Username
Password

08:09 PM on 10/09/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Eh. Not saying much. It was alright but the stuff with the older characters was pretty much bad.
08:24 PM on 10/09/14 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
But I wish it would! Now that I think about, I'm pretty happy about how Nolan ended his Batman series. Batman, older and somewhat weaker, fights one last villain, then he retires. People age, and I wouldn't mind comic movies addressing that more.

I didn't like that ending for Batman because the whole retiring thing doesn't seem like something he'd do. People can say what they want about Frank Miller, but the end of The Dark Knight Returns, where he fakes his death and essentially buries Bruce Wayne to live as only Batman feels more honest to the character than the movie's reversal of that.

As a general concept, though, I did like Nolan's willingness to go that route and would love to see it taken with other characters that it makes sense for. And characters where it doesn't make sense? Let them die and not come back (within the same continuity; eventual reboots are fine).

Makes more movies like Days of Future Past and I'm happy. Didn't expect much and it ended up being one of the most fun flicks this summer.

Eh, I'm in the minority that enjoyed DOFP less than ASM2, though I did think it was good. I'd probably rank it just below X2 and just above First Class. Even when Fox makes good movies, though (which I'd only give to the those three), it always feels like they don't know what they're doing and just kind of stumbled upon something that worked in spite of themselves.
09:31 PM on 10/09/14 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
I didn't like that ending for Batman because the whole retiring thing doesn't seem like something he'd do. People can say what they want about Frank Miller, but the end of The Dark Knight Returns, where he fakes his death and essentially buries Bruce Wayne to live as only Batman feels more honest to the character than the movie's reversal of that.

As a general concept, though, I did like Nolan's willingness to go that route and would love to see it taken with other characters that it makes sense for. And characters where it doesn't make sense? Let them die and not come back (within the same continuity; eventual reboots are fine).

Eh, I'm in the minority that enjoyed DOFP less than ASM2, though I did think it was good. I'd probably rank it just below X2 and just above First Class. Even when Fox makes good movies, though (which I'd only give to the those three), it always feels like they don't know what they're doing and just kind of stumbled upon something that worked in spite of themselves.

I need to say Days again but I remember putting it near or slightly above X2 which I adore. Then First Class falls after that. Still think that one is pretty overrated.
09:38 PM on 10/09/14 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
You don't make a movie like DoFP work if you don't know what you're doing.
10:43 PM on 10/09/14 
User Info.
Adrian Villagomez
My Little Runaway
Austin, TX
Male - 29 Years Old

Completely disagree about it not being something Bruce would do. Maybe in most comics it doesn't make much sense, but Nolan's Bruce just wasn't as driven to be Batman. He did it out of necessity (which is why he really wanted Dent to replace him as a crimefighting figurehead). So once he saw an exit and a chance for happiness, he took it.

Best comparison I can think of: in Batman: The Animated Series the voice Bruce Wayne uses is fake and breezy. His real voice is his Batman voice. Nolan's Batman puts on a fake Batman voice. His real voice is Bruce Wayne.

DC hasn't done a bad job in the comics of having new characters taking on old mantles, and that'd work on the screen. See: Green Lantern and the Flash, two of their biggest heroes. Marvel is more hesitant to swap out big name characters, I think.
05:18 AM on 10/10/14 
User Info.
birdman
Don't hold your breath
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Little off topic. I was thinking about that scene in the Raimi Spiderman 2 when the garbage man goes to Jameson to sell him the Spiderman suit he found in the garbage. Jameson offers him $50, the garbage man rebuffs that he could get more for that on ebay, so Jameson offers him $100 and a bar of soap.

This scene always annoyed me, because I would imagine that Spiderman's suit would be worth millions and millions of dollars.
05:32 AM on 10/10/14 
User Info.
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
Philippines
Male
I really doubt they're rebooting Spider-Man again, considering the uproar from the last reboot. The way I see it, if the numbers continue to be bad for this iteration, Sony will still cling on to it regardless until the rights are bought from them.
10:55 AM on 10/12/14 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
Completely disagree about it not being something Bruce would do. Maybe in most comics it doesn't make much sense, but Nolan's Bruce just wasn't as driven to be Batman. He did it out of necessity (which is why he really wanted Dent to replace him as a crimefighting figurehead). So once he saw an exit and a chance for happiness, he took it.

Best comparison I can think of: in Batman: The Animated Series the voice Bruce Wayne uses is fake and breezy. His real voice is his Batman voice. Nolan's Batman puts on a fake Batman voice. His real voice is Bruce Wayne.

DC hasn't done a bad job in the comics of having new characters taking on old mantles, and that'd work on the screen. See: Green Lantern and the Flash, two of their biggest heroes. Marvel is more hesitant to swap out big name characters, I think.

Have you ever listened to Kevin Conroy talk? His Bruce Wayne voice is pretty much his regular voice.
10:58 AM on 10/12/14 
User Info.
Adrian Villagomez
My Little Runaway
Austin, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
Have you ever listened to Kevin Conroy talk? His Bruce Wayne voice is pretty much his regular voice.
Yes.
11:33 AM on 10/12/14 
User Info.
Greg
He didn't say Kevin Conroy, he said Batman and Bruce Wayne. Get it?
03:04 PM on 10/12/14 
User Info.
moonlightwolf
No Avatar Selected
Male - 29 Years Old
I think Electro wasn't a very good villain. He just wasn't threatening enoguh. The plot and romantic elements were crowded and just a bit bizarre. Overall it was mediocre.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos