Username
Password
News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

Into Twelve Towns. Over It.

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (07/17/09)
Into It. Over It. will be releasing a 7" series entitled Twelve Towns. The records will collectively feature twelve songs about twelve towns he has visited. Each limited edition album will feature guest spots and be released on a different label. The first of these will feature Bob Nanna (Braid, Hey Mercedes) and Lauren Lo and will be released Evil Weevil Records in October. More information can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
09:34 PM on 07/17/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Informationso i've started my new project. it's to be called "Twelve Towns". it will be twelve songs sharing experiences/anecdotes taking place in twelve towns i've visited recently.

these songs will be spread through a series of split 7" records that will be released featuring different close friends as bands and record labels. they will all be limited to 200 (or less) copies and will be available at shows, from both bands and their cooresponding labels.

are you confused yet?

i'll be announcing these releases gradually, but the first 7" will be with Bob Nanna & Lauren Lo and will be released on Evil Weevil Records sometime in October. everyone involved is STOKED.

anyway -- i appreciate all of the ongoing support. the cd is out and is doing very well. the shows have been a lot of fun and i'm trying to play as many as can. i'll be adding august dates this week and trying to post some touring plans for the fall.

THANKS!
09:35 PM on 07/17/09
liar23
Yo
User Info.
No little picture?
09:40 PM on 07/17/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
No little picture?
Haha I was just going through them trying to find an appropriate one, since there isn't one for the band nor the label nor any of Nanna's bands... How about recording?
09:42 PM on 07/17/09
liar23
Yo
User Info.
Haha I was just going through them trying to find an appropriate one, since there isn't one for the band nor the label nor any of Nanna's bands... How about recording?
ahhh I see. I just found it funny to see no little picture there haha.
10:20 PM on 07/17/09
1.8Nate
AP.net Justice League Member
User Info.
So stoked for this, Evan is a great musician.
01:17 AM on 07/18/09
Vermont
User Info.
This reminds me to buy 52 songs. Anyone know how substantial the difference is between the CD version and the original mp3 version? I downloaded them as they came out... but fuck it, I'm gonna buy it anyway. Hope some of the more rushed songs were fleshed out though.
02:41 AM on 07/18/09
boysandbulletsx
Just jammin' on the glockenspiel
User Info.
This sounds really exciting!
07:44 AM on 07/18/09
kemichels
I drove through ghosts to get here.
User Info.
Seeing him tomorrow...Pretty excited about it.
08:52 AM on 07/18/09
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
This reminds me to buy 52 songs. Anyone know how substantial the difference is between the CD version and the original mp3 version? I downloaded them as they came out... but fuck it, I'm gonna buy it anyway. Hope some of the more rushed songs were fleshed out though.
The songs on the double-disc set were apparently remixed and remastered. I haven't really heard any of these MP3s, but the packaging is pretty nice too, since it comes with full, legit liner notes with recording dates and lyrics for all the songs. If you liked the songs originally it's probably worth picking up. It's like the best rarities collection Piebald never put out.
12:36 PM on 07/18/09
kickstandnabeel
Nabeel Shaikh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
all the other bands are going to be sweet.
06:00 PM on 07/18/09
thespearkid
Take Care.
User Info.
sounds like a really cool project.
09:11 PM on 07/18/09
veryEmergency
mountain smashers
User Info.
We'll be doing a split with Evan for this series:
By Surprise | www.myspace.com/bysurpriserock

-Rob Wilcox
10:20 PM on 07/18/09
evanthomas
User Info.
rob -- no spoilers.

also -- the cd and mp3's sound WORLDS different.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests