AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Jody Has a Hitlist - Jody Has a Hitlist EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.25
Musicianship 6.5
Lyrics 7.75
Production 8
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 7.5
Reviewer Tilt 7.5
Final Verdict: 75%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Jody Has a Hitlist - Jody Has a Hitlist EP

Reviewed by: more heart (05/06/09)
Jody Has a Hitlist - Jody Has a Hitlist
Record Label: None
Release Date: 2009

Who?

A three song EP from a pop punk band hailing from the Emerald Isle, Ireland.

How is it?

Three songs certainly aren't enough to make much of an impression, but Jody Has a Hitlist do their best to overcome that setback. In order to make a lasting impression, Jody Has a Hitlist present their listeners with a fairly memorable release in terms of hooks. None of the other two songs are nearly as catchy as the closer, "Just Over A Year." While Jody Has a Hitlist aren't breaking any new ground lyrically, they at least inject wittiness into their lyrics. The vocals are another strong point. McAlister doesn't sound exactly like every other singer in the genre. He has a surprisingly powerful voice that reminds me quite a bit of School Boy Humor.

While the EP isn't overly impressive, it certainly does an excellent job giving the band something to draw in potential fans with. I would keep a close eye on this band. Jody Has a Hitlist certainly have the foundation to build upon, and with a longer release, they could really begin to grab the attention of plenty of listeners.

Recommended If You LikeEvery Avenue; School Boy Humor; Secret Lives! of the Freemasons; You Me At Six; bands from Ireland not named U2

Check out Jody Has a Hitlist on Myspace

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6.
08:52 AM on 05/21/09
So-Crates
Registered Member
User Info.
Nice review man! Didn't know about these local guys,I definately have to check them out now.
02:49 PM on 05/21/09
Hockeytown
User Info.
Nobody's Thinking About You is EXTREMELY catchy imo. It's the best song on the EP.
01:59 PM on 06/02/09
Emmzy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well its not really fair to say 3 songs isnt enough, they literally just formed the band, haha. But they are really great, probably because they were all members of other great bands before this, but now I think they have great potential to go far, and I hope they do! Good Luck lads, hope everything goes well =)
07:36 AM on 06/06/09
mrmooby23
User Info.
padraig has an amazing voice, loved him in steer clear and hes even better here, I see a positive view for this band, they truly are amazing, especially to say they havn't bn together loing at all.
03:29 PM on 12/30/11
Irishbands
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Such a good ep
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives