Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 38
07:29 AM on 07/22/09
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
Great review, and it seems right on the money.

I love OLP, but after one spin, I just can't get into this album. Hopefully it'll be a grower. The single "All You Did Was Save My Life," is absurdly good, though.

I'm still stoked for the tour to support this. Our Lady Peace never let me down in concert.
07:31 AM on 07/22/09
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
Mike Turner is in a band with members of I Mother Earth and the Tea Party called Crash Karma. They're supposed to have an album out soon.

http://www.myspace.com/crashkarma

I was wondering what he was into. I always thought he was very influential in the overall feel of those OLP albums I loved. I'm gonna have to check this out...
07:33 AM on 07/22/09
Orange Skies
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've tried for years to like these guys when i saw them open for Van Halen (yeah, VH)... but I can't do it. The singer is the culprit. I give up!
07:49 AM on 07/22/09
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Toooooooooo many ballads, too much lazy singing, production is very cluttered at times.
07:50 AM on 07/22/09
starseed
pen?
User Info.
Liking this album. OLP is one of my favorite bands, if not the most favorite. Some of the songs take a little getting used to. For me "The End Is Where We Begin" and "White Flags" are the ones that impress the least, but I love "All You Did", "Monkey Brains", "Never Get Over You", and "Paper Moon". Plus if you get the deluxe edition it adds "Time Bomb" and "The Right Stuff", and I think at the very least the former is a worthy addition. It's not solid all the way through and it's definitely not as creative as Happiness, but I think it's more varied than Gravity or Healthy, and it's got some real gems.
07:56 AM on 07/22/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Clumsy and Happiness are fantastic records. Also, Raine's solo record had some interesting songs. If you want to hear a more experimental Raine then check out that solo record called Hunters Lullaby.
Read my review about The Hunter's Lullaby, here.
08:02 AM on 07/22/09
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
User Info.
Decent album, haven't decided if I'm picking this one up yet. Good review.
08:33 AM on 07/22/09
whyte39
www.alexwhyte.com
User Info.
Liking this album. OLP is one of my favorite bands, if not the most favorite. Some of the songs take a little getting used to. For me "The End Is Where We Begin" and "White Flags" are the ones that impress the least, but I love "All You Did", "Monkey Brains", "Never Get Over You", and "Paper Moon". Plus if you get the deluxe edition it adds "Time Bomb" and "The Right Stuff", and I think at the very least the former is a worthy addition. It's not solid all the way through and it's definitely not as creative as Happiness, but I think it's more varied than Gravity or Healthy, and it's got some real gems.
I think 'The Right Stuff' is quite possibly the worst song they have ever created. And I love this band, and have played this new record constantly for the last week, but man, that song bothers me way too much. Way too generic.

As for the album sans bonus tracks. I thoroughly enjoy. Not sure why bands feel the need to recreate the wheel every album, or why people feel they should. They consistently put out good songs without repeating themselves.

From a biased Canadian.
08:49 AM on 07/22/09
c_rob2700
User Info.
I do not enjoy this band at all but I really dig the artwork
09:00 AM on 07/22/09
starseed
pen?
User Info.
I think 'The Right Stuff' is quite possibly the worst song they have ever created.

I wouldn't go that far, really. For example, I think "Made Of Steel" is worse, but I do think it is one of the weaker tracks and I can see why it didn't make the album proper. Actually, I get kind of a Goo Goo Dolls vibe from it.
09:05 AM on 07/22/09
dubey
trillest
User Info.
People actually liked Spiritual Machines? I've been a huge fan since Clumsy but after Spiritual Machines was released I kind of stopped listening to them.

Maybe I should listen to it again, it's been ages.
09:31 AM on 07/22/09
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Enjoyed this album a lot the first time through. Sure, it's nothing new or very exciting, but that's not what I want from OLP really.
09:32 AM on 07/22/09
natedorough
FusionShows.com - Concerts in MI!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Spiritual Machines might have been their best album.

And this band still rules live. Even after putting out 3 sub-par albums, they're still one of my favorites. Some of these new songs will grow on me. Some won't.
10:02 AM on 07/22/09
startrans
User Info.
This album is like the ex-boyfriend that beats you. You want to like it and makes excuses for it. Our Lady Peace has been my fav. band since I was in high school (since Naveed came out). Like your ex-boyfriend it has a few good qualities but overall its just lacking and will not go down in history as the best. There live show is still amazing. Maybe after seeing this album played live my opinion will change. It did with their last album Healthy In Paranoid Times.
10:41 AM on 07/22/09
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
bob rock is a asshole who ruins music, hope this album is good though

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT