Password

Album Review

Oceana - Birth Eater Album Cover

Oceana - Birth Eater

Reviewed by
Oceana - Birth Eater
Record Label: Rise Records
Release Date: May 26, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from Cheesus. You can see all of Cheesus's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
10:37 AM on 06/08/09
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
Great review. I submitted my review for this, it should be up soon. I said a lot of the same, but I sing the praises (much) higher. This is easily one of my favorites of 2009
10:46 AM on 06/08/09
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
Great review. I submitted my review for this, it should be up soon. I said a lot of the same, but I sing the praises (much) higher. This is easily one of my favorites of 2009
Thanks man, appreciate that. Honestly, I absolutely love this album as well and fully agree, its one of the best 09' albums yet. I look forward to reading your review
10:47 AM on 06/08/09
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
Thanks man, appreciate that. Honestly, I absolutely love this album as well and fully agree, its one of the best 09' albums yet. I look forward to reading your review
Yeah, to be honest, the only thing that really changes in mine are the scores, which are all higher. I think I scored it above 90% haha
11:10 AM on 06/08/09
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
Yeah, to be honest, the only thing that really changes in mine are the scores, which are all higher. I think I scored it above 90% haha
haha yea, I definitely tried to take that in to consideration. I mean anything thats 90% and above will probably classify as one of my favorite albums of all time. This album is amazing but definitely not an all time favorite...yet
01:23 PM on 06/08/09
shimmyshakes
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree. I absolutely love this album and is one of my favorites of '09 so far.
I hope Oceana starts getting the credit they deserve,
instead of people just judging them because they're on Rise.
01:30 PM on 06/08/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
Yeah, I'll be typing one up for this as well. Good review, though you seemed to discount The Tide a bit more than I do.
03:14 PM on 06/08/09
jfork
User Info.
Musically this album sucks so so so so so so so so so so so so so so bad. Lyrically it's amazing.
03:18 PM on 06/08/09
Kyleisraddd
I win.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like this album, but it needs more of The Tide in it. That is all.
04:08 PM on 06/08/09
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
I agree. I absolutely love this album and is one of my favorites of '09 so far.
I hope Oceana starts getting the credit they deserve,
instead of people just judging them because they're on Rise.

For sure man. Rise does have good artists you just have to look below the surface.

Yeah, I'll be typing one up for this as well. Good review, though you seemed to discount The Tide a bit more than I do.

Thanks. The tide was really good but for some reason it never hit me like this album did. Personal preference I guess.
06:29 PM on 06/08/09
livingalive626
remember, remember...
User Info.
spot-on review. i pre-ordered this album and have been listening to it constantly. def a step up from The Tide, though i love it as well.
06:36 PM on 06/08/09
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
spot-on review. i pre-ordered this album and have been listening to it constantly. def a step up from The Tide, though i love it as well.
Thanks so much bro. Such a great replay value
09:26 PM on 06/08/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Good review. Well focussed. But I have to disagree with you about the whole debut album thing, a lot of people were anticipating this album.

Nonetheless; great review.
09:28 PM on 06/08/09
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
so, in a few days, we should be up to 3 reviews for this abum on the site. I love it.
12:54 AM on 06/09/09
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
Good review. Well focussed. But I have to disagree with you about the whole debut album thing, a lot of people were anticipating this album.

Nonetheless; great review.
Well as far as I could tell from browsing the internet, there were alot of "scenester" fans who couldn't seem to comprehend the depth of this album and simply wrote it off as trash. Not to say that The Tide wasn't "deep" in its own way but not nearly on this caliber.

And thanks a bunch man

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version