AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:21 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
wolak/rodriguez fight is pretty entertaining.

smh at hand wrap issues already.
09:39 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
holy shit murray is one tough dude.

love rios.
09:45 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
yeah murray took a real beatdown. glad they stopped it when they did.

so far, so good on my predictions (minus the timing of the rios ko anyways).

i need to start betting decent amounts of money on fights.
09:52 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
yeah, i kinda feel that way also....but i can't help thinking it'll be a great action fight. it's rare for me to feel so conflicted about a bout.

i remember a guy who loaded his gloves back in the early 80's getting a lot of jail time and a lifetime ban. his trainer was banned for life also......i think the other guy's career was ended, and he died sometime shortly afterwards (drunk driving i think), so it was a more serious situation.

here's a more in depth article about that if you're curious.
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=15195&more=1

I've seen a documentary on this fight. Wild stuff.
10:02 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
How have the undercards been? Just got home in time for the cotto fight.
10:18 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
Ugh, I don't know if Cotto is going to make it out alive.
10:33 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
man.....what the fuck is cotto thinking coming in with the exact same strategy that got him knocked out the last time?

i thought he'd come in and use the strategy mosely did and throw big punches and make margarito back up since he can't fight going backwards.

edit:......maybe the old strategy will work now, since margarito's gloves definitely aren't loaded this time around.
10:51 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
i don't know if agree with that stoppage.

it seemed to me like margarito was starting to catch up to cotto, and was making cotto expend a lot of energy before the championship rounds.....just like the first fight.

margarito's eye was starting to look pretty bad though.

How have the undercards been? Just got home in time for the cotto fight.

the first was a snoozer, the second was alright, and the third was a brutal thrashing.
11:07 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old

it seemed to me like margarito was starting to catch up to cotto, and was making cotto expend a lot of energy before the championship rounds.....just like the first fight.

the first was a snoozer, the second was alright, and the third was a brutal thrashing.

I didn't get to see anything past the 5th round. Sounds like an anticlimatic ending.
11:14 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
I didn't get to see anything past the 5th round. Sounds like an anticlimatic ending.

yeah, it was....but i can't get to pissed off about it without feeling like a bloodthirsty barbarian since margarito's right eye was swollen almost completely shut from the 7th round on.

still can't help but wonder what the last few rounds would have brought about though.
11:21 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
yeah, it was....but i can't get to pissed off about it without feeling like a bloodthirsty barbarian since margarito's eye was swollen almost completely shut from the 7th round on.

still can't help but wonder what the last few rounds would have brought about though.

I didn't have the best stream quality going but it looked like Cotto was getting destroyed but then after the round it would show replays of Cotto just straight destroying Margaritos face so I never had a feel for that fight. Glad Cotto got the victory either way.
11:30 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
I didn't have the best stream quality going but it looked like Cotto was getting destroyed but then after the round it would show replays of Cotto just straight destroying Margaritos face so I never had a feel for that fight. Glad Cotto got the victory either way.

yeah, i'm happy that cotto got his revenge, and aside from a (debatably) early stoppage it was a good fight.

cotto also looked better then he has since the last margarito fight. perhaps he's still got it....if pac/mayweather doesn't materialize (again) cotto should get a fight against one of them.
11:31 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks

margarito had NO chance of beating cotto at the point of the stoppage.

he couldnt catch cotto with a clean shot for the whole fight.

granted cotto was pretty much running away round after round.

but still his strategy to stick and move was implemented well.

so glad cotto won.
11:36 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
yeah, i'm happy that cotto got his revenge, and aside from a (debatably) early stoppage it was a good fight.

cotto also looked better then he has since the last margarito fight. perhaps he's still got it....if pac/mayweather doesn't materialize (again) cotto should get a fight against one of them.

The Pacquiao Cotto fight was boring as shit and I'd bet Mayweather wouldn't be too interested in that fight either. I'm still pissed that Paul Williams had to get glass jawed by Sergio Martinez.
11:48 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
margarito had NO chance of beating cotto at the point of the stoppage.

he couldnt catch cotto with a clean shot for the whole fight.

granted cotto was pretty much running away round after round.

but still his strategy to stick and move was implemented well.

so glad cotto won.

no chance? it was very similar to the first fight in terms of strategy, punches landed, and percentage of punches landed.

i think margarito was coming on and won the last round. margarito did most of his damage in the 10th and 11th rounds after making cotto expend so much energy early in the first fight, and it was starting to look like that was also going to repeat itself, so i wouldn't say he didn't have a chance of scoring a ko.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos