AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:48 AM on 10/02/12 
User Info.
secularplague
Male - 32 Years Old
Facebook ads can also bring lots of new supporters to your band, as it is possible to target people that like punk rock or a particular band.
03:53 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
PopPunkHero
No Avatar Selected
Male - 27 Years Old
Youtube is how I am beginning with marketing myself, but I'm still learning anyway. I know you want a better answer than that but if you get a vid that goes semi viral of a current popular song then it could lead to good things. Hope that helps

Shameless plug

09:49 PM on 10/12/12 
User Info.
TimmyVilgiate
No Avatar Selected
Woodland Park, CO
Male
Get about a hundred different people to go Christmas caroling through your city...walk into the gas station and ask if you can play a show there...try to get permission to open up for a movie...these are all things me and some other people are doing, i think it depends on the community, but I think creating community, overall, is maybe the best way to effectively promote. The christmas caroling idea is maybe my favorite one so far. My town has 7000 people, and the idea of 100 or so people marching through the streets singing and playing instruments really appeals to me. Who knows. We could get a bunch of people to do it in different cities, and end up promoting all of us, safely securing our collective place in the Psychotic Christmas Spirt Hall of Fame.
01:21 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
VerminInVinyl
No Avatar Selected
Edmonton, Alberta,...
Male
This is sorta new to me, but I signed my band up for it last night and i'm feeling really optimistic about getting featured.
Essentially the pirate bay is allowing bands to send in submissions to be on the front page of their massively popular website free of charge. All they ask is that you have free music available or at least streaming. Heres a link to get set up with that: http://thepiratebay.se/promo

Also: Heres my band Vermin In Vinyl's new EP. It's a Punk Rock/Ska/Experimental sorta deal so check it out :) http://vermininvinyl.bandcamp.com/

As well, simply having awesome album art can be enough to bring people to listen to your music. We get more compliments almost on the album art of our EP. :P
06:55 PM on 10/14/12 
User Info.
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Las Vegas, NV
Female - 21 Years Old
Play For Keeps has been one of my favorite local bands from Las Vegas for a while. I've noticed that recently they've been posting covers of popular songs on YouTube, and it seems to be working for them. They also have played at Bite of Las Vegas and had their music played on the radio. Just spread your name and your music as much as you can, and people will discover you.
06:16 AM on 10/15/12 
User Info.
lixiegone13
No Avatar Selected
Male - 35 Years Old
Edited out
07:58 AM on 10/22/12 
User Info.
OCoyleRules
Cleveland, OH
Male - 23 Years Old
Play a lot of shows but don't over do it, use social media vechicles (facebook, twitter, tumblr, instagram, etc), link your band in facebook posts, record a song and put it up, ask some more popular bands what they've done to get a solid fan base, hand out flyers/demos IN PERSON at shows/malls/around school; that way people can put a face to the music and through word of mouth tell other people about your music and their experience meeting you, do video updates of what your band is in the works of doing (recording music, upcoming shows, tours) and MAKE IT FUNNY!
02:09 AM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
KWeekend
San Jose California
Male
Play a lot of shows but don't over do it, use social media vechicles (facebook, twitter, tumblr, instagram, etc), link your band in facebook posts, record a song and put it up, ask some more popular bands what they've done to get a solid fan base, hand out flyers/demos IN PERSON at shows/malls/around school; that way people can put a face to the music and through word of mouth tell other people about your music and their experience meeting you, do video updates of what your band is in the works of doing (recording music, upcoming shows, tours) and MAKE IT FUNNY!

This couldn't have been said better but dont get discouraged if somebody rejects you or hates on your band. No matter what happens, just keep pushing your music out there.
10:53 PM on 11/11/12 
User Info.
PLKCeric
Eric Navarro
Baltimore
Male - 28 Years Old
I'd recommend burning hundred of CDs and getting download cards and handing them out at shows featuring bands within your genre (since the people there are people who like that music and attend shows). I would recommend doing this though until you've been together a while and have a really good product (the music) to give out.
07:22 AM on 11/16/12 
User Info.
holdngcaulfield
Holding Caulfield
Trenton, NJ
Male - 23 Years Old
Bandcamp is good so is twitter, facebook, tumblr is a good one also. But the best advice is play as many shows a possible
01:54 PM on 11/22/12 
User Info.
revhartle
Professional Idiot Teenager
No Avatar Selected
Connecticut
Male - 19 Years Old
I walk around showing everyone who likes any kind of music close to the kind my band plays and have them listen to one of our songs.

I also just get really shameless, and plug my band whenever I can (Get our debut EP for free at wekilledtheking.bandcamp.com)
01:19 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
honestkyle
HonestKyle
Canfield, OH
Male
Probably the best things you can do is play more shows and create an e-mail list.

I have a website (in signature line) that adds people to my e-mail list when they download some of my tracks for free.

It allows me to keep in constant contact with them and they hear about shows and band news first, even before my social networks.

Plus, I can tempt them to buy my albums with members-only promotions like 50% off and such that I only offer through email. It's part of my sales funnel.

And then when I play shows, I give away a free CD to anyone who signs up to the email list which means... more emails and more chances to sell to them.
10:31 AM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
sflesch
Toronto, On
Male - 19 Years Old
Ive found youtube is a huge help! My band made a pop turned rock cover and put our facebook page in the decription, wouldnt believe how many people checked us out with that. Here's the video if youre interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrtVCzld6AQ

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos