Username
Password

08:06 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
156 already has a chance at being the most stacked of 2013.

Aldo vs. Edgar
Rashad vs. Lil' Nog
Overeem vs. Bigfoot
Fitch vs. Maia
09:27 AM on 11/28/12 
User Info.
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
Seattle
Male
I'm so excited for Fox 5. I got the whole week off to make sure I get to go to all of the events: Open workouts, press conference, weigh-ins, fighter Q & A, and the fights.

And I don't want to jinx it...but I can't believe that no injuries have screwed this card up. I mean, there have been a couple...but the main card is intact and EVERY fight on this card is an awesome fight.
09:54 AM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm so excited for Fox 5. I got the whole week off to make sure I get to go to all of the events: Open workouts, press conference, weigh-ins, fighter Q & A, and the fights.

And I don't want to jinx it...but I can't believe that no injuries have screwed this card up. I mean, there have been a couple...but the main card is intact and EVERY fight on this card is an awesome fight.
Beyond jealous, haha.
11:22 AM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Debating ordering tickets to the Chicago today.
11:52 AM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
The UFC has been losing it's gusto, at least for me. Most of the fights I want to see either wont happen because one fighter declines, or because of the endless injuries.

IMO, the only way to really give a shot of new life into the UFC is to have a complete, or mostly complete, merger of the Strikeforce roster. I don't see any other way to invigorate the UFC besides something drastic like that.

Maybe next year will be better, Overeem will be back and hopefully fight for the title, maybe we'll have Cromier in the mix, along with the other weight class champions.
12:11 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
badger52683
AP Madden Vet
FL
Male - 31 Years Old
i think they need to stop trying to compete with football on saturday night
01:20 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
i think they need to stop trying to compete with football on saturday night

As in stop with the PPV at 7pm?
01:41 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
blindrider529
Seattle
Male
IMO, the only way to really give a shot of new life into the UFC is to have a complete, or mostly complete, merger of the Strikeforce roster. I don't see any other way to invigorate the UFC besides something drastic like that.

Really? I've got to think you're either paying attention to the wrong fighters or are more a fan of specific fighters than the sport in general. The newer generation of fighters is easily as exciting as the past generation (if not moreso) - they just don't have the nostalgia/living mma legend factor thing happening yet,
02:39 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
Really? I've got to think you're either paying attention to the wrong fighters or are more a fan of specific fighters than the sport in general. The newer generation of fighters is easily as exciting as the past generation (if not moreso) - they just don't have the nostalgia/living mma legend factor thing happening yet,

I'm tired of the right fights NOT being made. There are SO many that I want to see but won't happen, so it's just sucks, or top fighters are injured.
03:33 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
badger52683
AP Madden Vet
FL
Male - 31 Years Old
As in stop with the PPV at 7pm?

i was thinking moving events to a different day of the week like friday

at least just during football season
03:35 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
blindrider529
Seattle
Male
I'm tired of the right fights NOT being made. There are SO many that I want to see but won't happen, so it's just sucks, or top fighters are injured.

ah, I know what you mean. I guess I just don't hold out hope for specific fights, even when they are official. A lot of the time un-planned fights end up being pretty awesome, anyway. And I actually like that the injuries sometimes force the UFC to bring back people who've been cut like Varner, Cote, Duffee, etc.
03:53 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
ah, I know what you mean. I guess I just don't hold out hope for specific fights, even when they are official. A lot of the time un-planned fights end up being pretty awesome, anyway. And I actually like that the injuries sometimes force the UFC to bring back people who've been cut like Varner, Cote, Duffee, etc.

I just don't like that the UFC is so obviously based on "sports entertainment", rather than sports competition. If you're allowed to talk yourself into a title shot, then you have no business trying to be a legitimate sport.
04:06 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
blindrider529
Seattle
Male
I just don't like that the UFC is so obviously based on "sports entertainment", rather than sports competition. If you're allowed to talk yourself into a title shot, then you have no business trying to be a legitimate sport.

Yeah, that is kind of the one thing that seperates MMA (and specifically the UFC format) from other sports. How do they handle it, though? Look at Bellator - injuries and terrible decisions by refs/judges completely screw up the process and champions hardly ever end up fighting. And if you get screwed by a judge or a ref you have to wait for around a freaking year to get another chance to try to win a tournament and fight the champion again.

It's just a weird thing for an MMA promotion to deal with, so they ultimately make fights based on 3 factors: Who is the most accomplished/competitive fighter worthy of a title shot, who is healthy and ready to fight, and who do the fans want to see?
08:34 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Lavar Johnson out with pulled groin.
08:34 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
4Who4What
WHATEVER. IT. TAKES.
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
fuck man....

danawhite: Lavar Johnson is out of the FOX prelims with a pulled groin. He was fighting Brendan Shcaub.

I'm going to this card so I especially hate to see this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos