Username
Password

01:30 PM on 05/15/09 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
The responses in here have been amazing.

I wonder what people's views on Buddhism are.
I made a thread on that awhile back that had some decent back and forths. You were in there I think.
01:38 PM on 05/15/09 
User Info.
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
I say end this thread. It's a duplicate of what's already going on in the "who believes in god thread", which is almost ready to overtake the general politics thread in activity.
01:38 PM on 05/15/09 
User Info.
Animalhill
Registered Member
Philly
Male - 26 Years Old
I'll look into this, it is something I would probably enjoy.
Its amazing man- changed the way that the world hit my face.
08:46 PM on 05/16/09 
User Info.
Bruised26
always.move.fast.
Here is my view. Religion works for some people, doesnt work for others. I think it is just a personal preference, and if its not for you, thats totally fine. I'm not gonna shove my religion down your throat and force you to read the Bible if you don't want to.

I am a 'Christian', by the way.
10:30 PM on 05/16/09 
User Info.
vodyanoj
..og jeg lŠnges ud i alle mine dage
Portland OR
Male
Here is my view. Religion works for some people, doesnt work for others. I think it is just a personal preference, and if its not for you, thats totally fine. I'm not gonna shove my religion down your throat and force you to read the Bible if you don't want to.

I am a 'Christian', by the way.

But that is assumed, period. Those who *do* shove their religion down others' throats are taken out and shot. However, that is not what the argument is all about. Is your religion the correct one?
11:47 PM on 05/16/09 
User Info.
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
Useless and redundant thread is useless and redundant.
11:53 PM on 05/16/09 
User Info.
The Personist
http://davidwpritchard.tumblr.co m
Male - 26 Years Old
YOUR FACE IS REDUNDANT

x
11:57 PM on 05/16/09 
User Info.
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
Aw Snap.
12:04 AM on 05/17/09 
User Info.
The Personist
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah? YEAH!? what now. Bring it. I will smite you.
12:58 AM on 05/17/09 
User Info.
Bruised26
always.move.fast.
But that is assumed, period. Those who *do* shove their religion down others' throats are taken out and shot. However, that is not what the argument is all about. Is your religion the correct one?

I believe it is, but people of other religions believe theirs is. So me saying I believe mine is the correct one won't do anything.
When you say "But that is assumed, period", are you saying that I am going to make people follow my religion???

I think most people on this website who arent christians just think we are all insane homeschooled missionaries who hate everyone who isnt christian and dont accept them.
06:42 AM on 05/17/09 
User Info.
The Personist
Male - 26 Years Old
I believe it is, but people of other religions believe theirs is. So me saying I believe mine is the correct one won't do anything.
When you say "But that is assumed, period", are you saying that I am going to make people follow my religion???

I think most people on this website who arent christians just think we are all insane homeschooled missionaries who hate everyone who isnt christian and dont accept them.

This.
08:26 AM on 05/17/09 
User Info.
SLOWPOKE LOPEZ
whats the sense in choosing a religion if you don't think its correct?
10:08 AM on 05/17/09 
User Info.
vodyanoj
Portland OR
Male
whats the sense in choosing a religion if you don't think its correct?

The majority of people do not "choose"; they simply follow a religion that they grew up following, with minor variations and statistically insignificant changes.
10:10 AM on 05/17/09 
User Info.
vodyanoj
Portland OR
Male

I know quite a few very intelligent Christians; however their theology is far from orthodox.

I do not know, nor am aware of, a single intelligent fundamentalist, regardless of specific persuasion of belief.
02:26 PM on 05/17/09 
User Info.
The Personist
Male - 26 Years Old
Traditional orthodox theology is the biggest straw man this argument has seen.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos