AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

You Vandal - 02.10.09

Interviewed by: Linda Ferreira (07/19/09)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer.

YOU VANDAL - (Joe, bassist) [myspace] [ap.net profile]

1. How did you get your band name?
It's a Saves The Day song off of their best album, Through Being Cool.

2. How did this band get started?
We officially got started in early November 2007. I (Joe) posted a thread on a local scene forum (slocala.com) looking to find people interested in doing a pop-punk band. Surprisingly it only took a few days to recruit a line-up and have our first practice. Three months later we played our first show and did our first east coast tour shortly thereafter.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

There are far too many to mention, but a few you might find in that list would be Blink 182, NFG, The Movielife, and Saves The Day.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Blink 182. Why would you not want to tour with them?

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A bear. The biggest scariest bear ever. I mean, would you fuck with a bear?

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We play music we love and give 110% while doing it. Hopefully people love it as much as we do and take a listen. Preferably repeated listenings.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?

Probably our song Second Chance State. I think we would be more stoked to have a song on one of those games than on the radio. As far as its difficulty it should be the hardest song in the game so you have to listen to it over and over till you can sing along at one of our show.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We would have all our myspace friends message us their name upon our nomination, and proceed to thank each of them individually until they physically removed us from the podium. The people supporting you online and at shows deserve all the thanks for anything we achieve.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I really don't know what I would change. I know that it may be time to lower the sale rates that determine gold, platinum, and diamond sales status now that gold is regularly perceived as the new platinum by many industry insiders.

10. Memorable tour experience?
The most memorable tour experience we have is staying at a house in Maryland that was featured on ABC's Extreme Home Make Over. It was like being in an episode of cribs. Ellie was at our show that night in Oxford, PA and heard we were looking for a place to stay and exchanged info with us so we could get in touch after the show. It was literally the most awesome house we had ever been in. Thanks again to Ellie and The Luther family!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is like our CNN. We use it for information on new bands and cool things going on in the scene, and the industry. I personally think it is a major driving force in determining a lot of bands success. Getting your name on the front of AP is kind of a big deal. We love everything about the site really.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

I think we would all agree on the song "Patrick". We haven't released it yet, but live it has a lot of energy behind it. It's about a friend of Eric's (singer) that passed away so he really brings out the emotion when we play it. When your frontman is taking it up a notch for a song that is important to him it makes you up it a notch as well. So overall the energy level and feeling gets a lot more intense for that one, making it the best part of the set.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
In a van on a highway in between show "a" and show "b". Touring is the best vacation ever, no matter where you are.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Anything from the 1990's. Especially Korn, lol.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

I would love to have the ability to time travel so im going with the nipples of the future power that Really Really Big Man has from Rocko's Modern Life. Just because its cheaper than the upkeep a Delorian would require.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I think we are on the right track, and we have the potential to do so as long as we stay focused on our goals. I don't think we will ever be able to say we made it till we live in a van and sail the concrete seas full time.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

We always sell our shirts and other merch at our shows for no more than $5. We can sing "Break Stuff" by Limpbizkit word for word.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas of course. There is just a good feeling everywhere during the holiday season.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Alex and Brett (guitarists) are big into ATVs. Mine (Joe) is graphic design, I'm a photoshop junkie.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I am an excellent cook and Jesse (drums) does an amazing electric slide. The others are good at hiding theirs cause I have no clue what their talents are.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10.
12:41 PM on 07/19/09
-ben
Finally here.
User Info.
I started reading because of the band name, I continued because of the guy's general attitude, and now I'm listening to their band. I like this feature a lot.
04:32 PM on 07/19/09
JoeJealousy
YOU VANDAL / Joe
User Info.
I started reading because of the band name, I continued because of the guy's general attitude, and now I'm listening to their band. I like this feature a lot.
thanks
05:42 PM on 07/19/09
himynameisjohn3
her eyes were blue her hair was too
User Info.
they have some good songs.
08:31 PM on 07/19/09
turbosloth
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These guys are AWESOME and cool dudes. My Band played with them in Georgia, and we chilled at our singers "lake shack"after the show.Its great to see damn good pop punk alive.I'd love to play with them again, and I'll go see them even if Im not playing.Great Stuff!
05:28 AM on 07/20/09
joebucci
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Saw these guys Friday night in Tampa FL. I was very impressed. Their music was great and they did a cover of Better Off Dead that was really good.
10:41 AM on 07/20/09
toddc
life is for the living
User Info.
get them to turn your shit up in the recordings! hah. solid music, my friend. you're playing at neptunes, soon? I had no idea people played there still. I might have to check it out. (I'm from Clearwater)
12:23 PM on 07/20/09
JoeJealousy
YOU VANDAL / Joe
User Info.
get them to turn your shit up in the recordings! hah. solid music, my friend. you're playing at neptunes, soon? I had no idea people played there still. I might have to check it out. (I'm from Clearwater)
awesome! hope you can make it out to Neptunes on Sept 18th it would be awesome to meet you :)
01:50 PM on 07/20/09
Truman122
Gandhi On Ice
User Info.
"It's a Saves The Day song off of their best album, Through Being Cool."

Word yo.
11:40 AM on 07/29/09
genroxbro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think this is false.
___________________________________ __
Website I designed for pay day loans in canada company.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests