AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

04:44 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
perceptrons
[ ]
I really don't understand what you're saying. Would you like to make up a single definition of god and hold everyone to it? You don't seem like the militant atheist, straw man god type.
I'm saying god, as I understand it means to you, boils down to a personal/mental construct that has no greater effect on the world outside of that construct's effect on you and its expression through your actions in the world.

Note: I don't mean that in a negative/belittling manner.
06:12 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
I'm saying god, as I understand it means to you, boils down to a personal/mental construct that has no greater effect on the world outside of that construct's effect on you and its expression through your actions in the world.

Note: I don't mean that in a negative/belittling manner.

Yeah, fair enough.
12:47 PM on 02/02/13 
User Info.
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
No Avatar Selected
With all the baggage that religions carry, why is that that atheists — who are bound by nothing more than a lack of belief in deities — are among the most stigmatized and negatively portrayed groups?
04:18 PM on 02/02/13 
User Info.
bung
Peel slowly and see
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 27 Years Old
With all the baggage that religions carry, why is that that atheists — who are bound by nothing more than a lack of belief in deities — are among the most stigmatized and negatively portrayed groups?

Many people still think that morality is dictated by, or can only be followed properly in reference to, God. And because people generally don't care for people who they see as different than themselves.
07:06 AM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
-
Connecticut
Male
10:31 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
crope
No Avatar Selected

words of wisdom
07:16 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
Dicebox
magnificentdefeat.bandcam p.com
Cebu, Philippines
Male - 25 Years Old
Only if all they're doing is crediting God for making them win. Which in my experience that wouldn't necessarily be true. There are a lot of other things you can thank God for: opportunity, strength, discipline, talents, family, and probably most commonly would be the give the fame or attention away from themselves and back to God. But then again, I know just as much about what goes on inside an football player's head as Neil deGrasse Tyson.
04:47 AM on 02/11/13 
User Info.
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
Duluth, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Pope Benedict XVI to resign, first to do so in last 600 years
08:09 AM on 02/11/13 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
This one's outta here
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Crazy. I remember seeing him be announced.
08:43 AM on 02/11/13 
User Info.
Esrb99
The Pertinacious Papist
Rolla, Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
Such a humble man. Here's to hoping his successor will continue to bring the church back to tradition.
09:28 AM on 02/11/13 
User Info.
incognitojones
www.dopeshithappens.com
I have a sitcom/movie/sketch ideas about the Pope being succeeded by a young hot shot priest who has a lot to prove, but really just wants to have fun and party to the point where he gets kicked out of being Pope. But then totally turns the church around and everyone loves him.
09:43 AM on 02/11/13 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 22 Years Old
So weird that he's stepping down. I'm sure there's a scandal of some sort that's brewing and he was forced to resign. I mean, 2000 years of popes have essentially served til death, this makes no sense.

Anyways, he sucks. Hope the next Pope is more progressive.
10:04 AM on 02/11/13 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
This one's outta here
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Or he has health problems, like dementia or advanced cancer, that will prevent him from doing his job.
10:12 AM on 02/11/13 
User Info.
incognitojones
www.dopeshithappens.com
Its definitely the second one.
12:55 PM on 02/11/13 
User Info.
Esrb99
The Pertinacious Papist
Rolla, Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
So weird that he's stepping down. I'm sure there's a scandal of some sort that's brewing and he was forced to resign. I mean, 2000 years of popes have essentially served til death, this makes no sense.

Anyways, he sucks. Hope the next Pope is more progressive.

More than one pope has stepped down in history, he has said since he assumed the papacy that he felt if he was too old he'd resign, the sex scandal was perpetuated by the 'progressive' bishops.

Anything else?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version