AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

Oh No Not Stereo - 01.09.09

Interviewed by: Linda Ferreira (07/29/09)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Oh No Not Stereo - (Skyler Nielsen) [myspace] [ap.net profile] [website]

1. How did you get your band name?
I was in a serious ATV accident when I was 11 and lost the hearing in my right ear. And also in the beginning stages of our band, countless people doubted our concept of a live duo, adding quite the double meaning to our band name.

2. How did this band get started?
Myk and I met in a guitar store in Hollywood and within days we were writing songs together. I came to the table with a whole lot of demos and ideas that I had recorded over the years so there was lots of fuel to add to the fire, so to speak.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
I seem to draw the most inspiration from songs from the 50's and 60's. A simple beat layered with infectious melodies, while still short and sweet? I'm sold. Not to mention I'm in love with the piano, and any organ I can get my hands on (except the male organ).

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
The Matches, simply amazing live show, and the coolest dudes ever. Foo Fighters, cause they would be fun and fitting with our live energy. Refused, cause they made me wanna rock out so hard my head explodes. Iron Maiden, cause they kick ass.

5. If you were furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Flying squirrel. (As long as I could have opposable thumbs.) What better way to get from point A to B?

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We just released our third record and are SO proud of it. Also we're free agents right now so we own our music and maintain our own creative control. Of all the bands out there, most of them hype their music up saying it's gonna 'change the world' and it's the 'best thing unlike anything you've ever heard'... We're here to say that we make really good music and are very passionate about the messages in our music. We aren't stopping anytime soon and hope that everyone will give us a chance.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Hurricanes" would be a great Guitar Hero song. I would say that it'd be a pretty easy song to figure out, if one was video game savvy.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our fans for believing in us all along, and for taking us to another level of success.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would knock the Whiskey A Go Go down and build a Chiliís.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Hmm... A good one I can remember involves 8 counts of criminal mischief from covering GWB's name up with our stickers at the 'Welcome To Texas' state sign, and a sheriff with an enormous mustache.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
What an amazing forum at our fingertips, we can always follow what's going on in this crumbling (yet revolutionary) industry, thanks to your endless network!!!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Cover song? Any Creedence Clearwater song puts a huge smile on my face. ONNS song? Let's Get It Started.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Any Hawaiian beach. Mmm...

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Nirvana, Guns and Roses, and yes...Boys II Men and Mariah Carey.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I wish I could fly. Like that Seal song...man that guy knows what's up.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We have achieved many levels of success in our history, and keep setting goals to continue our path to bigger stages and more fans. Every time we play in a new country we feel an absolute feeling of success... There will not be the point in our career where we will give up trying, and stop the momentum from flowing. We live to keep our music flowing and watch it travel around the world.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I started a political party called the 'Milkshake Party'.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
New Years Day, since it's the more revolutionary holiday, instead of a religious obligation.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play piano, write music, drink beer, snowboard.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can throw a mean party.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6.
03:33 PM on 07/30/09
Drown_The_City
A contender now throwing the fight
User Info.
These guys came and played a free show at my school. not too shabby
03:43 PM on 07/30/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Great band. I was disappointed when their album never made it into stores. I would have picked it up in a Best Buy/ Target for sure.
04:05 PM on 07/30/09
punkrawkgoddess
User Info.
Great band. I was disappointed when their album never made it into stores. I would have picked it up in a Best Buy/ Target for sure.
It's in Best Buy stores!
04:10 PM on 07/30/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
It's in Best Buy stores!
O RLY? I haven't seen it so far, but I'll definitely check again next time I'm there.
09:00 AM on 08/01/09
SEckwd
3eb WILL release another record!
User Info.
i dig their new album 003 alot, good tunes, seem like good guys
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives