AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:48 PM on 01/28/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Like I said I think they want to hold back guys like Evans and Diego. Have you noticed how rare it is to see young guys win Championships? It's a veteran's sport for the most part. There is no point to have guys like Evans and Diego go in and lose to the champions. It's only going to set them back. The best thing they can do is slowly build them up by giving them tougher and tougher opponents.

In terms of his next opponent if it's not Rampage I'd say its either Lambert if he beats Sobral or Jardine. I wouldn't even count out Couture going at him for a retirement match.

You may be right with Babalu vs. Ortiz. I'd love to see him win, because I'm a huge Babalu fan.
I can understand that the UFC doesn't want to have another Quarry/Franklin type fight, but Keith Jardine lost to Stephan Bonnar and Lambert got dominated by Rashad. Prior to his lost, I thought the UFC was grooming Forrest to be the next contender. So for now, I think it depends on if Rampage wins or not. If Rampage wins, he's going to fight Chuck first but if he loses I can see Rashad getting a chance. As for Diego, I can see him get the next shot after Matt Hughes(I'm going under the impression that Hughes had a rematch clause in his contract). And if he fights Koscheck, I don't think it would he would beat Josh as he did in TUF1.

I would also like to see Babalu win, so lets hope this match happens.
06:58 PM on 01/28/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Taken from MMAFighting.com:

"Diego Sanchez (17-0) is putting his undefeated record on the line against Josh Koscheck (8-1) April 7 in the first-ever UFC event in Texas. The winner of this bout should cement his status as a top contender for Georges St. Pierre's welterweight title.

Sanchez holds an uncredited win over Koscheck from a semifinal exhibition bout on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter. Judges rendered a split decision after 3 rounds in favor of Sanchez. He went on to defeat Kenny Florian to win the TUF 1 middleweight championship.

If Georges St. Pierre recovers from his knee injury, he will give TUF 4 winner Matt Serra his title shot on this card."

To be honest, I think Diego already "cemented his status as top contender" when he beat Karo Parisyan. I also think Karo got screwed out of his title shot. Josh Koscheck hasn't fought people of the same caliber that Diego fought. In the end, I say Sanchez by un. decision.
03:19 PM on 01/29/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old
Taken from MMAFighting.com:

"Diego Sanchez (17-0) is putting his undefeated record on the line against Josh Koscheck (8-1) April 7 in the first-ever UFC event in Texas. The winner of this bout should cement his status as a top contender for Georges St. Pierre's welterweight title.

Sanchez holds an uncredited win over Koscheck from a semifinal exhibition bout on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter. Judges rendered a split decision after 3 rounds in favor of Sanchez. He went on to defeat Kenny Florian to win the TUF 1 middleweight championship.

If Georges St. Pierre recovers from his knee injury, he will give TUF 4 winner Matt Serra his title shot on this card."

To be honest, I think Diego already "cemented his status as top contender" when he beat Karo Parisyan. I also think Karo got screwed out of his title shot. Josh Koscheck hasn't fought people of the same caliber that Diego fought. In the end, I say Sanchez by un. decision.

I'm hoping for Sanchez by knock out ala Joe Riggs fight. Koscheck will try and take the fight to the ground because he doesn't want to trade punches with Sanchez.
03:22 PM on 01/29/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old
oh and Hermes Franca vs Sean Sherk has been confirmed for the summer.
08:15 PM on 01/29/07 
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm hoping for Sanchez by knock out ala Joe Riggs fight. Koscheck will try and take the fight to the ground because he doesn't want to trade punches with Sanchez.

I expect this will be a really good fight.
06:28 PM on 01/30/07 
User Info.
xrateddream
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Male - 29 Years Old
if the GSP and Serra fight goes down, serra will get smoked.
09:20 PM on 01/30/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old

everyone knows this but atleast we get to see serra's good looking girlfriend. word.
09:24 PM on 01/30/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
It really depends which Matt Serra we will see that night. If he can keep up with GSP's pace and fight like he did when he fought Shonie Carter(the first time) he might have a chance. If Serra can't take GSP down, then yeah I can see this fight ending quickly.
09:56 PM on 01/30/07 
User Info.
FinchBulldog2
Take money, your money.
Rockland,...
Male - 27 Years Old
Just rewatched Rich Franklin vs Nate Quarry. Sickest knockout.
06:35 AM on 01/31/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
GSP has a signed a six fight deal that can be potentially worth seven figures.

Also heres an interesting article on Kevin Randleman recently getting released out of the hospital:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...59&zoneid =13
03:54 PM on 01/31/07 
User Info.
Gabe Borquez
Beast Nashville
Nashville, TN
Male - 32 Years Old
It really depends which Matt Serra we will see that night.

dude. that comment is one of Joe Rogan's signature phrases. I think he might have it copyrighted. You might be getting a lawsuit your way....hah.
05:07 PM on 01/31/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Its the truth but yeah hopefully Joe Rogan doesn't see this..haha.
06:22 PM on 01/31/07 
User Info.
YouMadeTheScene
^^^Doesn't Have Herpes
Long Island
Male - 30 Years Old
It really depends which Matt Serra we will see that night. If he can keep up with GSP's pace and fight like he did when he fought Shonie Carter(the first time) he might have a chance. If Serra can't take GSP down, then yeah I can see this fight ending quickly.

Serra doesn't stand a chance. I've met the guy and he is a real great guy and a great BJJ expert, but he doesn't stand a chance. GSP is possibly a top 5 fighter in the world.
06:32 PM on 01/31/07 
User Info.
EnderDove
No Avatar Selected
Iowa
Male - 28 Years Old
So I just started watching the Fight Night on Spike, it's the repeat. But next up is the UFC debut of Herring, I'm excited.

I've been out of the MMA loop for awhile and just saw the commercial for 67, CroCop and Jackson both at 67...I must find a way to watch.

Edit:

Well Herring just got his ass beat, very disappointing.

Rogan tore him apart also, rightfully so though, I lost count of how many times he gave his back.
07:27 PM on 01/31/07 
User Info.
Chico
Brooklyn, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Serra doesn't stand a chance. I've met the guy and he is a real great guy and a great BJJ expert, but he doesn't stand a chance. GSP is possibly a top 5 fighter in the world.
Every fighter has a puncher's chance but yeah if iwas a betting man, my money would be on GSP.

I just saw the Clay Guida and Din Thomas fight. It could had went either way but the judges went with Din because they chose his stand up to Clay's ground and pound. I also saw the Dean Lister and Nate Marquadrt fight. Dean Lister really has a lot of work to do. Marquadrt put on a boxing clinic, he was just teeing off on Dean Lister.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos