|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Say Vandelay - (Chris Peoples) [myspace] [ap.net profile]
1. How did you get your band name?
The name was given to us from a higher power. That higher power is of course the television and more specifically the greatest TV sitcom of our time "Seinfeld".
2. How did this band get started?
Boredom + lots of talent + alcohol + Motivation to create = Say Vandelay
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Taking Back Sunday, Saves the Day, Four Year Strong, Jimmy Eat World, Boys Night Out
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
We love to tour with all types of bands. Some of the most interesting and enjoyable tours are those with bands not in your genre because they bring out different types of people to your shows that normally would never experience your music. But if we could tour with any band it would be with "The Faint" because every night there would be a dance party.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
First off, the majority of our band members ARE furrys. Luke dresses up like a giant cat regularly to meet random people in shady hotel rooms.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to our band because we spend a lot of time making the music for people to enjoy. So if no one listens then all of our hard work is pointless.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
If we could pick any song to be featured it would have to be "Ghost". It's a great track with a lot of transitions. Plus it's a long song. We think it would be reasonably hard to be five-star experts on the song, but then again I personally think it's hard to "five-star expert" on almost any song. I wouldn't say it's the most complicated song in terms of riffs and solos, but it's a great song. Sometimes there is beauty in simplicity.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Thank you's are ALWAYS in order for parents and families. Then of course you have the fans, Burt Reynolds, and the creators of Origami; in that order.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
In a dream world we would change the amount of difficulty that exists for bands to make it. We would take away the importance of social networking sites in determining the success of a band, and the importance of the overall "image" of the band.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Our first tour where we actually had OUR OWN vehicle and OUR OWN trailer will always be our most memorable. We were all together…no more separate cars full of equipment. It was the first time we actually felt like we were making it as a band.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net symbolizes our dreams. All the bands featured on the site are what we someday hope to be. What we work hard to someday realize. It is our ultimate destination.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Our favorite song is always our newest song in the set. We love to see how the crowd responds to something new that we have created. So currently our favorite song is "Houston we have a Problem"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere with excellent weather, amazing people, great food, and music.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
It seems that the music we listened to around the time we got our licenses really reminds us of our youth. Bands like Green Day, Weezer, and the Blink 182; They all provided soundtracks to our lives.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Our super power would be the ability to dispense an unlimited amount of cash, (much like an ATM), out of our belly buttons. Not only would it solve our financial issues but it would look AWESOME.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We made a pizza once. We haven’t been “made” in an "industry" sort of sense but were we’re working on it.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most fans don’t realize that we do everything for them.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Who doesn’t love Christmas? Also Flag Day ranks up there.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
If we get any spare time it’s spent with friends and family.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We are REALLY good at making homemade greeting cards.
12:42 AM on 07/23/09
great bunch of dudes I'm glad to read about'em
12:42 AM on 07/23/09
homemade greeting cards!!
07:30 AM on 07/23/09
Very nice. Go watch these guys on Warped !!!
10:57 AM on 07/23/09
Shh! I'm Listening to Reason
any band that likes seinfeld, i will check out.
10:48 AM on 08/03/09
Chris Peoples didnt answer these questions.
Buy The Music