Username
Password

01:07 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
Illinois
Male - 23 Years Old
Boring to the general public. I haven't heard someone get excited about a Jake Shields fight in a long, long time.

Who wasn't excited for Shields/Maia? I feel like that was one of the more anticipated non-main events of the year. Granted, it didn't satisfy. But everyone loved the grappling showdown aspect.
01:08 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
xkj1985x
PLEASE DON'T GET SWEPT!
Seattle
Male - 29 Years Old
I'm in the party that just could not get up for a fight involving Jake Shields in quite some time.
03:30 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Rented World
Toronto, ON
Male - 25 Years Old
Who wasn't excited for Shields/Maia? I feel like that was one of the more anticipated non-main events of the year. Granted, it didn't satisfy. But everyone loved the grappling showdown aspect.
You're kind of missing the point. Hardcore MMA fans were excited for that fight from a grappling standpoint, not casuals. Casuals (specifically the "just bleed" type of fans fans, who unfortunately make up a good percentage of the UFC's fan base) couldn't care less about Jake Shields.

Too expensive, not an entertaining fighter, losing to (and I guess winning, also) top competition in very underwhelming fashion. Recipe for a pink slip.
06:58 AM on 04/14/14 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
Tyrone Spong broke his leg at Glory this past saturday, similar to Silva.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/12...in-at-glory-15
03:45 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Rented World
Toronto, ON
Male - 25 Years Old
^ Spong break was nasty. Love watching that guy fight. Hope the injury doesn't hinder his career too much going forward.

In other news, wow. KJ Noons just flattened Sam Stout in 30 seconds. First KO loss of Stout's career.
05:58 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
2's&3's
deep in thoug...
While there's no such thing as a sure thing, I don't know how anyone can truly believe Teixeira will beat Jones. Rogan going over the top and saying this is Jones' biggest threat is a joke. And yeah, I understand it's a promo, but you can only say that shit so many times before you lose your credibility.

Also, heavily rooting for Bisping. Possibly the first and last time I ever say that.
06:09 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
xkj1985x
PLEASE DON'T GET SWEPT!
Seattle
Male - 29 Years Old
I can never ever root for Bisping. Ever.
06:28 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
Illinois
Male - 23 Years Old
I too will be rooting for Bisping for the first and last time tonight.
11:10 PM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Rented World
Toronto, ON
Male - 25 Years Old
Kennedy did what he had to do, but what a horribly boring performance. How many times did he get mount and accomplish absolutely nothing?
05:49 AM on 04/17/14 
User Info.
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
Illinois
Male - 23 Years Old
I didn't watch the fight but was not surprised that the one time I was actually rooting for Bisping, that dingle berry loses.

Kennedy strikes me as a guy like Clay Guida whose sole means of entertainment will be getting beaten up en route to his otherwise boring decision victories.
04:45 PM on 04/17/14 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Rented World
Toronto, ON
Male - 25 Years Old
I didn't watch the fight but was not surprised that the one time I was actually rooting for Bisping, that dingle berry loses.

Kennedy strikes me as a guy like Clay Guida whose sole means of entertainment will be getting beaten up en route to his otherwise boring decision victories.

That's a pretty fair assessment, although I will say Guida's recent fight with Kawajiri was pretty entertaining to watch.
03:02 AM on 04/20/14 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 24 Years Old
Not suggesting that these fights SHOULD happen or anything because none of them really make sense at the moment, but some things I'd like to see after Werdum's domination of Browne are…

Werdum vs. JDS 2
Werdum vs. Overeem 3
Browne vs. Overeem 2
Browne vs. Bigfoot 2
Browne vs. Big Country

Of course Fabricio is fighting Cain next, but I'd still like to see those rematches down the line. A Browne/Bigfoot rematch would make sense, especially considering the first fight ended (partially) because Browne injured his knee during the fight. Maybe something like Browne/Mir would make sense, too.
08:59 AM on 04/20/14 
User Info.
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
Illinois
Male - 23 Years Old
Werdum looked awesome as usual. I think the whole "getting rocked" in the first round was a bit overblown. It looked more like slipping and then getting caught in a bad position to me.
09:02 AM on 04/20/14 
User Info.
cvs24
Jersey Born & Raised
Northern NJ
Male - 21 Years Old
So good to see the essential transformation of Fabricio Werdum, he looked awesome last night. And Cowboy Cerrone's wild finish was sweet too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets