AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:47 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
plyb
true progress
Male - 25 Years Old
I don't think people disagree with that; rather, sex should be used (ideally) as an expression of love.
08:49 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
perceptrons
[ ]
I don't think people disagree with that; rather, sex should be used (ideally) as an expression of love.
Why?
07:25 AM on 05/03/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male - 28 Years Old

Nobody equated the two...
04:43 PM on 05/04/12 
User Info.
DoB420
RockoutWithurcawkout
Watsonville, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
I think people should keep their beliefs to themselves. Unless explicitly asked to share by another person. There's nothing worse then someone who tries to push their shit on you.
05:20 PM on 05/04/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old

Just finished watching this a few minutes ago, Hitchens and Fry make all the sense here.
05:42 AM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male - 28 Years Old
12:29 PM on 05/09/12 
User Info.
Keri
Today while I was waiting in line, a man proceeded to ask me if I know I am going to be saved. It caught me completely off-guard but I told him no. He figured out I don't believe in anything. He kept talking to me while I was paying and I had to ask him to stop talking to me. Not going to lie, I was slightly perturbed.

I am not a confrontational atheist, and out of habit I generally don't tell people I'm a non-believer. But if I were to actively go out and talk to people about my (lack of) beliefs, it wouldn't be acceptable. This is not news to me. However, I don't bother others, so don't bother me. You respect me, and I'll respect you. And I know that not all religious people act as that man did.

I just wanted to pay my car tax!
02:00 AM on 05/10/12 
User Info.
skiridian
[colors]
I'm definitely a confrontational atheist. Well, agnostic really. I think it's the end result of having Catholicism drilled into my head for 18 years.
02:04 AM on 05/10/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old

Perfect.
04:43 AM on 05/10/12 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
I think whether you're Christian or Atheist you can appreciate this
06:18 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
slamblasters
Can someone explain to me why in an age where we have the capability to basically see or find out anything and everything that's going on in the world, that nothing divine or supernatural like anything in the Bible has happened except for holy faces on potato chips?
07:15 AM on 05/22/12 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
That's because they're thousands of years old stories to either explain phenomenon that we now understand or to just get a point across/give some insight to the beliefs of the people who wrote them.
09:50 AM on 05/22/12 
User Info.
Brokenhill
Something less than intended
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 22 Years Old
Can someone explain to me why in an age where we have the capability to basically see or find out anything and everything that's going on in the world, that nothing divine or supernatural like anything in the Bible has happened except for holy faces on potato chips?

Because God's original intent (post-Eden) was to have his religious law carried out and passed on continually by the people. Like He would have direct contact with an individual or use a few individuals to prove His existence and power, yet after that was solidified to the rest of the people it was their job to continue respecting God and His law AND to make sure their children would believe and follow the law.

If you look at the big picture, God only directly intervenes (to our knowledge, at least) very rarely. It's not until Israel led themselves astray where he would raise prophets to attempt to correct them.
There was even a period of about 400 years (between the 2 covenants) where God didn't intervene at all, yet Jews still held fast to the promise made 1100 years prior even though they had not seen themselves the power of God. They believed in the writings and oral traditions of their society.

When Jesus (among others, obviously) came into the picture after that, He established our current moral law using the power of the Spirit to prove himself (including essentially raising himself from the dead, something that had never been done before, which is referenced in the text in the light of that if eye-witness testimony of the resurrection isn't enough to persuade someone, then nothing else will [see the story of "The Rich Man and Lazarus"]). So from that, it was the chosen apostles as well as the other disciples sent out (some who were directly given the Holy Spirit to perform miraculous things still by Jesus) job to continue spreading the Gospel (beyond the extents of Israel, now), verbally sharing and/or formally recording their eye-witness testimonies and other surrounding information for the rest of man-kind to believe.

Once those ones who had the Spirit to use died, their was no need for God to intervene any longer.

Quote:
Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." [John 20:29]
02:07 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
flinttongue
Just A Fucked Up Kid
California
Male - 17 Years Old
I am against organized religion and conservative religion. I am also against strict anti-religion criticism. I support liberal religion. I believe various(not all obviously) religions were created on a legitimate basis by unexplainable reasons. I acknowledge that religious texts have been edited over the years. I do not believe in deities. I believe in a greater, unexplainable power that we will never know what it truly is. I am spiritual to a limited extent. I am an Unitarian Universalist that is also an Atheistic Agnostic, Positive Agnostic and Spiritualist.
08:26 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
Dicebox
magnificentdefeat.bandcam p.com
Cebu, Philippines
Male - 24 Years Old
I am against organized religion and conservative religion. I am also against strict anti-religion criticism. I support liberal religion. I believe various(not all obviously) religions were created on a legitimate basis by unexplainable reasons. I acknowledge that religious texts have been edited over the years. I do not believe in deities. I believe in a greater, unexplainable power that we will never know what it truly is. I am spiritual to a limited extent. I am an Unitarian Universalist that is also an Atheistic Agnostic, Positive Agnostic and Spiritualist.

Do you mind explaining this a little bit? Like what difference between conservative and liberal religion makes liberal religion acceptable? Also I'd be curious to read what religions you think were not created on a legitimate basis.

And you would say, "I do not believe that any deities exist and I believe it is impossible to know any exist, however I believe in a transcendent power."?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets