Username
Password

07:00 PM on 01/25/07 
User Info.
looksthatkillbn
Brady Is The Answer
The Ohio State...
Male - 26 Years Old
He's fine. If they're stiff they're just knocked out. Its scarier if the person is just limp.

yeah rogan said his toes were still curled up like 20 seconds later. what a kick. can't really get much of a better ko than that.
07:01 PM on 01/25/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
yeah rogan said his toes were still curled up like 20 seconds later. what a kick. can't really get much of a better ko than that.

I've seen probably 400 MMA/Kickboxing fights and that was a Top 10 KO. I mean as soon as he connected he was out cold.
09:59 PM on 01/25/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
I totally forgot about this thread. So heres my random thoughts for now:
- I am a Couture mark, I will pick him over anybody eventhough I do believe his chances are slim over Sylvia.
-Steroids have caught up to Kevin Randleman. This hasn't been confirmed, this is just what I think since recently he was in the hospital for kidney problems and he's bound to suspended since he used non-human urine for his urine test.
-February's Pride event in the US can give the UFC a run for its money. Gomi, Sakurai and Nick Diaz will be on the card plus others.
-I do believe Crocop will dominate the HW division....eventually.
-Brandon Vera will never get a title shot unless he resigns with the UFC.
-GSP will defeat Matt Serra and Hughes.
-I really think Lutter has very little chance of winning his fight against Silva.
-MW division finally got great fighters(Marquardt, Macdonald, Franklin, Swick, etc)
-IFL is moving up in ranks. They are putting up great cards and the new coaches they pick are top notch(Dan Henderson, Don Frye, and Marco Ruas).

Thats all for now. This is great that more people are getting into MMA.
10:01 PM on 01/25/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Oh and I also forgot to mention that Frank "Twinkle toes" Trigg will be in the next Pride event next month and Wanderlei Silva will be the main event against Dan Henderson.
10:41 PM on 01/25/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
I think all of these other leagues would have a shot at catching up with UFC, but none of them have solid financial backing. I mean Pride is in debt to the Yakuza big time, and the IFL is fledgling right now.

As for the Pride card, Diaz isn't big enough name to make an impact on a US market. Put it this way, do you think there are going to be big celebrities at the Pride event? People just don't know what Pride is if they're not fans. I mean people who are UFC fans don't know what Pride is. Diaz I think is going to get SMACKED UP by Gomi. As for Henderson and Silva, Silva controlled their first fight. Henderson I think gets knocked out in this one. The only guy who really has a shot against Silva in pride is Shogun, but they'll never fight each other.

GSP is going to hold on to the belt until Thiago Alves and Diego Sanchez really come along in their training. So that could be up to 2 years.

MW Division is really getting better and impressing me. I'd love to see Jason MacDonald show me he isn't someone with great luck, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

Vera wants more money, and he thinks EliteXC is going to cough it up to him. I think he'll end up resigning with UFC after he saw what happened to Quinton Jackson at WFA.

I think Lutter is dead in the water.

Here are my thoughts

-Keith Jardine is going to give whoever he fights a good run for their money. The guy is one of the hardest hitters in the UFC and can take a bunch better than anyone.
-Cro Cop should be hoping Coture beats Sylvia, because Sylvia is a much tougher match up for him
-By this summer we'll see a lot of Pride guys bailing
-In a year and a half Pride will fold
-Nick Diaz isn't the good signing by Pride, Mac Danzig was.
-Vitor Belfort is bound for a comeback
-Mark Hunt will wind up in UFC once his Pride contract is over
-Rampage loses a split Decision to Liddell
-Liddell loses to Rampage in a Rematch with a TKO via strikes.
06:24 AM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
People just don't know what Pride is if they're not fans. I mean people who are UFC fans don't know what Pride is.

GSP is going to hold on to the belt until Thiago Alves and Diego Sanchez really come along in their training. So that could be up to 2 years.
The first statement is so true but sad at the same time. People don't know what they are missing out on.

Thiago Alves might have to wait ahile for a title shot since he tested positive for a banned substance.

My gripe with the UFC is that the UFC relies too much on its main event. I mean they make one or two good fights and then the undercard is really lackluster(this excludes yesterday's event, I thought that it was a strong fight card for it being televised for free).

Pride would have to rely on their top fighters to survive. They still got Gomi, Fedor, Wanderlei, Shogun and others. I think Mac Danzig will have a strong showing at the next Pride event.
06:56 AM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
The first statement is so true but sad at the same time. People don't know what they are missing out on.

Thiago Alves might have to wait ahile for a title shot since he tested positive for a banned substance.

My gripe with the UFC is that the UFC relies too much on its main event. I mean they make one or two good fights and then the undercard is really lackluster(this excludes yesterday's event, I thought that it was a strong fight card for it being televised for free).

Pride would have to rely on their top fighters to survive. They still got Gomi, Fedor, Wanderlei, Shogun and others. I think Mac Danzig will have a strong showing at the next Pride event.

I don't know if they can really suspend him for long as it was a pretty minor substance. Diuretic's aren't that big of a deal, they are mostly used to mask steroids, but further tests showed he had no steroids in his system.

In terms of what you're saying with the cards there are a couple things you need to take into account.
A) Pride run less cards per years than UFC do. This sort of thins out top competition ias they can't compete on every card.
B) UFC rely more on their championships. They spread out the title bouts as opposed to putting multiple defenses on one night. This also makes the title bouts a bigger deal.
C) UFC doesn't have the level or real talent that Pride has. UFC relies more on personality, Ultimate Fighter contestants, and guys who just want to throw down.
D) Pride completely owns the Japanese market in terms of fighters, and they really have most of the Brazilians. That really hurts them because they are losing out on so many fighters.

With all of those combined, UFC tends to struggle putting up long blockbuster cards. Yet, their evens are almost never disappointing.
10:55 AM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Reefer Sutherland
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 32 Years Old
The next few UFC ppv's should be interesting.

Here's the almost confirmed schedules:
UFC 68 - Columbus, Ohio
Tim Sylvia vs. Randy Couture (Heavyweight Championship)
Rich Franklin vs. Jason McDonald
Matt Hughes vs. Chris Lytle (Hughes asked for Diego, UFC Said "No.")
Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
Renato Sobral vs. Jason Lambert
Jon Fitch vs. Luigi Fioramanti
Matt Hamill vs Rex Holman
Martin Kampmann vs Drew Mc Fedries
Assuerio Silva vs TBA

UFC 69 - Houston, Texas (was supposed to be in Montreal, Canada)
GSP vs. Matt Serra (Welterweight Championship) *Depending on Knee Injury to GSP
Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
Diego Sanchez vs TBA (Possibly Josh Koscheck?)
Joe Stevenson vs. TBA (Possibly Caol Uno)

UFC 70 - Manchester, England
Tito Ortiz vs TBA
Michael Bisping vs TBA
Forrest Griffin vs TBA
11:58 AM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old

UFC 68 - Columbus, Ohio
Assuerio Silva vs TBA

Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
Diego Sanchez vs TBA (Possibly Josh Koscheck?)
Joe Stevenson vs. TBA (Possibly Caol Uno)

UFC 70 - Manchester, England
Tito Ortiz vs TBA
Michael Bisping vs TBA
Forrest Griffin vs TBA

where did you get all of this?
01:35 PM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
I don't know if they can really suspend him for long as it was a pretty minor substance. Diuretic's aren't that big of a deal, they are mostly used to mask steroids, but further tests showed he had no steroids in his system.

In terms of what you're saying with the cards there are a couple things you need to take into account.
A) Pride run less cards per years than UFC do. This sort of thins out top competition ias they can't compete on every card.
B) UFC rely more on their championships. They spread out the title bouts as opposed to putting multiple defenses on one night. This also makes the title bouts a bigger deal.
C) UFC doesn't have the level or real talent that Pride has. UFC relies more on personality, Ultimate Fighter contestants, and guys who just want to throw down.
D) Pride completely owns the Japanese market in terms of fighters, and they really have most of the Brazilians. That really hurts them because they are losing out on so many fighters.

With all of those combined, UFC tends to struggle putting up long blockbuster cards. Yet, their evens are almost never disappointing.
Well put. Theres nothing to really argue about in those statements. Another concern I have is their booking. See below.

UFC 68 - Columbus, Ohio
Assuerio Silva vs TBA
Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes Diego Sanchez vs TBA (Possibly Josh Koscheck?)*
Joe Stevenson vs. TBA (Possibly Caol Uno)*
From what I heard, the Franklin vs. McDonald has already been signed. I think its a great fight, but I think its too early. I believe Franklin should have a stepping stone match, I mean fight someone like Pete Sell just to build him up again. And if McDonald loses in a horrorable fashion, does that mean he loses whatever credibility he has?

