Username
Password

05:03 AM on 07/31/09 
User Info.
SamuelJLast
What's Yahoo Screen?
Ipswich, UK
Male - 28 Years Old
Australia 202-7, 2nd day lunch. England have been bowling fantastically.

Edit : 203-8, took a wicket right before lunch. 77-7 in the morning session. I'm lovin' it.
09:46 PM on 07/31/09 
User Info.
Pawan1993
Change isn't the same as progress
Auburn, NSW
Male
Hey guys. Who reckons England will win the match?
I reckon they have a chance but Aussies have a habit for coming back out of the blue.
Anyway England are 116/2 and trail by 147. I reckon it'll be a lead of around 100-200 unless someone from Australia steps up. Good piece of action.

Edit: And the pitch is looking rather flat as well as the rain threatening the game but with moisture there could be swing and we all saw what Anderson did with some of that.
03:43 AM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
Simo FS
Fightstar / Charlie
Verified
I don't think we'll get a result. We're in quite good form though.
04:03 AM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
Wesley. Melbourne
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm still slightly confused as to how Phil Hughes could get dropped
05:12 AM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
SamuelJLast
What's Yahoo Screen?
Ipswich, UK
Male - 28 Years Old
If the weather stays like this it'll end up a draw.

I'm still slightly confused as to how Phil Hughs could get dropped

Because the England bowlers found him out, even the Northampton bowlers in the 3 day match last week got him out for 20ish. I don't see him getting back in on this tour after Twitter-gate.
05:17 AM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
Broden Terry
Wesley. Melbourne
Male - 23 Years Old
If the weather stays like this it'll end up a draw.

Because the England bowlers found him out, even the Northampton bowlers in the 3 day match last week got him out for 20ish. I don't see him getting back in on this tour after Twitter-gate.

He has a few technical issues at the moment, but I'm confident that he can overcome them and be a strong contender for selection in the remaining two tests. I also think Stuart Clark should have been included in the side. He's our most consistent bowler. Our selections so far this series have been puzzling to say the least.
05:19 AM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
Simo FS
Fightstar / Charlie
Verified
Hughes is a really good, young batsman. He's just struggling with the short ball at the moment. I saw him perform against South Africa. He can be a very dangerous player once he gets settled.
06:52 AM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
SamuelJLast
What's Yahoo Screen?
Ipswich, UK
Male - 28 Years Old
He's only 20, so its not the end of the world that's he's not in this test, or maybe th remaining ones. I think the pressure of playing in England for the Ashes may have gotten to him. I expect him to be lethal in the future, unfortunately for England.

Clark should have replaced Johnson for this test at least. Johnson is another one who will hurt England in the future, but his form has completely disappeared. Which I guess is a good thing for us
07:46 AM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
SamuelJLast
What's Yahoo Screen?
Ipswich, UK
Male - 28 Years Old
Day 3 has been rained off completely. Looks like it's heading for a draw.
06:20 PM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
AussieBoy
Bondi Beach, Sydney
Male
Goooooo Rain!!!!
06:22 PM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
AussieBoy
Bondi Beach, Sydney
Male
Hughes is a really good, young batsman. He's just struggling with the short ball at the moment. I saw him perform against South Africa. He can be a very dangerous player once he gets settled.

its probably good for him too, we all know he's gonna be back in the team eventually, same with M.Clarke, did him wonders when he got dropped in the 05 Ashes, came back from it a much better player.. plus fan of Watson (and his missus!)

how good is it that its raining, saving a arses big time, gotta love those English summers! we're struggling big time
08:59 PM on 08/01/09 
User Info.
Pawan1993
Auburn, NSW
Male
I'm still slightly confused as to how Phil Hughes could get dropped

First of all you should be confused. He is twice the opener Watson will ever be,
I hate it when players do well for one match and then the critics call them the best new find.
Watson done good in opening one dayers but not tests.
Look at his first class record, not a single score above 20 as opener.
Watson is a good all rounder not an opener.

Edit: Oh and I'm predicting this match to be the draw and the series to go 2-1 England's way.
03:44 AM on 08/02/09 
User Info.
Broden Terry
Wesley. Melbourne
Male - 23 Years Old
It's so important that we get our selections right for the next two tests. Clark, Lee and Hughes would all have to be chances. I'm just unsure of who the selectors would drop.
04:14 AM on 08/02/09 
User Info.
AsianPunker
Insignificant Other
Perth
Male - 29 Years Old
I would prefer they put Clark in before Lee. I can't believe Hussey's excuse last week about not seeing the ball early enough cause his head has on the wrong angle. Obviously whatever he tried made it worse.
04:48 AM on 08/02/09 
User Info.
Pawan1993
Auburn, NSW
Male
Yeah the selectors need it right and no offence but the Aussies always come up with lame excuses.
In Cardiff they blamed the "dirty" tactics and while Hauritz said he'd do it if he was in the same scenario the others continued their blame.
Only a handful of Australians don't have much arrogance/ego.
To win though, words won't change anything. They need the seletcors to get rid of maybe Siddle and bring in either Clark or Lee.
Johnson's too good a bowler to kick out, but the Aussies need their batsmen to click. Anyway they got Strauss, so there's the backbone gone but there's still alot of bowling left.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos