Password

Album Review

Taking Back Sunday - New Again Album Cover

Taking Back Sunday - New Again

Reviewed by
Taking Back Sunday - New Again
Record Label: Warner Brothers
Release Date: June 2, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from HopeInLove. You can see all of HopeInLove's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
10:22 PM on 06/01/09
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
good review of a disappointing album
three good songs (sink into me, everything must go, carpathia)
and eight disappointing ones
i don't want to be oh fred is gone the band sucks now but it's kinda true
the lyrics aren't as good, song writing isn't as good
those facts lead me to believe that fred was a major part of what made this band good, hopefully they'll get more use to writing together and their next cd will be better
05:20 AM on 06/02/09
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
not so stoked to hear this now, not out until friday here in australia, i had high hopes after hearing 'sink into me'

then again i was never a huge a fan as most of their first two albums, apart from a few tracks'
06:04 AM on 06/02/09
HBK42581
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"After the first listen, nothing really stood out to me, except the fact that the band I was hearing sounded nothing like Taking Back Sunday. Where are the dual vocals? Where are the clever lyrics? Where are the good melodies? What about charm and emotion? This record seems to lack every one of these qualities, consistently. Not only that, but most of the tracks on New Again sound generic and forced. There have been Taking Back Sunday songs that I have not liked, but some of the songs on New Again I actually hate, and it takes a lot for me to say that I "hate" a song from one of my favorite bands. Then again, is this band really still Taking Back Sunday? It certainly isn't the Taking Back Sunday I remember."

When are you friggin' people going to learn and admit that this band hasn't been the same since JOHN NOLAN left. Fred was a poor Nolan imitation. I gave up on these guys a LONG time ago. Your poor review of the newest album does not surprise me at all. TBS hasn't been relevant in like 5 years.
08:41 AM on 06/02/09
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
The review itself is a lot harsher than the score. I wish more people would write reviews based on comparisons to Louder Now than to a 7 year old record with a different lineup. Seriously, does every U2 review list the reasons why the record at hand is not as good as Joshua Tree?
09:16 AM on 06/02/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The review itself is a lot harsher than the score. I wish more people would write reviews based on comparisons to Louder Now than to a 7 year old record with a different lineup. Seriously, does every U2 review list the reasons why the record at hand is not as good as Joshua Tree?
I totally agree with you.

I don't think New Again is that bad, but I just don't want to listen to it. Miss old TBS
09:22 AM on 06/02/09
simensays
User Info.
thats my rating btw. nuff said
10:56 AM on 06/02/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Your RIYL are some of my favorite albums. Good call.
01:00 PM on 06/02/09
Noah Fawkes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is the album that I consider as the album of the year so far. Low scores and harsh reviews about New Again in this website isn't exactly surprising.
01:13 PM on 06/02/09
Noah Fawkes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good review. I pretty much agree with what you said except the only song I like is Everything Must Go. Hopefully they disband after this shitfest bombs
And I hope your favorite band disbands. How would you like that? I don't agree with this review, I don't agree with all the hating going around this website and most of all, I can't understand for the life of me why people who clearly aren't into this band - or aren't anymore - wishing the demise of this band. This is better than the precious Tell All Your Friends that everyone around here praises, and I wish I could thank this band personally for actually growing up instead of trying to stay writing teenage emo ballads, dumbing down their songs to please the most of people that hang around here.
01:43 PM on 06/02/09
doppelganger
katy song
User Info.
good review. i would put all the subscores lower, especially creativity. lasting value is like 1 for me as well. horrible album.
01:49 PM on 06/02/09
alexa_ATL
Pretty eyed, pirate smile
User Info.
And I hope your favorite band disbands. How would you like that? I don't agree with this review, I don't agree with all the hating going around this website and most of all, I can't understand for the life of me why people who clearly aren't into this band - or aren't anymore - wishing the demise of this band. This is better than the precious Tell All Your Friends that everyone around here praises, and I wish I could thank this band personally for actually growing up instead of trying to stay writing teenage emo ballads, dumbing down their songs to please the most of people that hang around here.
uhh this is better than Tell All Your Friends?

and no offense to your opinion but...
02:21 PM on 06/02/09
Noah Fawkes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I won't enter in an arguing about the hate that goes on in this website when it comes to this band again. Been there, done that. People with a brain that actually enjoy this band's music are capable of seeing this on themselves.

And stuck your tiny emoticon finger where it belongs, sir.
07:41 AM on 06/05/09
roisterboy
roisterboy
User Info.
"New Again" is a mediocre song? Whatever dude.
01:40 PM on 06/05/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.

As far as the review you nailed the reasons why it's such a disappointment here:

Quote:
Where are the dual vocals? Where are the clever lyrics? Where are the good melodies? What about charm and emotion? This record seems to lack every one of these qualities, consistently

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos