AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

The Holy Fire - In The Name Of The World Album Cover

The Holy Fire - In The Name Of The World

Reviewed by
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
The Holy Fire - In The Name Of The World EP
Release Date: February 21, 2006
Record Label: The Militia Group

Sick of the dying scene in Detroit, Sean Hoen (vocals, guitar), Nick Marko (drums), and Nathan Miller (bass) developed an artistic connection to one another and began the indie rock outfit known as The Holy Fire. With one EP already under their belt, The Holy Fire signed to The Militia Group in early 2006 and have released their second EP, titled In The Name Of The World. This 6 track EP glides and soars throughout your ears to create a riveting sound, which has drawn comparisons to Sunny Day Real Estate, British Sea Power, and early Jimmy Eat World.

The EP begins with “Raised On Planes,” a catchy rocker that blends Hoen’s vocals and guitar beautifully with the rhythm of Marko and Miller. “Dreams To Spend” brings the tempo down a notch, filling our ears with a chilly song, complete with passion and melody. “Bombs In The Distance II” echoes of early U2 throughout the track, while “We’re Not Here To Learn” is a fast tune that features intense vocals from Hoen and stimulating drumming from Marko; definitely one of the more fun tracks on this EP. The EP closes out with “Hate Your Smile,” which features guitar work reminiscent of Jimmy Eat World. This track finishes this EP on a rocking note.

The Militia Group has one of the most diverse and solid lineups in the scene today. With the addition of The Holy Fire, this lineup is only getting better. A passionate mix of paranoia-dipped hooks, physical drumming, and sonically sound bass work, The Holy Fire has brought upon us one of the better EP’s of 2006. In The Name Of The World is a solid EP that you just put on and rock out to. If you are a fan of indie rock, then don’t overlook this EP and this band.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
06:39 PM on 03/07/06
Ryan Imhof
Registered Member
User Info.
I love this EP. Very very good.
08:45 PM on 03/07/06
JOJOFACE
Awesomer
User Info.
I've been meaning to pick this CD up. :) Now I will for sure.
11:52 AM on 03/08/06
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
i am interested now

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT