Password
This Thread is Closed.

07:18 AM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Yes. I watch Dexter, Weeds, Breaking Bad.

This show is so worth watching.

I mean fuck man, if you watched like the last two seasons of Weeds, you owe it to yourself to watch Game of Thrones.

weeds has been fucking awful lately.

I think I'll nab the blu ray then. As for Weeds (I haven't seen season 7 yet) but I would honestly out season 6 near the top. I found it to be very refreshing and not at all typical for the show. Characters like Andy and Silas became much stronger in that season.

On topic, I heard that the ending for game of thrones season one is "unbelieveable" and will actually "make me mad". Keeping in mind what I've already watched in terms of series with big plot twists how do you think this supposed big plot twist in TGOT fares?
08:08 AM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
WardCity
AP Madden Hot Dog Eating Champ
On top of NFC WEST
Female - 24 Years Old
I think I'll nab the blu ray then. As for Weeds (I haven't seen season 7 yet) but I would honestly out season 6 near the top. I found it to be very refreshing and not at all typical for the show. Characters like Andy and Silas became much stronger in that season.

On topic, I heard that the ending for game of thrones season one is "unbelieveable" and will actually "make me mad". Keeping in mind what I've already watched in terms of series with big plot twists how do you think this supposed big plot twist in TGOT fares?

It won't make you mad, it's just a big twist that most shows aren't able to pull off.
08:22 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
Tempe
Male - 24 Years Old
For those of you who have watched this and read the books, how does the series compare?

Minor differences, either due to time or monetary restrictions. reading the books is well worth it however, you get to see what each of the characters are thinking. (For example, Sansa in season 1 is not HORRIBLE. However reading her thought process in the book, fuck her.)
08:50 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
CyberneticTiger
not annie's boobs :(
philly area
Male - 35 Years Old
Minor differences, either due to time or monetary restrictions. reading the books is well worth it however, you get to see what each of the characters are thinking. (For example, Sansa in season 1 is not HORRIBLE. However reading her thought process in the book, fuck her.)

Really? I mean I haven't read the book, but during season one all I kept thinking about Sansa is "fuck her". She come off completely selfish and obsessed with becoming Queen, even at the expense of her family.

Also, I have a strong feeling that Maisie Williams will get an supporting actress Emmy nod for her role as Arya this season, and Peter Dinklage will win again for supporting actor.
09:15 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 25 Years Old

Question: Which do you think would be better, watch the series before reading the books, or read the books and know whats coming? I keep going back and forth trying to decide which path I wanna take.
09:30 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
--------------------
Male
Question: Which do you think would be better, watch the series before reading the books, or read the books and know whats coming? I keep going back and forth trying to decide which path I wanna take.

For me, reading a book after I've seen the film version of it has always made the book so incredibly hard to get through.
09:33 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
For me, reading a book after I've seen the film version of it has always made the book so incredibly hard to get through.

I kinda got stuck halfway through Game of Thrones and read other books instead...so I kinda get that. But on the flip side, I really don't wanna know the twists...ugh...see, going back and forth.
10:17 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
mr. man
Male - 32 Years Old
I kinda got stuck halfway through Game of Thrones and read other books instead...so I kinda get that. But on the flip side, I really don't wanna know the twists...ugh...see, going back and forth.

To me they are must reads. I've read them all and season 1 wasn't ruined by knowing what happens. Just read them first...you won't regret it.
10:30 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
Tempe
Male - 24 Years Old

I watched the series first. I had a whole new respect for the story seeing what happened, and then reading what each character was thinking when they made their decisions.
10:56 PM on 03/17/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
thread here: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthre...ame+of+thrones

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music