AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:40 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
QuikTrig
Male - 26 Years Old
The Sherdog boxing forum must be a nuclear warzone right now hahaha

lol right when the decision was announced the forum imploded.
10:57 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
QuikTrig
Male - 26 Years Old
i am off to go drink the night away. i'm not exaggerating that this decision has driven me to drink. kind of pathetic.
11:05 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
bob arum's inspiring reaction to the events of the night.........."This is a death knell for boxing, and I'm going to make a ton of money on the rematch," Arum said.
11:45 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
Atlas once pulled a gun on a teenage Mike Tyson for flirting with one of his young relatives. Dude is a badass.

Going to be a bit harder for the sport to recover from something like this compared to other events, given the magnitude.
11:55 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
We don't even need heavyweight superstars. Just a division with 4 or 5 guys who have "star" marketability. It can be any division. It's what made this sport so fucking compelling in the 80's as you had three or four divisions and each had various star fighters.
12:03 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
The lack of heavyweights is due to the fact that most of them go to football and shit. Teddy Atlas mentions this a bit. As for people not really being informed I just don't know how to get those people interested again because Canelo and Khan are great fighters and do have star power. I guess boxing just has this bad stigma that it can't shake off and it's a damn shame because it is (in my opinion) way more interesting than other major sports.
12:05 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I see Teddy Atlas all the time. He lives on Staten Island. Just drives around wearing his Everlast sweatsuits like a boss..

12:17 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
That is another thing: the undercard. Something that the UFC does so well is producing a great undercard to lead into their main fight. It almost justifies paying 70 dollars for the show whereas boxing had usually crappy cards (except recently). I really don't understand what it is about boxing and our generation that detracts them unless it's a megafight. Perhaps other sports having major network deals? Maybe our generation is out of whack hahaha
08:50 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
IRL
Male - 19 Years Old
Didn't see the fight at all but my head can't comprehend even the idea of Timothy Bradley outboxing Manny. And I always thought it was him that would get any kind of controversial call should there be one. Shit's so corrupt now, it's sad. Lady GaGa showed herself to be every bit of the tool I expected her to be though, so there's that.
09:04 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
prospekt
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
All of you guys wanted Pacquiao to win...how is the same guy winning every fight exciting at all?
10:21 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
All of you guys wanted Pacquiao to win...how is the same guy winning every fight exciting at all?

i mean really guys, who in their right mind really wants to witness greatness?

pacquiao losing wouldn't be a problem if he had actually lost.
10:56 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
prospekt
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
i mean really guys, who in their right mind really wants to witness greatness?

pacquiao losing wouldn't be a problem if he had actually lost.

Maybe its just me but if the same teams won over again it would be boring. Like what if the Heat rattled off five consecutive NBA titles? It wouldn't be fun at all to watch.
11:03 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
xkj1985x
\_(ツ)_/
Seattle
Male - 29 Years Old
Maybe its just me but if the same teams won over again it would be boring. Like what if the Heat rattled off five consecutive NBA titles? It wouldn't be fun at all to watch.

Right....but this is more like:

Wizards-Heat, Game 7 of the NBA Finals. :30 left and the Heat are up 119-22. The whistles blow and the game ends early with the Wizards being crowned NBA Champions.

See the problem there? This fight was not even close....I'd have NO problem with Pac losing if he you know...actually LOST the fight but he didn't, not even close.
11:05 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
We don't even need heavyweight superstars. Just a division with 4 or 5 guys who have "star" marketability. It can be any division. It's what made this sport so fucking compelling in the 80's as you had three or four divisions and each had various star fighters.

aside from the heavyweights boxing has plenty of talented fighters who could/should be stars, but those managing the sport just aren't making the kind of high risk fights that are needed to make stars......and in the rare cases that they do make a good fight, they fail to properly promote it.

mares, moreno, donaire, salido, gamboa, rigondeaux, broner, guerrero, pac, mayweather, marquez, cotto, ortiz, khan, garcia, alvarado, kirkland, alvarez, martinez, quillen, ward, dawson, froch, and dirrell are all great fighters that consistently entertain.......while lee, rios, chavez jr., maidana, lundy, angulo, russell jr., juanma, berto, peterson, alexander, pascal, lara, and jones might eventually prove, or redeem themselves.
11:17 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male

not at all the same thing, but even if it was i'd still disagree. i wasn't a big bulls fan back in the 90's, but i can't deny that their domination of the league back then was fun to watch.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets