing the lease from a year to 6 months without notifying me kind of stung really bad.
02:40 AM on 08/20/14 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
What leads one to want to become a gynecologist

edit: actually, any doctor. Horrific. Even for all that $$$ you couldn't get me to be all up in someone's rotting teeth or fungus feet.

edit 2: how come nobody can use the term 'shade' correctly anymore? People need to stop using it as a replacement word for 'insult.' That word does not mean what you think it means.
08:22 AM on 08/20/14 
User Info.
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
Lost my job and got an even better one within a week. Wouldn't say I'm blessed; just lucky

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos