Password

Album Review

Taking Back Sunday - New Again Album Cover

Taking Back Sunday - New Again

Reviewed by
Taking Back Sunday - New Again
Record Label: Warner Bros.
Release Date: June 2nd, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from kamikaze_alex. You can see all of kamikaze_alex's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
07:32 PM on 06/14/09
doppelganger
katy song
User Info.
the review awkwardly worded and had some run-on sentences at parts - especially the 2nd paragraph. im not trying to be a dick, just saying.

head club and ghost man on third are probably the songs that have the longest lasting value for me from TAYF.

i really don't like this album after several listens. everything must go is easily the best song. you gave an insanely high score imo. the fact that you gave lasting value the highest subscore (besides reviewer tilt) baffles me.
08:52 AM on 06/15/09
Noah Fawkes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first really good review I've seen about this album in absolutepunk. I totally get what you mean. I wish that I could rate the album here or on any of ap.net's New Again reviews, but oddly I can rate any album but this one. Pretty pretty odd, I'd say. I've seen your review in your blog before, it seems that you did some revisions on it and I think it's pretty much spot on. It reflects what a lot of people think about New Again, even if some people wish otherwise. Congrats for speaking for us.

Since I can't rate it, here it goes my ratings:
Vocals 9.75
Musicianship 10
Lyrics 9.75
Production 9.5
Creativity 9.75
Lasting Value 10
Reviewer Tilt 10
Final Verdict: 98%
08:59 AM on 06/16/09
Rickaly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is an amazing album!
09:41 PM on 06/16/09
Cliff Diver
Uncle Jesse
User Info.
This album sucks.

Sorry.
09:42 PM on 06/16/09
Cliff Diver
Uncle Jesse
User Info.
Since I can't rate it, here it goes my ratings:
Vocals 9.75
Musicianship 10
Lyrics 9.75
Production 9.5
Creativity 9.75
Lasting Value 10
Reviewer Tilt 10
Final Verdict: 98%

Deaf?
01:57 PM on 06/17/09
mcrmy09
User Info.
This is TBS's best album yet. Hands down.
02:51 PM on 06/17/09
Noah Fawkes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good musical tastes, that's all.
09:49 PM on 06/19/09
kamikaze_alex
like a boss
User Info.
The first really good review I've seen about this album in absolutepunk. I totally get what you mean. I wish that I could rate the album here or on any of ap.net's New Again reviews, but oddly I can rate any album but this one. Pretty pretty odd, I'd say. I've seen your review in your blog before, it seems that you did some revisions on it and I think it's pretty much spot on. It reflects what a lot of people think about New Again, even if some people wish otherwise. Congrats for speaking for us.

Thanks. Out of curiosity, was it in a blog on this website? Cause I don't remember ever posting this in a blog here...

the review awkwardly worded and had some run-on sentences at parts - especially the 2nd paragraph. im not trying to be a dick, just saying.

head club and ghost man on third are probably the songs that have the longest lasting value for me from TAYF.

i really don't like this album after several listens. everything must go is easily the best song. you gave an insanely high score imo. the fact that you gave lasting value the highest subscore (besides reviewer tilt) baffles me.

I'm just a biased TBS fan i guess. I'm still listening to this non-stop, and I grabbed the leak that appeared about 2 weeks before release, so there's tons of lasting value for me, personally.
05:35 PM on 08/02/09
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
I really like this album.... but I don't really think it deserves an 89.
I'd give it a 70 t0 80. But still, the different take on this album is refreshing on this site
12:46 PM on 08/04/09
bodinemonkey
you'll never give what you get.
User Info.
surprised to see a good review of this album on this site. love this album. good review.
10:49 AM on 11/07/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Great review. I also love this album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT