Password

10:43 PM on 08/23/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Bow Down to Washington
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Wow...

Anderson Silva called Dana right after he announced the card was scrapped and offered to save it and fight a LHW contender on 8 days notice, Dana was shocked but said it was too late.
10:47 PM on 08/23/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
should of just done Silva Sonnen again at LHW haha, tell me that wouldn't of been awesome.

Other than that try finding another LHW contender who wasn't ready that would want to fight Silva.
10:49 PM on 08/23/12 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
Chael v Silva again would be awesome.

It'd definitely bring higher ratings.
11:21 PM on 08/23/12 
User Info.
achassi
duck president
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
It makes more sense for Machida to turn down the fight than Jones turning down Sonnen
05:02 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
Figure8Guitar
Columbia, MO
Male - 24 Years Old
Damn, that would have been awesome to see Anderson vs. someone like Rampage, Rashad, etc.

Also, props to Vitor and Sonnen for both stepping up to take out Bones. Vitor has just as good of a chance to beat Bones as Hendo does, IMO. I feel like he's most likely going to get ground and pounded eventually, but as far as the stand up, it'll be awesome to see Vitor use his speed and aggression to get in Bones' face.
06:24 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Bow Down to Washington
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
FrontRowBrian: Supposedly Jones wasn't asked if he wanted Vitor. Was just sent a bout agreement with understanding sign it or else.
08:55 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Shogun turned down the fight with Jones as well. Now everyone can quit talking shit about Jones, since no one wanted to fight him as well.
09:02 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Bow Down to Washington
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
I'll still shit talk Jones because none of these other guys that turned the fight down have been in camp, training---ready for a fight on Sept 1st, Jones was.

As Chael said, this was his chance to eliminate Chael now before he became a threat with no camp, same with most of these other guys who are are definitely in shape, sure...but not just finishing up a fight camp for a fight in 8 days or whatever it is like Jones was.

You are a fan of him and thats fine so I understand you defending him but my views differ here.
09:05 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
Figure8Guitar
Columbia, MO
Male - 24 Years Old
Shogun turned down the fight with Jones as well. Now everyone can quit talking shit about Jones, since no one wanted to fight him as well.

I wouldn't go that far. Not wanting to fight a super dominant champ on a month's notice is a little different than turning down a fight with a guy from the weight class below you, arguably being the cause of the cancelation of an entire event, and leaving about 20 fighter without a fight. That was my main concern with Jones. Not that he was "afraid" of Sonnen or something.

Edit: and to Jones/Jackson's credit, they could have been right about Sonnen. He could have been training this whole time because he's known about Hendo's injury this whole time. His random trash-talking of Jones started at a pretty convenient time. He could have been hyping up this fight that a lot of people didn't know had a huge possibility of happening.
09:19 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
cvs24
Jersey Born & Raised
Northern NJ
Male - 21 Years Old
Past two days have been quite the fucking circus; needless to say, JBJ-Vitor should be an awesome fight.
09:20 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
badger52683
AP Madden Vet
FL
Male - 31 Years Old
So he was scared...

And how long could Sonnen possibly have known? Like maybe a couple weeks. Hardly enough time to get ready. What is 21 days compared to 8 days to prepare? It's still Greg Jackson being a dumbass.
09:23 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
09:27 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
badger52683
AP Madden Vet
FL
Male - 31 Years Old

I guess what i meant to say is no fighter (champion) has ever refused to fight the replacement guy on short notice.

that is how i understood from Dana. makes sense. am i wrong here?
09:32 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
Guys who have not trained or prepared not wanting to fight arguably the best fighter in the world is nowhere near the same as the champ coming off a full camp turning down a fight with an unprepared, untrained middleweight on 8 days notice. Not even close.
09:33 AM on 08/24/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
Bow Down to Washington
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
exxxxxxactly.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music