Now if this Swick vs. Okami match is true, I think the UFC booking is dropping the ball on this one. In my opinion, I think Swick should had gotten a title shot before Travis Lutter, but thats just my opinion. Now if Yushin Okami wins, does that mean Mike Swick would have to wait even longer for a title shot? I think Yushin Okami should had fought Jason McDonald and the winner of that to decide fight Nate Marquardt to see whos next in line for a title shot after Swick.

As for the two asterisks, I see Diego dominating anyone he's fighting except Matt Hughes or GSP. If Caol Uno is fighting Joe Stevenson, I think that can be a pretty good fight.

My final note, if the UFC has talent problems they can rely on their farm league, the WEC. They have Urijah Faber and Razor Rob. Also, the UFC lossed out on(and still attempt to sign) Jake Shields to shake up the Welterweight division.
01:40 PM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
In the other thread you said:
but once I started training i was easily in the best shape of my life.
What discipline are you taking? I want to train at the Renzo Gracie Academy but I don't have the time or money to go there.
02:14 PM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
In the other thread you said:

What discipline are you taking? I want to train at the Renzo Gracie Academy but I don't have the time or money to go there.

I've been training in Kickboxing for a while, have worked my wrestling and takedown skills with Phil Baroni, and have trained in BJJ here and there at a local BJJ dojo.

If you're looking to train in Brooklyn check out www.dunnsdojo.com
02:38 PM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
From what I heard, the Franklin vs. McDonald has already been signed. I think its a great fight, but I think its too early. I believe Franklin should have a stepping stone match, I mean fight someone like Pete Sell just to build him up again. And if McDonald loses in a horrorable fashion, does that mean he loses whatever credibility he has?

Now if this Swick vs. Okami match is true, I think the UFC booking is dropping the ball on this one. In my opinion, I think Swick should had gotten a title shot before Travis Lutter, but thats just my opinion. Now if Yushin Okami wins, does that mean Mike Swick would have to wait even longer for a title shot? I think Yushin Okami should had fought Jason McDonald and the winner of that to decide fight Nate Marquardt to see whos next in line for a title shot after Swick.

As for the two asterisks, I see Diego dominating anyone he's fighting except Matt Hughes or GSP. If Caol Uno is fighting Joe Stevenson, I think that can be a pretty good fight.

My final note, if the UFC has talent problems they can rely on their farm league, the WEC. They have Urijah Faber and Razor Rob. Also, the UFC lossed out on(and still attempt to sign) Jake Shields to shake up the Welterweight division.

Yeah Franklin vs. MacDonald has been signed. It's an odd fight because I have no idea what to expect out of MacDonald in this fight. Personally, no matter how good he is Franklin is going to come out on the warpath. MacDonald has won 2 decent upsets, but the UFC knows that the talk around him makes him look a lot better than he really is. So seeing as he has all this hype now, it makes it look like Franklin is fighting a tougher fight then he really is. After this I think Franklin gets his shot vs. Silva. If MacDonald loses though I don't think it takes his new found credibility away. If anything I think it just brings him back down to earth.

Lutter got the shot first because they needed to build up Silva as the champion. UFC doesn't want their champions to win the title and then lose it. They build their business around rematches like boxing. It brings in more people. If Silva fought Swick, Marquardt, even Okami I think he'd have a chance of losing, and they don't want that.

The MW has a serious log jam of talent right now. There are a lot of guys who are solid fighters. They are facing a problem with Franklin and Silva where I think they are obligated to give Marquardt or Swick a shot at the title soon. I can't really blame UFC as they have a couple guys who deserve shots at the title right now.

As for Sanchez I 95% agree with you. There is a shot that Koscheck or Burkman could score an upset vs. him. If Alves is definitely suspended I'm bummed. I thought Alves vs. Sanchez was the go to fight in terms of finding out who gets the shot after Hughes eventually fights GSP. I think they wait until Hughes fights St. Pierre again. St. Pierre wins that fight then have Hughes fight Sanchez and the winner of that gets the shot vs. GSP again. With this thinking UFC wins as it gets a lot of good fights. Also if St. Pierre beats Hughes again they wear down Hughes and it gives Sanchez a better shot at beating him to pass on the baton. If Hughes wins they get a big time rematch vs. GSP.

Also I agree great fight with Stevenson and Uno. I'm glad they are really trying to bolster the 155lb Division.

I think they have a talent problem in a couple of divisions but they are starting to bulk up, a great example is the Lightweight division which has been dead for a while, and it's being built up ecspecially with BJ Penn soon coming back. I think Jake Shields would've been a great signing, but where they really missed out was Mac Danzig.
03:27 PM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
I've been training in Kickboxing for a while, have worked my wrestling and takedown skills with Phil Baroni, and have trained in BJJ here and there at a local BJJ dojo.

If you're looking to train in Brooklyn check out www.dunnsdojo.com
How did you end up training with Phil Baroni?
This is going to sound crazy(especially since I live in Brooklyn) but it would be easier for me get to the Renzo Gracie Academy than it is to get to Dunn's Dojo. Since I don't drive it would take me about an hour to that part of Brooklyn, whereas I can get to the city in like 25-30 mins. Regardless, as of now I have no time to take any classes or train.
Do you think Phil Baroni will ever fight Frank Shamrock? Do you plan on fighting to be your main career or is it just for fun?

Yeah Franklin vs. MacDonald has been signed. It's an odd fight because I have no idea what to expect out of MacDonald in this fight. Personally, no matter how good he is Franklin is going to come out on the warpath. MacDonald has won 2 decent upsets, but the UFC knows that the talk around him makes him look a lot better than he really is. So seeing as he has all this hype now, it makes it look like Franklin is fighting a tougher fight then he really is. After this I think Franklin gets his shot vs. Silva. If MacDonald loses though I don't think it takes his new found credibility away. If anything I think it just brings him back down to earth.

Lutter got the shot first because they needed to build up Silva as the champion. UFC doesn't want their champions to win the title and then lose it. They build their business around rematches like boxing. It brings in more people. If Silva fought Swick, Marquardt, even Okami I think he'd have a chance of losing, and they don't want that.

The MW has a serious log jam of talent right now. There are a lot of guys who are solid fighters. They are facing a problem with Franklin and Silva where I think they are obligated to give Marquardt or Swick a shot at the title soon. I can't really blame UFC as they have a couple guys who deserve shots at the title right now.

As for Sanchez I 95% agree with you. There is a shot that Koscheck or Burkman could score an upset vs. him. If Alves is definitely suspended I'm bummed. I thought Alves vs. Sanchez was the go to fight in terms of finding out who gets the shot after Hughes eventually fights GSP. I think they wait until Hughes fights St. Pierre again. St. Pierre wins that fight then have Hughes fight Sanchez and the winner of that gets the shot vs. GSP again. With this thinking UFC wins as it gets a lot of good fights. Also if St. Pierre beats Hughes again they wear down Hughes and it gives Sanchez a better shot at beating him to pass on the baton. If Hughes wins they get a big time rematch vs. GSP.

Also I agree great fight with Stevenson and Uno. I'm glad they are really trying to bolster the 155lb Division.

I think they have a talent problem in a couple of divisions but they are starting to bulk up, a great example is the Lightweight division which has been dead for a while, and it's being built up ecspecially with BJ Penn soon coming back. I think Jake Shields would've been a great signing, but where they really missed out was Mac Danzig.
Lutter getting a shot first kinda makes sense now. Seeing how they did this with Arlovski(he fought buentello then Sylvia), Liddell(he fought Horn, Babalu then Tito), Sylvia(Monson and got Couture next), the list can go on.

I haven't really been to impressed with Koscheck and Burkman. For me to think highly of them they need to fight Joe Riggs or Karo Parisyan. They wouldn't have to win, but they would have to atleast have a strong showing.

The UFC had to bring Lightweights back. I think they make the Heavyweights look like they are fighting in slow motion. Another reason they had to bring it back is because the heavyweights are lacking fighters. I believe lightweights are the future of any company, especially with the UFC.

Lastly do you know if the UFC will be using Mayhem Miller? He had a contract with the WFA. Also what do you think of Matt Lindland fighting Fedor for Bodog?
03:36 PM on 01/26/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Reefer Sutherland
Tucson, Arizona
Male - 32 Years Old
where did you get all of this?

mmaweekly.com

95% of his rumors are dead on. word.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates