AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
 
Share
10:58 AM on 01/15/07 
Offline
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
FinchBulldog2's Avatar
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
Tito tries to be the Muhammad Ali of UFC. He's a very good fighter and was an excellent coach on the Ultimate Fighter, so once he drops the Ali shit, he'll have 100% of my support instead of like 70% of it.
08:42 AM on 01/16/07 
Offline
User Info.
BradFoSho
What would the community think?
BradFoSho's Avatar
Kingston, Ontario,...
Male - 30 Years Old
Sanchez is a good fighter, but god damn I just hate him to death. It's the god damn mustache and Jeri-Curl that drives me insane. I can't wait for him to fight Hughes, Hughes is just going to manhandle him.

Hughes/GSP 3 will also be a great fight. Hughes underestimated GSP second time around, just like BJP did against Hughes.

I hope BJ sticks with 155 this time around. He is going to wreck Pulver at UFN and hopefully get a shot at the belt. Melvin Guilliard is a rising star in that division. HW power at 155.
02:20 AM on 01/18/07 
Offline
User Info.
MIKEY_HORROR
Hoods nvr stop, thy jst take breaks
MIKEY_HORROR's Avatar
"330"
Male - 30 Years Old
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=4191

new UFC videogame is in the works.... hopefully it will be better then the last attempt.
06:38 AM on 01/19/07 
Offline
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Gabe Borquez's Avatar
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old
I'm glad this topic was made. I'm a huge MMA fan and I applaud the choice to bring in Quinton Jackson, Mirko CroCop and Heath Herring from Pride Fighting. I also appaud the fact that Joe Lauzon(who kicked the shit out of Jens Pulver) is sponsored by Jake Bannon's (of Converge) Death Wish Inc.

What do you guys think of the upcoming Slyvia Vs. Couture fight? I'm down with it but I thought Brandon Vera deserved the shot. I also think CroCop's legs will eventually take over the division.

word.
07:48 AM on 01/19/07 
Offline
User Info.
mat1419
how's this for intense?
mat1419's Avatar
White Marsh,MD
Male
this couture fight is going to be a disaster.
05:03 PM on 01/19/07 
Offline
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Gabe Borquez's Avatar
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old
this couture fight is going to be a disaster.

Are you saying he's gonna kick ass or get his ass kicked?

I think he will win. He's fought heavyweight a good portion of his career. He's been there. Slyvia is just a shitty fighter.
05:14 PM on 01/19/07 
Offline
User Info.
mat1419
how's this for intense?
mat1419's Avatar
White Marsh,MD
Male
Are you saying he's gonna kick ass or get his ass kicked?

I think he will win. He's fought heavyweight a good portion of his career. He's been there. Slyvia is just a shitty fighter.

i think couture is going to get killed. he looked really outmatched in his last fight and probably hasn't been training as much as sylvia because he "retired". also, he's got to bulk up to get into heavyweight shape which takes time. his age has caught up and that's not a good time to be fighting the champ.
05:22 PM on 01/19/07 
Offline
User Info.
Oflegend
Registered User
No Avatar Selected
Gainesville, Fl
Male - 26 Years Old
mirko is going to end someone's life.
01:18 AM on 01/20/07 
Offline
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
FinchBulldog2's Avatar
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
Sylvia will beat Couture. People don't understand that in these past few fights he has fought defensively with a strategy to just keep the belt. Andre is a great fighter and it takes stuff like that to beat him. Sylvia is underrated. He'll beat Couture and then lose to Cro Cop.
05:04 PM on 01/20/07 
Offline
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Gabe Borquez's Avatar
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old
Sylvia will beat Couture. People don't understand that in these past few fights he has fought defensively with a strategy to just keep the belt. Andre is a great fighter and it takes stuff like that to beat him. Sylvia is underrated. He'll beat Couture and then lose to Cro Cop.

You just said it. He has fought defensively with a strategy to keep a belt. He brings no killer instinct into his fights. He's shitty, not a good fighter at all. He got lucky in Arlovski fight 2 and neither him or Andre wanted to win number 3. Jeff Munson didn't stand a chance and it was Sylvia's chance to showcase his fighting abilities. Instead, it was like a sparring match with a big couch that didn't involve any good action. Couture, like in all of his fights will bring the action. Age will also not be a issue in this fight just because Couture is in better shape than Sylvia. Everybody thinks he stopped training but that's his career. He stills trains with his younger developing fighters and camp. Word.
07:36 PM on 01/20/07 
Offline
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
FinchBulldog2's Avatar
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
You just said it. He has fought defensively with a strategy to keep a belt. He brings no killer instinct into his fights. He's shitty, not a good fighter at all. He got lucky in Arlovski fight 2 and neither him or Andre wanted to win number 3. Jeff Munson didn't stand a chance and it was Sylvia's chance to showcase his fighting abilities. Instead, it was like a sparring match with a big couch that didn't involve any good action. Couture, like in all of his fights will bring the action. Age will also not be a issue in this fight just because Couture is in better shape than Sylvia. Everybody thinks he stopped training but that's his career. He stills trains with his younger developing fighters and camp. Word.

I'll give Couture a chance but I'm sure his comments about Sylvia fighting without heart will bring out more of Sylvia's old offensive style. The way I see it in my head says that Sylvia has a 70% chance of winning this fight to Couture's 30%. I personally think it was smart (not cowardly) of Sylvia to fight defensively against Arlovski because Andre is a great striker. But back to Couture, Sylvia has the reach advantage and can still hit hard if he needs to.
I'd also like to add that your band is awesome and I really like the album.
02:51 PM on 01/22/07 
Offline
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Gabe Borquez's Avatar
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old
I'll give Couture a chance but I'm sure his comments about Sylvia fighting without heart will bring out more of Sylvia's old offensive style. The way I see it in my head says that Sylvia has a 70% chance of winning this fight to Couture's 30%. I personally think it was smart (not cowardly) of Sylvia to fight defensively against Arlovski because Andre is a great striker. But back to Couture, Sylvia has the reach advantage and can still hit hard if he needs to.
I'd also like to add that your band is awesome and I really like the album.

Word. Either way, I'm looking forward to the PPV. Hopefully, they give Franklin and Hughes decent opponents like maybe Mike Zwick and Karo Parysian. Maybe even Diego Sanchez and thanks for the band comment, it means a lot.
11:02 PM on 01/22/07 
Offline
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
YouMadeTheScene's Avatar
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
I've said it once I'll say it again, as much as I like Couture, I don't think he has a shot. I've discussed this with my brother for hours, but I think Couture is already a step behind not having fought HW in years. Not to mention Couture showed in his last couple fights with Liddell he couldn't handle his heavy hands. If he can't handle Liddell's heavy hands than he'll have just as much if not more with Sylvia. Not to mention if you want to look at past opponents Sylvia easily handled Ricco Rodriguez after Ricco submitted Couture. Everything that Couture would have going for him, Sylvia has shown he can handle. I'm not a huge Sylvia fan, but I think he is currently the best HW in UFC. Not counting Cro Cop as he hasn't fought yet.

Franklin is fighting Jason MacDonald in his next fight. MacDonald is the one who has won his last 2 fights against Ed Herman and Chris Leben. I think Franklin is going to destroy him personally. MacDonald is lucky he beat Leben as he was getting his ass handed to him in that fight. Also Franklin supposedly was very sick leading up to his fight with Silva, so I think we may see Rich Franklin on the warpath. As for Hughes I think they are going to be saving Diego for a fight against St. Pierre. I mean they could go with the plan similar to that of Tito and Forrest and have Hughes fight the up and comer in the division to show he still belongs. Yet, it all comes to the bottom line. A St. Pierre/Hughes rematch is going to bring a lot of money. I think Hughes may get Thiago Alves as his next opponent.
11:06 PM on 01/22/07 
Offline
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
YouMadeTheScene's Avatar
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
On a side note I'm surprised Pride got a hold of Mac Danzig before UFC did. UFC is trying to bolster its lightweight division, and Danzig would've been a good addition.
01:51 PM on 01/23/07 
Offline
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
FinchBulldog2's Avatar
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
Swick vs Franklin would be nuts. They would have to be the number 1 and 2 contenders after this next card, right?



NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos
HIDDEN TREASURES
AbsolutePunk Podcast
Free Music
Sports Forum
Technology Forum
Recommendations
INFORMATION
Advertising
Contact Us
Copyright Policy
Terms of Service
Privacy Policy
FOLLOW
Twitter | Facebook | RSS
PropertyOfZack
PunkNews.org
UnderTheGun
Chorus.fm