AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:38 AM on 03/27/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
jones at the top of his game was just ridiculous.....but he was also kinda taking boxing for granted a lot of the time (wasting time trying to get into the nba and what have you) which kinda pissed me off a little.

it was a complete and utter destruction of a very good fighter. 5 knockdowns in 4 rounds.

i think rafael marquez might have beaten juanma if he wasn't for that hairline fracture in his shoulder that made it impossible to continue and the ref giving juanma almost a full minute to recover from a knockdown in the 4th round. if i had to make a bet right now i'd go with gamboa knocking out lopez in less then 8.

read down to the part about the comparisons between gamboa and pacquiao.

interesting...
08:50 AM on 03/27/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
he definitely took it for granted. which is why he got his ass kicked by tarver.

damn. im reading about the fight right now. and my fault, i definitely know who gamboa is. i immediately recognized his first name. memory lapse i guess. ha.

yeah i read about that marquez/juanma fight. marquez is clearly an animal fighting with that injury.

what about donaire moving up to face gamboa?
i think jones got his ass kicked because he slowed down just a tiny fraction.....and for a fighter that did so many things the wrong way but could get away with it because of his formerly inhuman speed that is a big problem.

donaire is an awesome counter puncher, while gamboa is one of the fastest punchers.

on paper it sounds interesting, but my instincts tell me it would be a snooze-fest with donaire being afraid to be the aggressor and gamboa being afraid of getting caught with counters......i'd certainly watch it though.

read down to the part about the comparisons between gamboa and pacquiao.

interesting...

yeah, i think i mentioned gamboa could be the next manny earlier.
10:11 AM on 03/27/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
i think jones got his ass kicked because he slowed down just a tiny fraction.....and for a fighter that did so many things the wrong way but could get away with it because of his formerly inhuman speed that is a big problem.

donaire is an awesome counter puncher, while gamboa is one of the fastest punchers.

on paper it sounds interesting, but my instincts tell me it would be a snooze-fest with donaire being afraid to be the aggressor and gamboa being afraid of getting caught with counters......i'd certainly watch it though.

yeah, i think i mentioned gamboa could be the next manny earlier.

slowed down? hmm maybe. i think he just got blindsided (quite literally) and wasnt prepared for tarver.

styles make fights so hopefully it would be an entertaining fight.
03:59 PM on 03/27/11 
User Info.
MIKEY_HORROR
Hoods nvr stop, thy jst take breaks
"330"
Male - 31 Years Old
I am quickly turning into a Gamboa fan. :)
03:43 AM on 03/29/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
I am quickly turning into a Gamboa fan. :)

me too.

02:23 PM on 04/06/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
thoughts??

02:32 PM on 04/06/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
morales/maidana - if im not mistaken morales hasnt been too impressive in his comeback fights. maidana is bad, bad man. hopefully morales doesnt get hurt.

guerrero/katsidis - i dont really follow these fighters but i hear it should be an entertaining fight.

james kirkland - he was scary before he went to prison and seems even scarier now that hes out.

06:48 PM on 04/07/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
i'm picking maidana, guerrero, and kirkland to win.

katsidis has a chance since he's got a lot of heart and a good punch, but i think guerrero is the better fighter.
07:19 PM on 04/07/11 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Anyone been playing Fight Night Champion? Klitschko bros are way too good in the game.
07:31 PM on 04/07/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
Anyone been playing Fight Night Champion? Klitschko bros are way too good in the game.

haven't played it yet, but to be fair, they have pretty much dominated the heavyweight division for the last decade or so.
08:00 PM on 04/07/11 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
haven't played it yet, but to be fair, they have pretty much dominated the heavyweight division for the last decade or so.

Haha I understand but when Wladimir is dominating Jack Dempsey in the game you figure that something might be wrong.
08:37 PM on 04/07/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
Haha I understand but when Wladimir is dominating Jack Dempsey in the game you figure that something might be wrong.

dempsey was pretty small compared to wladimir.....i'm sure he'd get knocked out.
07:41 AM on 04/08/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks

360 or PS3??

and any boxer with excessive reach kinda has an unfair advantage in the game imo.

i suppose its realistic to real life but i wish there were better ways to slip punches.
12:25 PM on 04/08/11 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I have it for PS3. Yeah it is realistic and I am able to get some good shots in once in a while but it's just way too hard to land that shot without getting countered with a combo. In short, Fuck the Klitschko Bros. haha
07:21 PM on 04/08/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums