AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Saving The Hero - 01.10.09

Saving The Hero - 01.10.09

Interviewed by
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Saving The Hero -(Jake Hunter) [reverbnation]

1. How did you get your band name?
Well, we were called Suncoast before the whole Saving The Hero transition. We were a powerpop band, but we all felt we needed change and decided to go for a Post Hardcore sound. I was brainstorming new names because Suncoast just felt wrong. I thought, sometimes the hero needs saving...we all need a savior. The name just came to me from there.

2. How did this band get started?

I had just left All We Need and was looking to stay involved with music, so I contacted a couple of friends that attended the same high school as me and they liked the idea of doing a musical project together. It turned from a band we just wanted to have fun and jam around with to a band that we wanted to go places. Suddenly, everyone decided that they just didn't have the time for Saving The Hero anymore, so we shut things down in the middle of recording our EP. As time went by I decided to ask a long time friend of mine, Brian Westlund, to get together and write some music together. We connected and decided to revive Saving The Hero.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Personally, I'm influenced by Acceptance, Brandtson, Alexisonfire, The Ataris, Downhere, Thrice, Copeland, Anberlin, The Early November, and Armor For Sleep.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Basically every band that has influenced me. With the addition of Circa Survive, As Cities Burn, Jonezetta, and Secret & Whisper.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Probably a Panda Bear, they seem like they have all the fun.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We want to produce music that EVERYONE wants to listen to. We really like to make our music as catchy as possible. We even get stoked about our own music.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?

Probably "A New Year's Resolution". It's extra catchy and we added an exciting breakdown to it. I think it'll be difficult to play, but not too difficult. It'd definitely be fun to play though.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

It sounds cliché, but I'd thank the Lord for blessing us with everything that helped get us there.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

Basically, to have making music a more profitable thing. It's tough to get a steady income from playing music.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Our first show! Wow, that was an unusual experience. The bands we played with were great, but we just weren't ready to play that gig. We messed up on a couple songs, but we played it off pretty well.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's my daily dosage of what's happening in music. It definitely keeps me in the know and gives me cool updates and news. Definitely one of the best sites on the net!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
So far, "A New Year's Resolution".

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Definitely New York City. I love the energy and nightlife there. There's so much to do!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Probably Switchfoot and dcTalk. That's what I grew up on.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Who wouldn't want to fly?! Especially with gas prices these days...

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?

Not yet, but I feel we're on the right track. We have the motivation and attitude to get there.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
My father is a host on Home Shopping Network.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Can't get better than Christmas.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Chill with friends, write music, and go out on the town.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can wiggle my ears, snap, whistle, and make really weird faces.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
08:59 AM on 08/01/09
DoubleAW
The Next Horizon / Eugene
User Info.
Number 17 :o

my mom watches that channel all the time.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos