AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:56 AM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
i'll kick myself if it turns out to be a good fight....but i'm thinking it will be as boring as a pac fight is possible of being.

it'd be in a sad financial state for sure, but there are plenty of good fighters out there.

you dont think manny is fun to watch??

sure, hes been fighting garbage fighters as of late but you cant ignore how fun he is to watch.

and of course there are good fighters but none with star power.

which is why ill always have some respect for floyd.
06:58 AM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
you dont think manny is fun to watch??

sure, hes been fighting garbage fighters as of late but you cant ignore how fun he is to watch.

and of course there are good fighters but none with star power.

which is why ill always have some respect for floyd.

oh he's fun to watch, which is why i said the mosely fight will be as boring as a pac fight is possible of being, instead of as always.

fuck floyd.

he's consistently ducked manny with bullshit testing demands, denying that negotiations took place, and (if the latest reports are to believed) purposely pricing himself out of a possible fight......and the his last few fights while against big names, were either against fighters on the decline or guys he considerably outsized. that said, i can't deny that he's got skills.
07:04 AM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
oh he's fun to watch, which is why i said the mosely fight will be as boring as a pac fight is possible of being, instead of as always.

fuck floyd.

he's consistently ducked manny with bullshit testing demands, denying that negotiations took place, and (if the latest reports are to believed) purposely pricing himself out of a possible fight......and the his last few fights while against big names, were either against fighters on the decline or guys he considerably outsized. that said, i can't deny that he's got skills.

ha i love how you said all the shit then ended with, i cant deny that hes got skills.

soooo true.

i just wish there were better personalities in boxing.

why cant we have more roy jones' in the world?
12:59 PM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
ha i love how you said all the shit then ended with, i cant deny that hes got skills.

soooo true.

i just wish there were better personalities in boxing.

why cant we have more roy jones' in the world?

he's a dumb, shallow, ducking, shit talking, douche bag......but he's a talented dumb, shallow, ducking, shit talking, douche bag.

jones is alright (but he really ought to retire), but i'd like to see another muhammad ali....a guy who can say/do something controversial and say/do it intelligently, fight all comers, talk mad shit, then actually back it.
01:16 PM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
he's a dumb, shallow, ducking, shit talking, douche bag......but he's a talented dumb, shallow, ducking, shit talking, douche bag.

jones is alright (but he really ought to retire), but i'd like to see another muhammad ali....a guy who can say/do something controversial and say/do it intelligently, fight all comers, talk mad shit, then actually back it.

whaaaaat. jones is alright??

before he got put in his place by antonio tarver he was untouchable.

if i could figure out how to post videos of jones from my macbook on here i would.

dude had great showmanship.

and obviously we all wish we could have another muhammad ali...
01:22 PM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
whaaaaat. jones is alright??

before he got put in his place by antonio tarver he was untouchable.

if i could figure out how to post videos of jones from my macbook on here i would.

dude had great showmanship.

and obviously we all wish we could have another muhammad ali...

i meant personality wise. he was undoubtably the best fighter in the world for nearly a decade.
01:37 PM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
i meant personality wise. he was undoubtably the best fighter in the world for nearly a decade.

you thought his personality was alright?

am i interpreting you correctly?
04:31 PM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
joeag1985
┴tha ═
Male - 29 Years Old
Raging Bull.. what a film.
04:32 PM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
Raging Bull.. what a film.

i still have yet to see that movie.

i know, i know...
04:34 PM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
joeag1985
┴tha ═
Male - 29 Years Old
i still have yet to see that movie.

i know, i know...

Get on that. Pronto. Best sports film of all time.
08:39 PM on 03/25/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
you thought his personality was alright?

am i interpreting you correctly?

yeah.
07:36 PM on 03/26/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
anyone watching tonights gamboa fight?

edit:wow. gamboa is really coming into his own now....he may be the next pacquiao (who took several more rounds get rid of solis). totally dominating performance.

gamboa vs. juanma could be a classic
09:04 AM on 03/27/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks

anyone watching tonights gamboa fight?

edit:wow. gamboa is really coming into his own now....he may be the next pacquiao (who took several more rounds get rid of solis). totally dominating performance.

gamboa vs. juanma could be a classic

i couldnt find any videos showcasing his personality. but, i just liked his braggadocio and swag. wish there were more personalities in boxing.

dont know too much about gamboa. was it a good fight??

juanma is crazy good. if hes anything like juanma count me in.
09:11 AM on 03/27/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male

i couldnt find any videos showcasing his personality. but, i just liked his braggadocio and swag. wish there were more personalities in boxing.

dont know too much about gamboa. was it a good fight??

juanma is crazy good. if hes anything like juanma count me in.

jones at the top of his game was just ridiculous.....but he was also kinda taking boxing for granted a lot of the time (wasting time trying to get into the nba and what have you) which kinda pissed me off a little.

it was a complete and utter destruction of a very good fighter. 5 knockdowns in 4 rounds.

i think rafael marquez might have beaten juanma if he wasn't for that hairline fracture in his shoulder that made it impossible to continue and the ref giving juanma almost a full minute to recover from a knockdown in the 4th round. if i had to make a bet right now i'd go with gamboa knocking out lopez in less then 8.
09:34 AM on 03/27/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
jones at the top of his game was just ridiculous.....but he was also kinda taking boxing for granted a lot of the time (wasting time trying to get into the nba and what have you) which kinda pissed me off a little.

it was a complete and utter destruction of a very good fighter. 5 knockdowns in 4 rounds.

i think rafael marquez might have beaten juanma if he wasn't for that hairline fracture in his shoulder that made it impossible to continue and the ref giving juanma almost a full minute to recover from a knockdown in the 4th round. if i had to make a bet right now i'd go with gamboa knocking out lopez in less then 8.

he definitely took it for granted. which is why he got his ass kicked by tarver.

damn. im reading about the fight right now. and my fault, i definitely know who gamboa is. i immediately recognized his first name. memory lapse i guess. ha.

yeah i read about that marquez/juanma fight. marquez is clearly an animal fighting with that injury.

what about donaire moving up to face gamboa?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos