rematch.

05:45 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
i'm not totally comfortable about cotto/margarito II. both are past their primes and they're going to probably take alot of punishment for little, to no career advancement.....but i may end up ordering it despite myself.

this is a pretty good article that covers some of my misgivings about the fight.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ishment-enough
06:36 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
excellent article.

he made solid points about the brutality of the sport.

that being said both fighters are getting paid over seven figures for this fight.

if that isnt career advancement i dont know what is.
07:34 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
they've both made that kind of money before, but i doubt if either fighter is going to be near the top of their division much longer....some would argue that they aren't already.
07:51 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 26 Years Old
i'm not totally comfortable about cotto/margarito II. both are past their primes and they're going to probably take alot of punishment for little, to no career advancement.....but i may end up ordering it despite myself.

this is a pretty good article that covers some of my misgivings about the fight.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ishment-enough

I don't think the fight should even happen. I think Margarito should have been banned for life. Cotto was never the same boxer after his loss to Margarito, I feel safe assuming he was wrapping with plaster in that fight as well.
07:55 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 26 Years Old
excellent article.

he made solid points about the brutality of the sport.

that being said both fighters are getting paid over seven figures for this fight.

if that isnt career advancement i dont know what is.

I slightly retract my previous post. I don't think Margarito should be able to make that much but I'm all for Cotto getting that pay day.
08:15 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
I slightly retract my previous post. I don't think Margarito should be able to make that much but I'm all for Cotto getting that pay day.

oh definitely.

margarito is essentially getting rewarded for his misdeeds with the payday of this fight.
05:01 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks

really hoping for an emotional fight.
09:35 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
for those who dont have access to cable/pay per view the fight can be purchased for online streaming.

ive done it in the past and the quality is great.
12:33 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
heavyweight "championship" fights are about to start featuring alexander povetkin and robert helenius.

i'm streaming them off here......you gotta sign up for a free 14 day trial though.

http://www.epixhd.com/povetkin-helenius/

from what i've seen robert helenius could be the next legit champ, or at least the first serious challenger to the klitchkos in a long while.
12:37 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
I don't think the fight should even happen. I think Margarito should have been banned for life. Cotto was never the same boxer after his loss to Margarito, I feel safe assuming he was wrapping with plaster in that fight as well.

yeah, i kinda feel that way also....but i can't help thinking it'll be a great action fight. it's rare for me to feel so conflicted about a bout.

i remember a guy who loaded his gloves back in the early 80's getting a lot of jail time and a lifetime ban. his trainer was banned for life also......i think the other guy's career was ended, and he died sometime shortly afterwards (drunk driving i think), so it was a more serious situation.

here's a more in depth article about that if you're curious.
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=15195&more=1
12:57 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 23 Years Old
Has the Margarito/Cotto PPV started? What time is the main event expected to be on?
01:00 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
nah, that's gonna start in 5 hours.

it's impossible to say when the main event will start, as it depends on the undercards.

early ko's mean an earlier main event, and fights going to the scorecards mean a later one. they've actually got some pretty decent undercard bouts for this ppv that you might want to check out.

edit:helenius/chisora is turning out to be a really good fight.

edit:wow, what a bullshit split decision. helenius was clearly outworked for pretty much the entire fight, and maybe won 4 of the 12 rounds but was gifted the hometown win.

there better be a rematch......outside of finland.

guy says he broke his right hand in the first, but i still take back what i said about helenius possibly being a threat to the klitchkos....at least at this point. dudes defense needs a lot of work.
03:39 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
almost time!
03:47 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
everyones predictions?

ive got cotto with a 12 round UD.

too lazy (and uninformed) to do undercards.

i will pick rios with a KO in six rounds doe.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets