Password

04:31 PM on 12/30/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
ward/martinez sounds great on paper, and it'd help clear up some p4p arguments, so i'd love to see it.

on the other hand....even though they've both raised they're profiles drastically in the last couple of years, neither is a proven ticket seller/ratings giant, and i don't know if their styles would mesh very well.

i hope martinez sticks with hbo. i think hbo always has the best overall presentation.

edit: jermain taylor is returning to the ring tonight. should be interesting to see what he's got left.
07:09 AM on 01/03/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
ward/martinez sounds great on paper, and it'd help clear up some p4p arguments, so i'd love to see it.

on the other hand....even though they've both raised they're profiles drastically in the last couple of years, neither is a proven ticket seller/ratings giant, and i don't know if their styles would mesh very well.

i hope martinez sticks with hbo. i think hbo always has the best overall presentation.

edit: jermain taylor is returning to the ring tonight. should be interesting to see what he's got left.

yeah you have a point they dont really have high profiles at all.

but martinez is an aggressive fighter so how is it not great on paper?
07:17 AM on 01/03/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
hopkins wants to go out "guns blazing" in 2012

Quote:
I don't want my next fight to be just a fight. It has to be historic. If I fight just a fight, then I would probably lose. That's a deep thing to say. But it has to be something that people can look at and say, "Man, he's taken on all of the ones who say that they're the best."

07:32 AM on 01/03/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
pacquiao to fight either bradley, peterson, cotto, or marquez.

Quote:

The selection process will begin on or after January 10, Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, and his advisor, Michael Koncz, both told RingTV.com on Monday.

09:36 AM on 01/04/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
yeah you have a point they dont really have high profiles at all.

but martinez is an aggressive fighter so how is it not great on paper?
ward's counter punching ability could slow martinez's aggression and turn the fight into more of a chess match.

a ward fight is making more and more sense.

bradley doesn't deserve the shot (and he'd get worked), peterson has earned his shot (but would also get trounced), hardly anyone wants to see a cotto rematch, but he has a decent chance of winning if he doesn't tire (a HUGE if), and next to no one wants to see pac/marquez 4.

i'm sick of waiting, and won't be duped into buying another sub-par match up, so no mayweather means no interest from me.
12:44 PM on 01/06/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
mayweather avoids jail time.

pacquiao has no excuse now!
12:47 PM on 01/06/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
ward's counter punching ability could slow martinez's aggression and turn the fight into more of a chess match.

a ward fight is making more and more sense.

bradley doesn't deserve the shot (and he'd get worked), peterson has earned his shot (but would also get trounced), hardly anyone wants to see a cotto rematch, but he has a decent chance of winning if he doesn't tire (a HUGE if), and next to no one wants to see pac/marquez 4.

i'm sick of waiting, and won't be duped into buying another sub-par match up, so no mayweather means no interest from me.

chess match?

i suppose so. still think it would be a great fight.

yeah hopkins/ward would be amazing. talk about chess match though...

bradley is quick and slick. out of the four (bradley, peterson, cotto, marquez.) i like the matchup with him the best.

definitely NOT cotto or marquez.
03:04 AM on 01/07/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
chess match?

i suppose so. still think it would be a great fight.

yeah hopkins/ward would be amazing. talk about chess match though...

bradley is quick and slick. out of the four (bradley, peterson, cotto, marquez.) i like the matchup with him the best.

definitely NOT cotto or marquez.
yeah, the match up problems are still there, but when presented with the fact that you may witness history, the money problems are less of an issue.

bradley is the worst match up of the pathetic few presented.

bradley is tailor made for pac. sure he has boxing ability, but he lacks the power to make pac give a fuck when countered......and because of that pac will be all to happy to trade with bradley for a few rounds (and give the crowd some semblance of excitement)......before visiting upon bradley the type of destruction you only hear about in the bible.

there's a slim chance that bradley is slicker then i think, but even if he is, it only means an ugly fight that he clearly loses by decision.

for my money i'd say that cotto would give the best fight out of the bunch.....but what do i know?
11:07 AM on 01/10/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
yeah, the match up problems are still there, but when presented with the fact that you may witness history, the money problems are less of an issue.

bradley is the worst match up of the pathetic few presented.

bradley is tailor made for pac. sure he has boxing ability, but he lacks the power to make pac give a fuck when countered......and because of that pac will be all to happy to trade with bradley for a few rounds (and give the crowd some semblance of excitement)......before visiting upon bradley the type of destruction you only hear about in the bible.

there's a slim chance that bradley is slicker then i think, but even if he is, it only means an ugly fight that he clearly loses by decision.

for my money i'd say that cotto would give the best fight out of the bunch.....but what do i know?

how is bradley worse than peterson?

you dont need punching power to win matches homie. ask undefeated floyd mayweather bout that one.

and after seeing the first pacquiao/cotto match i would never wanna see them face off again.

i know that for sure.
11:39 AM on 01/10/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
apparently mayweather has called out pacquiao on twitter...

edit: my how the tables have turned.
08:28 AM on 01/17/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks

happy birthday to arguably the greatest fighter of all time.

he transcended sports the way few athletes have done before or after.
06:27 PM on 01/19/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
how is bradley worse than peterson?

you dont need punching power to win matches homie. ask undefeated floyd mayweather bout that one.

and after seeing the first pacquiao/cotto match i would never wanna see them face off again.

i know that for sure.

bradley just isn't enjoyable to watch. lacks power, and unlike past defensive geniuses he relies on holding and head butting far to much.

floyd has some power. that's part of what makes his opponents so reluctant to take chances against him, and he has ko'd fighters with decent chins in the past.

if they didn't fight at a catchweight like they did the first time i think cotto would make things interesting into the later rounds. cotto was just to drained to keep up the intensity of the first few rounds.

none of what i just said matters if pac/mayweather finally happens in may.....but i'm going to remain skeptical until it's officially announced.
06:17 PM on 01/23/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
fuck pacquiao and mayweather.

i would rather focus on some fights that are actually HAPPENING.

this one comes to mind:

EDIT: well fuck.

2ND EDIT: as a result...
08:32 AM on 01/30/12 
User Info.
mattyrocks
forgot bout this one:

03:21 PM on 01/31/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
Berto's my favorite fighter, this sucks so bad.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets