Password

11:51 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
The Pacquiao Cotto fight was boring as shit and I'd bet Mayweather wouldn't be too interested in that fight either. I'm still pissed that Paul Williams had to get glass jawed by Sergio Martinez.

cotto gave as good as he got for the first few rounds in that fight, but he faded terribly after that.

williams seems to be a shot fighter at this point if his performance against erislandy lara is any indication.
11:53 PM on 12/03/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 27 Years Old
cotto gave as good as he got for the first few rounds in that fight, but he faded terribly after that.

williams seems to be a shot fighter at this point if his performance against lara is any indication.

Ya, I mean, I used to think he was the best match up for Mayweather but he seems to be pretty much done for claiming any major title fights. His win against Lara was fixed.
12:03 AM on 12/04/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
Ya, I mean, I used to think he was the best match up for Mayweather but he seems to be pretty much done for claiming any major title fights. His win against Lara was fixed.

yeah, a prime williams would have probably given mayweather some trouble, but he was easy to duck since he had no name recognition outside of the hardcore boxing community.
06:37 AM on 12/04/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
no chance? it was very similar to the first fight in terms of strategy, punches landed, and percentage of punches landed.

i think margarito was coming on and won the last round. margarito did most of his damage in the 10th and 11th rounds after making cotto expend so much energy early in the first fight, and it was starting to look like that was also going to repeat itself, so i wouldn't say he didn't have a chance of scoring a ko.

margarito had his left eye closed shut.

he had no chance of being effective for the remaining two rounds.
06:38 AM on 12/04/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
The Pacquiao Cotto fight was boring as shit and I'd bet Mayweather wouldn't be too interested in that fight either. I'm still pissed that Paul Williams had to get glass jawed by Sergio Martinez.

truth.
11:26 AM on 12/04/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
margarito had his left eye closed shut.

he had no chance of being effective for the remaining two rounds.

his eye had been shut for several rounds, and (at least in my mind) he still managed to win the last round.
03:33 PM on 12/04/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
his eye had been shut for several rounds, and (at least in my mind) he still managed to win the last round.

bottom line is margarito wasnt going to win the fight.

cotto fought a smart game plan and got the retribution he deserved.

i wanna see him against canelo.
07:32 PM on 12/04/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
bottom line is margarito wasnt going to win the fight.

cotto fought a smart game plan and got the retribution he deserved.

i wanna see him against canelo.

guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on his chance to catch cotto late.

a canelo fight would be good, but i don't see it happening anytime soon since canelo seems to be headed for a showdown with chavez jr.
05:42 AM on 12/05/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on his chance to catch cotto late.

a canelo fight would be good, but i don't see it happening anytime soon since canelo seems to be headed for a showdown with chavez jr.

kirkland vs cotto?
09:32 AM on 12/05/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male

that has a lot of potential. i'd certainly love to see it.
09:39 AM on 12/05/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
that has a lot of potential. i'd certainly love to see it.

hell yes.

shit would be incredible.

more risk than reward for cotto at this point in his career doe.

best possible fight for cotto?
09:55 AM on 12/05/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
hell yes.

shit would be incredible.

more risk than reward for cotto at this point in his career doe.

best possible fight for cotto?

from a fan or management view?

kirkland would be the most crowd pleasing fight (martinez or canelo would also be great), but i bet cotto and his team are only interested in making big dollars at this point in his career...which makes me think they'll want mayweather soon.

on a unrelated, but self congratulating note, i went 6 for 6 on picking winners and method of winning for the fights i watched on saturday. :jayz:
10:47 AM on 12/05/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
from a fan or management view?

kirkland would be the most crowd pleasing fight (martinez or canelo would also be great), but i bet cotto and his team are only interested in making big dollars at this point in his career...which makes me think they'll want mayweather soon.

on a unrelated, but self congratulating note, i went 6 for 6 on picking winners and method of winning for the fights i watched on saturday. :jayz:

i meant management view.

definitely agree with mayweather. do NOT wanna see him have a rematch with pacquiao.

if not mayweather i say the next fight will be with chavez jr since they are both under top rank.

haha good job man. you be killin em.
12:16 PM on 12/05/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
i meant management view.

definitely agree with mayweather. do NOT wanna see him have a rematch with pacquiao.

if not mayweather i say the next fight will be with chavez jr since they are both under top rank.

haha good job man. you be killin em.

if he fought pac again without a catchweight he might be able to do better, but yeah, mayweather makes the most sense.

chavez jr? i doubt that. top rank has been extremely careful with jr, giving him very small steps up along the way, and cotto would be a HUGE step up over anything jr has ever faced.
12:27 PM on 12/05/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
if he fought pac again without a catchweight he might be able to do better, but yeah, mayweather makes the most sense.

chavez jr? i doubt that. top rank has been extremely careful with jr, giving him very small steps up along the way, and cotto would be a HUGE step up over anything jr has ever faced.

i just dont see any other fighter that makes financial sense for cotto.

its not worth it for him in this stage of his career to take any unnecessary risks.

and well i agree with your assessment of top rank protecting junior (who doesnt?) i think he might do better than you expect.

for two reasons:

1) he IS improving. not saying he is as skilled as cotto but he is definitely formidable.

2) he is naturally bigger and has a decent chin.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos