Username
Password

02:11 AM on 01/10/07 
User Info.
MIKEY_HORROR
Hoods nvr stop, thy jst take breaks
"330"
Male - 30 Years Old
yeah i'd have to agree. he's an amazing fighter, he really is. i just honestly dont think there is anyone in that division that can beat st. pierre right now.
03:00 PM on 01/10/07 
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
sylvia has looked like garbage lately imo. his last title defense was weak. I want to see to Andre/Cro crop more then any other heavy weight fight.

I disagree. He's getting way better at fighting defensively. That's why he "looked like garbage." He doesn't have to beat anyone, he just has to not be beat.

I love Andre, but I think Cro Cop won't have trouble with him. As for Cro Cop vs Sylvia, I expect Cro Cop to win, but it won't be easy. That is a high head to kick. I expect that fight to end with a choke or punch. Sylvia's defense is tough.
12:31 AM on 01/11/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
I agree that Sylvia HASN'T looked like garbage. I mean the guy has 2 losses his whole career. One was a mistake by the ref with Mir and the other to Arlovski who since that loss he has beaten twice. He isn't a pushover by any means.

If you remember when Cro Cop was fighting Alexander Emelianenko everyone was commenting on how its a tough fight for crop cop because he needs to be able to get close to his opponents to win, and Emelianenko is so tall. Well it's the same thing with Sylvia, but Sylvia is a far better fighter than Alexander.

In the end I say Cro Cop wins though. He has good stand up defense, maybe the best takedown defense in the biz, and he can take a shot. He's the 2nd bes HW in the world.

As for Arlovski, as much as I love him as a fighter, Cro Cop would knock him out in the first round. 4 out of his 5 loses have come from KOs. Also he is a stand up fighter, and well they don't stand a chance against Cro Cop

As for Jackson, if he fights like he fought vs. Lindland, then he will lose to Liddell. If he fights like he fought in the first round of his 2nd fight against Siliva, he'll beat Liddell. Bottom line is that if Quinton has learned how to guard the knee and know when to expect it, he'll beat Liddell.

As for Diego Sanchez, he's a big time rising star. He's only 25, but he isn't close to George St. Pierre yet. He may get a shot, just like Rashad Evans will, but that doesn't mean he will win. He has a bright future but just doesn't have the experience to go up against the likes of St. Pierre right now who is entering into Top 5 fighter in the world territory.
01:27 AM on 01/11/07 
User Info.
Rabe
Existentialist
Las Vegas, NV
Male - 27 Years Old
you obviously know you're pride fighting very well.

Diego has i think 5(?) fights/wins since he has won the ultimate fighter show. he is a 13 or 14 total wins in mma with no loses, he is the only one in my opinion that even deserves a title shot. i think he has plenty of experience, but yes, i don't see anyone beating st. pierre for a while.
02:52 AM on 01/11/07 
User Info.
MIKEY_HORROR
"330"
Male - 30 Years Old
heres a link to watch The Iceman on Conan if you missed it, its a pretty good interview.

http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_C...shtml?__sent=1
11:07 AM on 01/11/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
you obviously know you're pride fighting very well.

Diego has i think 5(?) fights/wins since he has won the ultimate fighter show. he is a 13 or 14 total wins in mma with no loses, he is the only one in my opinion that even deserves a title shot. i think he has plenty of experience, but yes, i don't see anyone beating st. pierre for a while.

He's won a ton of fights, but hasn't beat anyone impressive yet. I'd need to see him beat someone with legit talent, outside of Joe Riggs.
11:36 AM on 01/11/07 
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
I've never been very impressed with Riggs for some reason. I feel like he is just used as a solid name for the good fighters to get wins against. He is a borderline. You beat him, you're good. You lose, you need more work.
11:01 PM on 01/11/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
I've never been very impressed with Riggs for some reason. I feel like he is just used as a solid name for the good fighters to get wins against. He is a borderline. You beat him, you're good. You lose, you need more work.

Exactly what I'm saying. That has been Diego's only real legit win. If I were him I would wait maybe a 9 months for Hughes take down Hughes and then worry about going after Pierre. It looks like B.J. Penn is finally going to drop down to his correct weight and fight Lightweight, so he's out of the picture.
02:27 AM on 01/12/07 
User Info.
Rabe
Existentialist
Las Vegas, NV
Male - 27 Years Old
He's won a ton of fights, but hasn't beat anyone impressive yet. I'd need to see him beat someone with legit talent, outside of Joe Riggs.
no one with talent? he knocked out Caro Perrisian's tooth (god i butchered the spelling of his name). diego has fought some good fighters.
09:46 AM on 01/12/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
no one with talent? he knocked out Caro Perrisian's tooth (god i butchered the spelling of his name). diego has fought some good fighters.

O, Forgot that fight. Okay 2 good fights.
06:18 PM on 01/12/07 
User Info.
MIKEY_HORROR
"330"
Male - 30 Years Old
Exactly what I'm saying. That has been Diego's only real legit win. If I were him I would wait maybe a 9 months for Hughes take down Hughes and then worry about going after Pierre. It looks like B.J. Penn is finally going to drop down to his correct weight and fight Lightweight, so he's out of the picture.

i think Diego could beat Hughes, but it will definately not be easy. with Hughes just coming off of a loss this could be one of the best times for Diego to fight him, it seems like sometimes after having a win streak broken, the fighter will lose some momentum and let 1 or 2 more losses come by before stepping it up and mentally getting back to where they were.
07:03 PM on 01/12/07 
User Info.
MIKEY_HORROR
"330"
Male - 30 Years Old
Ohh shit, Couture is fighting Slyvia at UFC 68! i am predicting Sylvia to win, i thought Couture was done fighting. One of the best fighters the UFC has seen, but i think his days are numbered as far as staying at the top of his game. i hope he doesnt pull a Holyfield and stay in the game getting pummeled by up and comers the rest of his career.
12:43 AM on 01/13/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
Hughes is fighting Pierre in March, so that looks to be Hughes' next fight. I'd imagine they toss some garbage at Diego and wait until June for Hughes and Diego to fight. They could completely pass up Hughes and have him fight St.Pierre though.

As for Sylvia and Coture, Sylvia is going to DESTROY Coture. Coture hasn't fought HW since 2002. On top of that in his last fight he couldn't deal with how hard Liddel was hitting, and Sylvia hits MUCH harder. So Coture has no chance in this one.
01:16 AM on 01/13/07 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Not going to lie - I know nothing about this sport.

But I do like Couture and like him kicking the shit outta that Tito character.
05:43 AM on 01/13/07 
User Info.
MIKEY_HORROR
"330"
Male - 30 Years Old
Not going to lie - I know nothing about this sport.

But I do like Couture and like him kicking the shit outta that Tito character.

haha, i like anyone kicking the shit outta that Tito character. I cant stand that dude, although i must say after his last loss to Liddell.. he did act somewhat respectful and not as douchebag-ish as he normally is.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets